Bruno Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010 | 09:16 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
You're all lucky that Chuck Norris doesn't drive in F1. He would win every race in a 10 year old Minardi with a broken motor.
Don't mess with Chuck.

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/chuc...s-top-50-facts
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:17 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Yeah, but your admin buddy has to constantly discredit Alonso's role in where they currently stand. We will do anything to give other's credit (or to discredit Alonso), so he can feel better (I mean less bitter).
That is my issue with all this FRY crap that he constantly keeps throwing. He will say anything but say something positive about Alonso. Like Alonso has nothing to do with where Ferrari stands. Then as always, he has to turn around and twist people's words.
He needs a better hobby.
Regards.
Bob, are we buddies?
Old 11-11-2010 | 09:17 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I have to disagree. This circuit, with it's long straights will suit McLaren and Ferrari and I could see Hamilton or Alonso winning, with the other coming in 2nd. There are some tight turns but not many long sweeping turns, where RB excells.
The Red Bulls have a lot of mechanical grip and are very good in the slow sections too. There is really only one long straight, and it comes after a twisty section where the Red Bulls should be able to gain a few car lengths; enough to hold off even the McLarens IMHO. But we will see soon.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-11-2010 | 09:55 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, but your admin buddy....
I am not an admin, nor am I the RL Admin (that would be Bob). I am merely a Moderator (re: an unpaid volunteer who serves at the pleasure of the RL Admin, who can step down or ask to step down at any time).
In the F1 threads, I am merely a member. I am also President of the RL Takuma Sato fan club.

Please feel free to use the "report post" button at any time, for any member.

...has to constantly discredit Alonso's role in where they currently stand..
I simply like to point out his lack of character, especially in light of his coincidental participation in recent events like Stepneygate and Crashgate. I feel sorry for him always being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

We will do anything to give other's credit.
The team and Fry seems to deserve a lot of the credit, especially given the 2nd half of the season results.

...or to discredit Alonso), so he can feel better (I mean less bitter)..
I actually feel pretty good today, thanks for noticing.
I just don't like Alonso. FWIW, I don't like Danica Patrick or Jeff Gordon either.

That is my issue with all this FRY crap that he constantly keeps throwing. He will say anything but say something positive about Alonso. Like Alonso has nothing to do with where Ferrari stands. Then as always, he has to turn around and twist people's words..
I simply did some simple math based on numbers you posted (twice I believe) It can be argued that Alonso's grid position seems to have improved after the arrival of Fry at the team. Several other RL members (including the Admin) seemed to concur.
In an era of non testing, the ability for Alonso (described by some as the best development driver in F1) is greatly diminished, since development takes place at the factory, not at the test track as in the recent past.
As Bob pointed out, give a driver a better car (one whose characteristics might suit one driver on the team much more than the other ... quite common), and he should go faster.

He needs a better hobby.
Regards.
Working on it. My basement workshop is almost cleaned out and the R/C gear is coming out of a 30 year storage. I am almost done.

P.S. I know Gretch is a very good shot.
The question is, will be able to take me out before I get to "the button"
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:09 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

And your response to post # 116 is?
Still waiting.......

Originally Posted by ltc
I think Bob was quite articulate in post # 85 on page 6.

I simply did the numbers, twice, to show that Fry, in addition to Massa's 7 point gift (and RBR letting their drivers beat up on each other and themselves) is more the reason for the current situation, that's all.
Nothing about fairness at all, unless of course you subscribe to the definition of FIA (Ferrari International Assistance).
As per the above statement, if Massa get his 7 points back, they are both even, which we both know is not true. I also showed this in math earlier.

I would like to see some math to prove the above point. Alonso is exactly double of Massa at this point, 143 to 246. Give back Massa the 7 and you have 150 for Massa to 239 for Alonso. Since when is 150=239 ??

RBR crashes should have the same affect on everyone. They didn't just work to Alonso's benefit. They made the most of the situation, something his team mate did not.

