Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini vs. Porsche - Nothing short of AWESOME.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:03 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Cory-

First, awesome! You're right, we would have never let you live it down had you lost. Not sure I would have stepped up so you've got some *****!!!

Second, how did it work out for you to be the guy?

Finally, Did PMNA or PCNA get involved in any way?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Cory-

First, awesome! You're right, we would have never let you live it down had you lost. Not sure I would have stepped up so you've got some *****!!!

Second, how did it work out for you to be the guy?

Finally, Did PMNA or PCNA get involved in any way?
After we arrived at the track Monday and saw what a production it was going to be I really started to think it might have been a bad idea. I was thinking how bad it would have been and how much crap I would have gotten from all my racing buddies and also the general public watching the event. "the only reason the Porsche lost was because the driver was terrible" ect... I was more worried when I saw what tires were on the 911. We did more practice a few hours before the official race and the track was super hot/greasy and the tires grip had dropped off. I started to get nervous and began thinking about what excuses I could come up with about why the little Mini beat me. Fortunately it worked out ok.

Mini USA had this huge thing on their facebook page. They posted up an ad stating they were looking for drivers so I sent in an application with a little background info. They called me up and gave me the official invite. They provided the 911. As far as I know, PCNA didn't have any official involvement but the Mini marketing people who know some of the Porsche guys said they unofficially thought it was a great idea. PMNA doesn't really have any connection to PCNA as far as I know so I wasn't worried about making anyone in the racing department upset. It was fun for sure, I might have had a different opinion if the Mini won though.

Last edited by coryf; 07-01-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Mini vs. Porsche - Nothing short of AWESOME.