2010 British Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911
Because Ferrari asked for a ruling after only one second, the only circumstances in which I think it's possible to come to a reasonable conclusion about how much Alonso is to blame are these.

- First, we have to know whether it is common for the driver rely on the team to tell him to let the other car pass. This is particularly true in less certain situations like the one in question. If this is the case, it's likely that Ferrari were looking for an answer, didn't get one, and could not communicate with Alonso.

- If this isn't the case and it's up to the driver, we need to determine if Alonso called the team to ask about whether to let Kubica pass him. If he made the assumption that he should keep going, then I believe he is at fault because he should be asking for communication, despite whether he ever gets an answer. If he called the team and never got a decisive answer, then I don't think it's unreasonable to keep going.
It was not Alonso decision , the team was advised to do what they thought was best and they did , while continuing for a clarification , which they never got in the end it did seem that Whiting told them they would discuss after the race , a penalty was issued 10 mins after such and coincidentally after Button was the driver behind Alonso ...

This is not new , the FIA use these inconsistencies in the rules to manipulate race results , they have been doing this for quite sometime now and for a sport that used to thumb their noses at using a Pace car , they seem to have an affinity for them now , even to remove paper .....

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
From the on board shot in ALonso's car, it certainly looked like he was pushed off track at Club. Alonso asks his team for a clarification, and now it comes out with timed details down to the second that Ferrari asked Whiting for clarification on 3 different occasions, but they failed to deliver a clear decision until they impose a drive through penalty much later than the actual infraction occurred.

In the meantime, Kubica dropped out with an engine failure, Alonso had passed multiple cars on track and is then given the penalty?

It's clear that either the FIA is incompetent or they are blatently favoring the two McLaren drivers. There can be no other reason.

I'm really sick of the FIA CYA. They released a press release last week that made it sound like THEY told Ferrari on 3 different occasions to have Alonso repass Kubica, but the team didn't pass it on to Alonso.

Now, the team releases evidence on radio that the FIA was the one that was asked 3 times and they never delivered a clear ruling until it was too late. THe FIA just leaves a bad taste in the mouth of true fans when they act like this. This is MAFIA at it's worst!!!!!
+10 ........

Pretty simple ... if the move was illegal the ruling should have been clear , Alonso to give back the position , clear and simple . Whiting waited until their ruling would have the most avorable results ( button ) hence the impeccable timing of imposing it almost 20 mins later ...
Old 07-19-2010, 12:45 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
That occurred the day that Todt and Brawn left, preceded by Stepney...all way before Alonso's arrival at Ferrari.
Don't forget to add Rory Bryne to that list.
Raj
Old 07-19-2010, 02:43 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Stepping aside from all the jovialities around here, I find it hard to believe that some of you think that Alonso really did cheat on purpose in this instance? Seems like we're looking at different footage....
Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Stepping aside from all the jovialities around here, I find it hard to believe that some of you think that Alonso really did cheat on purpose in this instance? Seems like we're looking at different footage....
I'm not sure I understand your post, was someone else behind the wheel? It sure looked like he could have backed off, not cut the corner and slipped in behind Kubica. If that was not possible he could have cut the chicane but immediately ceded back the position as the rules call for.

He did neither.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:32 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lighten up ray , he is just saying you are as dumb as ***t .............
Old 07-21-2010, 09:06 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
I'm not sure I understand your post, was someone else behind the wheel? It sure looked like he could have backed off, not cut the corner and slipped in behind Kubica. If that was not possible he could have cut the chicane but immediately ceded back the position as the rules call for.

He did neither.
I have to disagree Ray. I think he was virtually side by side and with the ascendancy. Kubica definitely chopped him to the point where he had nowhere else to go. Could he have let Kubica re pass? Of course. Should he have under his perception of the circumstances? I wouldn't have. As far as he was concerned, he was forced into taking evasive action. Why should he have to then give it up to the guy that was clearly slower than him and also was to blame for that particular situation? Then there's all the bs about 'who told what to do which & when syndrome' that has come out in the press....allegedly.

As I said, I'm neither a fan nor a detractor of Alonso. I just think the majority of drivers in the same position would have done pretty much exactly the same.

Quick Reply: 2010 British Grand Prix