Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes GP and Schumacher: How Much Improvement Will We See?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Facts ..... ...................
Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Passes:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, "Is it better to be passed by Mika in a McLaren or Montoya in a BMW or Takuma Sato in a lowly Honda while you are in a McLaren?" ALONSO WAS OUTBRAKED FROM THE OUTSIDE WHILE SATO WAS BEHIND THE MCLAREN!!!! BTW, no damage was done to any car by Sato during this piece.

Exibit #1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJwZu5Qqio
It never gets old, I can watch it over and over and over....I may even ask to have it playing in a continuous loop at my funeral.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,338 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
It never gets old, I can watch it over and over and over....I may even ask to have it playing in a continuous loop at my funeral.
Amen Amigo

BTW, was that you wearing the round hat in the stands during that clip?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Amen Amigo

BTW, was that you wearing the round hat in the stands during that clip?
Yes, I am the guy on the right.
As President of the Takuma Sato F1 club, I try and attend as many races as possible, keeping a low profile at all times.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got it. Aren't you overdue to upgrade your avatar to a pic of Sato's helmet or perhaps the one A. Wayne sometimes busts out of Tako on the wooden stilts?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:42 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I know the feeling , it never gets tired .......
Old 09-30-2010, 02:01 AM
SpeedGT3
Racer

Schumacher will ANNOUNCE his departure from F1 at the end of this season.

Schumacher couldnt carry Rosbers jock!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:29 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Why not this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxVb0AWB9yw

or this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpClyplF4fo

or this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJf6ZkSMWHY
Old 09-30-2010, 02:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wow, talk about coming out of the woodwork...Run Pete....Amigos .......
Old 09-30-2010, 11:50 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Somthing akin to roaches coming out at night

Reminds me of Oakland Raider fans. They win the Superbowl every year (in their heads) until the season actually starts.

Lewis will love this one....

Alonso: I’m just a normal guy

Fernando Alonso says the public perception of him is wrong and that he is just a normal guy
Fernando Alonso insists he is 'just a normal guy' and that the perception many have of him couldn't be further from the truth.

The double champion isn't regarded as one of the most popular drivers on the F1 grid with fans and even countryman Jaime Alguersuari has been quoted in the Spanish press as saying that he find the Ferrari driver to be 'very cold' – although he also backed the title challenger as a 'great' F1 racer.

Alonso himself however insists that the perception people have after seeing him on track isn't the Alonso that those around him know and that he is just a normal guy doing the job he is paid to do.

"In the media we read again and again things about ourselves that are not right," he said. "People are making judgements from the outside, but that's the business.

"I am very calm and relaxed, even romantic. Actually, I'm a normal guy. I'm a little bit shy, but when everything's right, that's when the Spaniard in me comes out!"
Old 10-01-2010, 11:56 AM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Somthing akin to roaches coming out at night

Reminds me of Oakland Raider fans. They win the Superbowl every year (in their heads) until the season actually starts.
Ahh... of course no comment about the content of the videos I posted. Please note that this is a thread about Michael Schumacher
Old 10-01-2010, 12:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Ahh... of course no comment about the content of the videos I posted. Please note that this is a thread about Michael Schumacher
Easy there lightweight. All you have posted is Benetton's (the teams) transgressions. How a fuel filter removed from the refueling rig is MS's fault is beyond me, A. Whine Jr. Alonso's transgressions have been documented extensively -- I'm not going to rehash them for you. All I have to post is one number

Nothing else needs to be said or written. Wake me up when someone even gets close
Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Easy there lightweight. All you have posted is Benetton's (the teams) transgressions. How a fuel filter removed from the refueling rig is MS's fault is beyond me
???? There are 5 transgressions in my post.

1. Driving Damon Hill off the road-not a Benetton problem!

2. Parking it in quali at Monaco-not a Ferrari problem!

3. Using traction control to rocket away at the starts-guess he didn't notice

4. Passing lead car and ignoring black flag-he drove around the leader then the team had to figure out what to do....

5. Refueling rig-he didn't notice his pit stops were 3 seconds shorter than anyone else?

"Schumacher pits after Senna, saves 3 seconds with the increased fuel flow after Benetton removed the safety filter. The FIA investigation of Benetton by Intertechnique after Hockenheim indicated that removing the safety filter increased the fuel flow to over 13 liters/sec, gaining an average saving of 3 seconds per pit stop for a 2 stop race"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad6l2yHTS0Y

Contrary to what you may believe, I have a lot of respect for MS but he was not as clean as the driven snow, right?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Twentysix , wasting your time , Schumacher's ******* blocks Pete's vision, He see's nuting ...

Schumacher knew and was involved with all malfeasance, that's why he ended up at Ferrari, he was moved to stop the investigation into Benetton and his WDC victories...

His press conference in late 85 told the tale , when he announced he would leave the team if they were caught cheating, as he was not aware the traction control and launch control button on his steering wheel were illegal ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK95B6osKwE

I will give him credit for being the only rent a ride driver to go on and win 7WDC...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:45 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

OUCH!!!
Talk about disrespect!

F1: ‘No Value’ In Beating Schumacher Now - Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton no longer considers beating Michael Schumacher to be a significant accomplishment...
Michael Schumacher was a childhood hero of Lewis Hamilton.
Lewis Hamilton has admitted it is no longer a special feeling to beat seven time World Champion Michael Schumacher.

When the 41-year-old German announced his return to Formula One for 2010, McLaren driver Hamilton said it will be "an honor and privilege" to go wheel to wheel with one of his childhood heroes.

"He is one of the sport's greatest competitors, a legend - it will be great to compete against him," said the 2008 World Champion, whose F1 career began the season after Schumacher initially retired four years ago.

"It doesn't matter whether I win or lose. The fact I will be able to drive alongside Schumacher is something I can carry all my life," added Hamilton.

But 15 races into Schumacher's difficult comeback, the 25-year-old Briton admits the thrill has gone.

"In the beginning I was very excited about his comeback," Hamilton is quoted by TZ newspaper during a recent visit to Germany.

"But now it's not the same because he is mostly racing behind me. In this respect there is no value in my beating him," he revealed.

Quick Reply: Mercedes GP and Schumacher: How Much Improvement Will We See?