I don't support Massa anymore, since he threw the team under the bus and whined like a baby about it.
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:11 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Working on it. My basement workshop is almost cleaned out and the R/C gear is coming out of a 30 year storage. I am almost done.

P.S. I know Gretch is a very good shot.
The question is, will be able to take me out before I get to "the button"
I guess time will tell. We only have what 3 more days to go. Either you get to the button 1st or you walk away for good. And, just so that you know, I don't take threats lightly .
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:11 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
FWIW, I don't like Danica Patrick or Jeff Gordon either.
Yes, but would you agree that Danica could take Jeff in 3-round UFC format?
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:12 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Still waiting.......

Old 11-11-2010 | 10:13 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

Not nice to share your mamma's tampon brand with everyone on rennlist, is it, LOL!
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:16 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Not nice to share your mamma's tampon brand with everyone on rennlist, is it, LOL!
My momma passed away in 2008. Thanks for losing your sense of humor in your futile attempt to score a point.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:24 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
My momma passed away in 2008. Thanks for losing your sense of humor in your futile attempt to score a point.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Well, God bless her soul. I made no attempt to score points with anyone, so you got it all wrong. Go find a better hobby.
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:32 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nizer
Yes, but would you agree that Danica could take Jeff in 3-round UFC format?
Agreed, especially after seeing Jeff Gordon vs Jeff Burton at the last NASCAR race.
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:39 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Still waiting.......
OK, if you insist...

As per the above statement, if Massa get his 7 points back, they are both even, which we both know is not true. I also showed this in math earlier.
If Alonso were to give back the 7 points from Germany (and I suppose the $100K should then be given back to Ferrari), that would make Alonso and Webber even going into the final race. At this point, the 7 points do nothing for Massa, except perhaps give him back the race win that he likely deserved.

I would like to see some math to prove the above point. Alonso is exactly double of Massa at this point, 143 to 246. Give back Massa the 7 and you have 150 for Massa to 239 for Alonso. Since when is 150=239 ??
Again, the math was done just on Alonso's grid/qualifying position pre and post Fry (first and second half of season)....twice. I intentionally excluded Massa since it was irrelevant to the final weekend and the WDC.

RBR crashes should have the same affect on everyone. They didn't just work to Alonso's benefit. They made the most of the situation, something his team mate did not.
The RBR crashes "just didn't work to Alonso's benefit"?
So, when Vettel's engine expired at the end of the last race and Alonso finished 1st, that "just didn't work to Alonso's benefit"?

I don't support Massa anymore, since he threw the team under the bus and whined like a baby about it.
Agreed.
Massa should carry himself with more dignity and professionalism, like Alonso did at McLaren and Renault.
Old 11-11-2010 | 10:45 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I guess time will tell. We only have what 3 more days to go. Either you get to the button 1st or you walk away for good. And, just so that you know, I don't take threats lightly .
Raj,
No need to get the boxers all bunched up.
Don't worry, I'll make sure you win either way.

I just find it ironic that Alonso will have earned the Faux WDC title for Ferrari for the exact same reason that Sir A.Wayne has been putting forward in regards to Michael Schumacher at Ferrari for well over a year.

That is why I hope he wins it by a margin greater than the 7 team order points.
Old 11-11-2010 | 11:32 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Raj,
No need to get the boxers all bunched up.
Don't worry, I'll make sure you win either way.

I just find it ironic that Alonso will have earned the Faux WDC title for Ferrari for the exact same reason that Sir A.Wayne has been putting forward in regards to Michael Schumacher at Ferrari for well over a year.

That is why I hope he wins it by a margin greater than the 7 team order points.
What I can't understand is, you guys are quick to discredit A Wayne yet you all have obviously taken note to his stance on faux champions. Why is one person's opinion so important, if you guys don't care? Let him have his opinion. Not everyone will agree with everything. Wayne doesn't want to give Schumi the credit, so be it. I personally have no issues with his championships and was very excited to see him come back.
You guys have bought this idea and want to discredit other drivers, instead of just nixing the notion of faux champion. Focus on positive, not the negative.

Quick Reply: 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)