Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes GP and Schumacher: How Much Improvement Will We See?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 04:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Schumacher's return ... what more could one ask for ..........
Old 10-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 161 Posts

The discussion regarding the merits of Schumacher and his current skill levels are interesting but misses one point. Like it or not F1 is a business and nothing sells like attention and MS has brought attention to F1 this year like no other driver. That is why he will be there next year and that is why this discussion is so long and heated. As much as I hate to give the troll credit but the only driver that would bring more attention (and discussions here) is Danica. Remember the nickname for F1 is "The Circus" and it takes PT Barnum to bring in the crowds. Frankly there are too few true racing purists to support the series.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:17 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Really?

He was 6/10 a lap faster than Hakkinen watch the video and Todt prevented Irvine from winning the WDC, to protect Schumacher....

2 stop vs 1 stop strategy for MS and MH, respectively, plus the lack of downforce on the Ferrari and the slipstream effect on the A1 Ring's longer straights. Makes perfect sense.

Tedster, I agree with you 100%. Even if MS continues to lag behind, he at least stirred the pot with his return (at least initially).
Old 10-01-2010, 10:40 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,227 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911
2 stop vs 1 stop strategy for MS and MH, respectively, plus the lack of downforce on the Ferrari and the slipstream effect on the A1 Ring's longer straights. Makes perfect sense.

Tedster, I agree with you 100%. Even if MS continues to lag behind, he at least stirred the pot with his return (at least initially).
Once again Enduro, your "facts" are criptonite to A. Wayne. He will just make some nonsensical comment, a drinking icon, or roll of the eyes icon etc.

This week he and his Alonso man boy love association members have come out of the closet to rejoice and wave their rainbow flags in truimphant joy that their "guy" has managed to win 2 in the row. A faux climb in the points by ALonso aided by 2 consecutive DNFs by Hamilton (1 his fault and the other Coulthard.... I mean Webbers) and the consistant mistakes made by both Red Bull drivers, whether it be taking each other out or poor starts from Mark Webber.

Red Bull should have run away with this WDC and WCC and we should be talking about the last 2 races of the year being irrelavent. Alas, all the ALonso fan boys will have to have their heart broken at the end of the season.

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if 'Nando blew an engine at Suzuka? If he doesn't he still won't make it to the end of the season with the lot that he's got.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:01 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by enduro911

What is it you are not getting Enduro, MS was 6/10 a second a lap faster ..

HE COULD NOT PASS

What pitstops have to do with him not passing .....

Pete : I know everything about F1 ...................
Pete : Alonso not going to Ferrari , will never happen..........
Pete: Ferrari would never trade Kimi for Alonso .................
Pete : No team wants Alonso ..........................
Pete: Schumacher coming back to show these kids.............
Pete : Schumacher will win the 2010 WDC .............
Pete: Schumacher will finish no lower than 3rd in the WDC....
Pete: Alonso will not last a year at Ferrari ...........................
Pete: Wait until the new car schumacher will show them .......
Pete: Ok , Ok , wait until mid-season he will show them ........
Pete: Schumacher was better than Senna ............................

Old 10-02-2010, 05:03 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
This week he and his Alonso man boy love association members have come out of the closet to rejoice and wave their rainbow flags in truimphant joy that their "guy" has managed to win 2 in the row.
Still no comment about the videos I posted?? What's the matter? No explanations? You can't have a conversation about "the Michael" without bringing FA into it? I have yet to disparage you, yet all you can come up with are insults? Pretty sad.

Hey, did you know that Fernando has scored the most points in the last 5 races of all the drivers?

Here's 2 more for you-- 7!

Jean Todt-May 2001/Austria: "Rubens it's last lap let Michael pass for zee championship" --what? He couldn't get by Rubens on his own merit?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlPrj9a88ME

Murray Walker-October 1997/Jerez: "This is what we feared would happen, that there would be a collision....." --desperate measures, karma is a bitch, huh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgfuoSFerDU
Old 10-02-2010, 05:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wow Pete, looks like you will be getting 7 in surround sound ahh 7.1 ..

Quick Reply: Mercedes GP and Schumacher: How Much Improvement Will We See?