Brino Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
or 3) They are more focused on the Constructor's title this year rather than a Driver's title.

Personally, I think it is a bit of # 3 combined with # 1.
Number 3 is what the speed guys were talking about. I don't buy it. They could have allowed Webber to pass and still accomplished #3.

I believe the RB team management thinks that Vettel is the future and they refuse to risk having him turn against them by asking him to compromise. That fear is guiding their actions (stupid as it may be).
Old 11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
My guess is that if at the end, Vettel is leading with Webber behind and Alonso in 3rd, Sebastien will let Webber by of his own volition. No team orders, just one team player helping another. If Alonso is out then Vettel will drive to win the title which I think he deserves.
Deserve it more than Webbo or Alonso ... me tinks not .......

Originally Posted by Ray S
Number 3 is what the speed guys were talking about. I don't buy it. They could have allowed Webber to pass and still accomplished #3.

I believe the RB team management thinks that Vettel is the future and they refuse to risk having him turn against them by asking him to compromise. That fear is guiding their actions (stupid as it may be).
Relax ray it's only a Bottle ............
Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes, but that would be "so Ferrari".

for better or worse, they appear to be true to their words and not going with "team orders".
the question is "who is giving the team orders for no team orders"?
Dietrich? Marko?

agreed. interesting that Vettel is his own manager as well.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:01 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Couldn't agree more.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:06 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My guess is that if at the end, Vettel is leading with Webber behind and Alonso in 3rd, Sebastien will let Webber by of his own volition. No team orders, just one team player helping another. If Alonso is out then Vettel will drive to win the title which I think he deserves.
I agree.

But may a little bit of team orders.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:48 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Please find "The Telegraph's write up on the Upcoming WDC Possibilities in Abu Dhabi"

Nov. 8 (Telegraph) -- As the 2010 Formula One drivers' title comes down the the final race of the season, Telegraph Sport looks at what the four drivers still in contention for the world crown need to do in Abu Dhabi.
Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) Drivers standings: 1stPoints: 246 pts2010 wins: Bahrain, Singapore, Italy, Singapore
Besides winning the opening race of the season, Alonso made a slow start and failed to top the podium until the German Grand Prix. Since his victory at the Hockenheim the Spaniard has has placed in the top three in every race and registered wins in Italy, Singapore and Korea.
Exuding confidence, Alonso has said he is "100 per cent"
sure he will secure his third world title in Abu Dhabi.
What he needs to do in Abu Dhabi: A win or second place would do it for Spaniard. If Webber wins he must come second. If Vettel wins fifth will be enough.
Last season in Abu Dhabi: 14th
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Webber (Red Bull)Driver standings: 2ndPoints: 238 2010
wins: Spain, Monaco, Great Britain, Hungary
Outstanding for much of the season, Webber relinquished the championship lead to Alonso when he crashed into a wall two weeks ago in South Korea. It marked the Australian's second retirement in a season that has otherwise seen him finish no lower than ninth.
Not discounting himself from clinching his maiden title, Webber believes he has a "big, big chance of pulling it off".
What he needs to do in Abu Dhabi: Webber must beat Alonso by nine points or eight if he wins race.
Last season in Abu Dhabi: 2nd
Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)Driver standings: 3rdPoints: 231 points2010 wins: Malaysia, Europe, Japan, Brazil
A win in Brazil put Vettel firmly back in contention for the drivers' title just two weeks on from a blown engine costing him victory at the Korean Grand Prix. Victory in Sao Paulo marked his fourth in a season that has seen him on pole nine times.
He won in Abu Dhabi last season and the German driver remains confident but realistic of his chances next weekend insisting all he can do is his best and hope that is enough to see him in front of Webber and Alonso.
What he needs to do in Abu Dhabi: Must beat Alonso by 16 points or 15 if he wins the race. Must also beat Webber by eight points.
Last season in Abu Dhabi: 1st
Lewis Hamilton (McLaren)Driver standings: 4thPoints: 222 points2010 wins: Turkey, Canada, Belgium
Three retirements in the second half of the season has seen Hamilton relinquish his lead in the drivers standings, Nonetheless, an impressive level of consistency has kept him in contention registering wins in Turkey, Canada and Belgium.
Defensive driving by Hulkenberg wrote off his chances of finishing higher than fourth in Brazil. He is mathematically still in with a chance but Hamilton is now very much the outsider. In spite of this the 2008 champion insists he will not give up hope until the end of next week's race.
What he needs to do in Abu Dhabi: Hamilton needs a minor miracle. He must win race and pray that a sandstorm disrupts Webber, Vettel and Alonso.
Last season in Abu Dhabi: retired
Old 11-08-2010, 02:51 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

In some people's eyes, it appears that Vettel is the new "most hated" driver on the F1 circuit and while I do not fully understand this hatred, it is what it is. Vettel, is extremely competitive and he wants to win and he has the talent and the car to win. Red Bull may have screwed themselves with the results this weekend by not allowing Webber to have his point by. But the last time I checked, these guys were involved in race car events, not driver education track days. If Webber had not crashed in Korea, this debate would not be what it is. Let them race I say and let the best car+driver be called the champion at the end of the year. If Webber or Alonso are better drivers, let them prove it by qualifying on the pole and then winning the race. Of course if late in next week's race we see Vettel in 1st, Webber in 2nd and Alonso in 3rd then the logical thing to happen on the last lap of the race would be for Vettel to give Webber his much wanted point by (making it obvious) and then everyone can live happily ever after. Of course I am hoping that Hamilton and Button can find something extra this coming weekend and make Alonso work for his possible WDC. Alonso is only where he is because he has the experience to drive his car into 3rd place and wait for something to go wrong with one or both of the Red Bulls.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
...Alonso is only where he is because he has the experience to drive his car into 3rd place and wait for something to go wrong with one or both of the Red Bulls.
Please give me a moment to grab some popcorn and a chaise lounge chair.
I want to enjoy the show when the Alonso supporters read what you just said ....
Old 11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

I am sure I will get flamed. After all this is the internet.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
I am sure I will get flamed. After all this is the internet.
As you know here it comes..................................

did you drink a cup of stupid this morning?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

I understand not liking the guy but not admitting that he is one of the best drivers in uniform currently is just absurd.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:20 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
yes, but that would be "so Ferrari".
+ a big ole ONE!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I guess it's this kind of banter that made the 3 stooges a hit with the amigos...

Vettel , 10 poles 4 wins = Good
Alonso, 2 poles 5 victories = Not so good ...

Old 11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Make that 4 victories and a gimmie for Alonso.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:38 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Interesting logistics discussion on Speed............are they setting us up for the RBR cars to get held at customs?

Time for the Abu Dhabi poll...............please

Quick Reply: 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix