Sponsored by:

Summit Point Club Race - Who's in...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I know Dan, I just don't agree with the process/policy. I paid for a race thinking it would be one thing and now it's another. With the 3rd sprint added, we'll see even fewer cars in the enduro. I'm only interested in racing with a good field in class, otherwise it's a DE. My point is the value of the enduro is diminished and that was decided after it was impossible to get a refund.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:32 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
I know Dan, I just don't agree with the process/policy. I paid for a race thinking it would be one thing and now it's another. With the 3rd sprint added, we'll see even fewer cars in the enduro. I'm only interested in racing with a good field in class, otherwise it's a DE. My point is the value of the enduro is diminished and that was decided after it was impossible to get a refund.
I don't like (hate, actually) the change in format after the refund period, too. I would not have signed up for this race if I had known sprint 3 was going to be on Sunday.

As for your wanting to drop the enduro, this is EXACTLY what I was referring to earlier about the regions shooting themselves in the foot economically. They all charge extra for the enduro, but when you give three races for the sprint entry price, fewer and fewer are going to want to "stick around" on Sunday afternoon for a fourth race and therefore will stop signing up for the enduro. People are not signing up for to do race weekends because they are getting 3 sprints vs. 2, either.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I signed up for two sprints and one enduro. Then, after the refund window, they add a third sprint. WHAT, how dare they give me more racing for the same money!!!!!!! I LOVE IT. Come on, racing is racing. Run groups, class place, etc. etc. are just minutia. I hope the organizers realize that the dissatisfied (minority?), are naturally going to be the most vocal.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:45 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

The organizers took a survey after the race last year and apparently the sechedule was well received.

Schedule summary:
1. We have 3 sprint groups
2. Saturday there will be 2 Sprint Races per group
3. Sunday we will have no practice for the enduro, instead
there will be a third sprint Race
4. In the early afternoon there will be 1 enduro.

The changes reflect the wishes of the majority who answered my survey after the 2009 club race.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

101 as of tonight.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

One could always not run in the 3rd sprint and run the 2 sprint one enduro format as originally anticipated.

There are no guns to your head.

It's a freebie.

Run it or don't.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by U4EEAH
I signed up for two sprints and one enduro. Then, after the refund window, they add a third sprint. WHAT, how dare they give me more racing for the same money!!!!!!! I LOVE IT. Come on, racing is racing. Run groups, class place, etc. etc. are just minutia.
Originally Posted by Streak
One could always not run in the 3rd sprint and run the 2 sprint one enduro format as originally anticipated.

There are no guns to your head.

It's a freebie.

Run it or don't.
Agreed.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:48 AM
MLIN
Instructor

I signed up for two sprints and one enduro. Then, after the refund window, they add a third sprint. WHAT, how dare they give me more racing for the same money!!!!!!!

x100

Last edited by MLIN; 09-27-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

you guys are missing the point
Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 AM
U4EEAH
Racer

you guys are missing the point
Not everyone has the same perspective and priorities. As much good wheel to wheel racing with fellow club racers as possible is what most interests me. Class wins, Rennpoints status, bragging rights and plastic trophies are fun too, but more racing trumps them IMHO.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Not everyone has the same perspective and priorities. As much good wheel to wheel racing with fellow club racers as possible is what most interests me. Class wins, Rennpoints status, bragging rights and plastic trophies are fun too, but more racing trumps them IMHO.
You guys are talking about races, I'm talking about the process and refund policy
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
U4EEAH
Racer

You guys are talking about races, I'm talking about the process and refund policy
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about "good fields in class" and the "value" of the Enduro. If you dismiss those concerns, then the "process" is more racing offered after cancellation date. Other than "principal", I don't see how anyone loses
Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the schedule for Sprints Qualifying?

I prefer the one and only Quali session on Saturday instead of best of Friday or a session from Friday's practices.

I might not be able to go on Friday, so if Qualifying is that day, I mights just have to skip the race.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 AM
aj986s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What is it about the amended schedule that you object to? As mentioned, its your choice to not run Sprint #3 on Sunday, effectively taking you back to your original schedule preference.

Do note that many PCA Club Races, including Potomac's at Summit Point, are not exactly profit centers. Between track rental, insurance, the catered dinner, give aways to paticipants & volunteers, etc. etc., there's little if anything left at the end of the day $-wise. Even with sponsor support. Its not unusual for Club Race to end up running at a loss. But I know the Potomac organizers work very hard to bring the best possible racing experience they can to the participants. And they rely on registration payments to finalize how and what they can ultimately do at the event. Late cancellations can be very detrimental.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

What are the likely run groups?

Quick Reply: Summit Point Club Race - Who's in...?