Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wow danica what an interview

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make your judgment, I don't really care. You don't know anything about me other than the assumptions you have made based on this one topic. I stand by the my statements about modern American women. They are more in touch with their masculine side and see femininity as a weakness or a tool. Jennifer Love Hewitt being the exception. Yes it is a generalization but their is a lot of truth to it.

911VET, you brought up the fact that you are a brawler and I just went with it. It's true, right?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Make your judgment, I don't really care. I stand by the my statements about modern American women. They are more in touch with their masculine side and see femininity as a weakness or a tool.
Don't be dis'n Sandra Bullock.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I doubt she will ever be a champion (and please, dont' give me WKA Champion in karting). She is a marketing tool. She is part of NA$CARs Drive For Diversity Program (something that was poorly conceived, poorly implemented and poorly reviewed by the racing press...hence it's not talked about much anymore).
She is greatly overhyped, as would be expected as a marketing tool. Unfortunately, it has gone to her head and a sense of 'entitlement' has resulted.
Danika, the Affirmative Action driver. Wrong in racing, and wrong everywhere else too.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stand by the my statements about modern American women. They are more in touch with their masculine side and see femininity as a weakness or a tool.
I don't think anyone who knows me thinks I have lost touch with my feminine side, though when I'm in the car and the visor goes down, I'm a driver. I love being a woman in this day and age which allows me to follow my dreams, right now I'm in the driveway with my kid on his bike, cleaning tire boogers off my GT3 Cup before I wash it and put it back in the garage now that I've warmed it up for 15 minutes.

Ability in a car is not a masculine trait. A trait Milka needs more of.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TwentySix
I don't think anyone who knows me thinks I have lost touch with my feminine side, though when I'm in the car and the visor goes down, I'm a driver. I love being a woman in this day and age which allows me to follow my dreams, right now I'm in the driveway with my kid on his bike, cleaning tire boogers off my GT3 Cup before I wash it and put it back in the garage now that I've warmed it up for 15 minutes.

Ability in a car is not a masculine trait. A trait Milka needs more of.
I applaud you for embracing your feminine side. I see so many young women who do not. It seems there are a number of people who think I am a women hater because I dare to bring this subject up. Seems funny to me that women have no trouble telling a man to be a man when it comes to certain things, but women get bent out of shape when a man says that to them. Why the double standard? TV shows have popularized women putting men down constantly. How can you expect good treatment in return for demeaning treatment?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Danika, the Affirmative Action driver. Wrong in racing, and wrong everywhere else too.
Why do you say this after others have posted her accomplishments? She has done and won more than enough to be right where she is. She gets some added attention due to being a woman but she drove her way to where she is. Milka on the other hand has made a slow mess of any venue she has been in. Yet you like her because she acts coy and demure? That is demeaning.

I applaud you for embracing your feminine side. I see so many young women who do not. It seems there are a number of people who think I am a women hater because I dare to bring this subject up. Seems funny to me that women have no trouble telling a man to be a man when it comes to certain things, but women get bent out of shape when a man says that to them. Why the double standard? TV shows have popularized women putting men down constantly. How can you expect good treatment in return for demeaning treatment?
TV shows also have little princesses whiling away waiting for their prince to save them and teen shows that have almost every type of lovers angst. It is just TV.
Sometimes what is not the norm is funny. Man bites dog kind of thing. A guy putting his wife down is too close to real life for many and not funny.

I want to be sure not to go where you go in the world.
The members of the op sex in my world are not all chest thumping man handlers looking to emasculate all comers. Stop and think if you might have a distorted view and are projecting your thoughts on others.

VR is not a misogynist, he just objectifies.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:10 PM
DanJK
Racer

Way to dare to tackle the big issues in life.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Weird how this whole thing has veered into a basic assertion that Danika does not act female enough. She's certainly female enough for GoDaddy.com. On track, she drives like a driver -- there is no gender correlation as far as I know. Off the track, she can be a jerk, which until recently was predominantly a male racer characteristic, but she's clearly breaking down that barrier!

I see the "problem" as the exact opposite. She is getting media attention and compensation above and beyond what the equivalent guy would get because she is: (a) good enough to be featured, and (b) an attractive woman. But as has been said before, this isn't the first nor the last time a racer gets more than s/he deserves.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

I want to apologize for taking this thread OT. I also want to apologize to 911VET and TwentySix for my rant. My friend Kurt M has expressed in words something that was able to give me a new perspective on the subject. I will do some introspection and try to balance it out. Sorry to all.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M

Correct. Actually, to be truthful, I worship women. I love seeing their beauty in a variety of forms.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love these Danica threads - a huge thread whining about the fact that Danica is a whiner.

The fact is that her resume is equal to many in the pro ranks. Not the best, not the worst. Within her group (resume wise) rides seem to be largely based on the minimum talent level combined with the ability to bring money. She clearly passes that test.

Is she a Priam Donna? Yes. She is abusive to her crew - I have seen that first hand as she was coming up through the ranks. But so are a whole bunch of the male drivers in her peer group and they don't get called out for it at the level she does.

The fact is that women have a harder time moving up through the ranks. But once they hit a certain level, they have an easier time getting sponsors because of the scarcity factor. Seems to me that is a fair trade-off.

I admire her driving skills. I admire her tenacity rising through the lower ranks. I do not admire her attitude towards her crew (and the reputation of how she treats fans, but I have not seen that first hand).
Old 03-09-2010, 02:41 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will getting her a 'PR' coach to mellow her approach a bit when it comes to fans and colleagues help win her more fans to keep building on her famedom and sponsorship gigs.
Photos with a few fans. Sign some hats and shirts.

The ALMS driver/fan autograph sessions are real cool.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:42 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Why do you say this after others have posted her accomplishments? She has done and won more than enough to be right where she is. She gets some added attention due to being a woman but she drove her way to where she is. Milka on the other hand has made a slow mess of any venue she has been in. Yet you like her because she acts coy and demure? That is demeaning.

TV shows also have little princesses whiling away waiting for their prince to save them and teen shows that have almost every type of lovers angst. It is just TV.
Sometimes what is not the norm is funny. Man bites dog kind of thing. A guy putting his wife down is too close to real life for many and not funny.

I want to be sure not to go where you go in the world.
The members of the op sex in my world are not all chest thumping man handlers looking to emasculate all comers. Stop and think if you might have a distorted view and are projecting your thoughts on others.

I want to apologize for taking this thread OT. I also want to apologize to 911VET and TwentySix for my rant. My friend Kurt M has expressed in words something that was able to give me a new perspective on the subject. I will do some introspection and try to balance it out. Sorry to all.
Put together, these are two of the best posts I've seen on rennlist in a while. Good on both of you.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:46 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Thanks Larry, apology accepted
and thanks to Kurt as well for facilitating
Old 03-10-2010, 04:08 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

dam this **** is still going hahaha, i posted this because i thought she had no respect for any other driver, nice boobies and @ss, yeah id hit it, but man she whines like a biatch!!

Quick Reply: wow danica what an interview