Sponsored by:

The Robin Hood Rally

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
LOL! I am sure having a valid FIA license would disqualify me...
Looks like they only care if you are "paid to race".
Old 01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you see the contract from NBC, and the F430 with a title in hand in front of you, don't expect it to actually happen.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:14 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I found out nothing with NBC today if this is a pilot show. Anyone else find out anything?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 148 Posts

I am signed up. I was very sceptical also and did some research and found out that these guy are legit . I had several people vouch for them and assure me that they will produce what they say. The event will only be as good as the participants make it. Hopefully we will have quality drivers and some great competition.
As for the $5000. while yes I wish it was less I can see there point in weeding out those who may not take it seriously. I will be running my 944 turbo that I run in "44cup" and PCA and a Viper ACR that I have. If you have questions feel free to contact me direct I will give you any information I have.
Steve@katzinsurance.com
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

As I said before;
Cool idea and seems legid, but it seems very dangerous in stock cars on public roads?
Am I the only one that thinks cars with just a 3 point seatbelts racing by trees and houses is going to end bad??
Old 01-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
As I said before;

Am I the only one that thinks cars with just a 3 point seatbelts racing by trees and houses is going to end bad??

You're not the only one thinking it.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

This was interesting...

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/statio..._Hartford.html
Old 01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Child
Excellent find...Robin Hood Fairy Tale...take from the rick and give to the poor...scam artists...LOL

I saw on the post card it was mailed from Tampa FL! Hummm.....
Old 01-06-2010, 12:13 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just playing devil's advocate here...

As I said before;

Professional rally events in other countries are run much closer to the trees and houses than any US highway rally could ever get, not to mention the fans who line the routes, so what's the difference? Sure, these would be amateurs, but in putting their own personal property at risk just to enter, you'd expect them to drive with a little more caution than a professional. Sure, something bad could happen, but then again, it is a racing event.

Originally Posted by mdrums
Excellent find...Robin Hood Fairy Tale...take from the rick and give to the poor...scam artists...LOL

I saw on the post card it was mailed from Tampa FL! Hummm.....
Don't most TV shows start off this way? (An independent producer or whatever creates a pilot, and tries to sell it to a network). In this case, it looks to be a venture capital firm called CF Partners. Here's a sampling from their website, the first paragraph from the bio of the managing partner, Stephan Condodemetraky:

"Stephan’s current position is Managing Partner of CF Partners and the Executive Producer of the Robin Hood Rally, www.robinhoodrally.com. In 2007 Stephan and John “Skip” Barber III entered into a contract to develop the Club at Lime Rock Park, www.limerockclub.com, utilizing his existing facility, Lime Rock Park, www.limerock.com. Lime Rock Park is a 50 year old historical road racing facility in Lakeville, CT known as the Road Racing Capital of the East. Stephan successfully created and led a team of sales, marketing, public relations, direct mail, and web professionals to develop and successfully sell memberships during the worst down market period since the Great Depression. The Club at Lime Rock Park has recieved over 100 member commitments to date."

If he's good enough for Skip Barber, then....

On the other hand.... Who is Steve113? with only 1 post?

Originally Posted by Steve113
I am signed up. I was very sceptical also and did some research and found out that these guy are legit . I had several people vouch for them and assure me that they will produce what they say. The event will only be as good as the participants make it. Hopefully we will have quality drivers and some great competition.
As for the $5000. while yes I wish it was less I can see there point in weeding out those who may not take it seriously. I will be running my 944 turbo that I run in "44cup" and PCA and a Viper ACR that I have. If you have questions feel free to contact me direct I will give you any information I have.
Steve@katzinsurance.com

Last edited by ervtx; 01-06-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added website url
Old 01-06-2010, 11:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

I like the thought of this show, but I just can't get over how this can not end up badly;

Professional rally events in other countries are run much closer to the trees and houses than any US highway rally could ever get, not to mention the fans who line the routes, so what's the difference?
The difference is that you can take a stock road car, even if you have reasonable driving skills. So who determines the driving skills? On a road course some "reasonably" skilled drivers are kept in check by the instructor and if things go wrong there is runoff area, safety crews etc.

Going fast on a track is one thing, but rallying is a whole other level.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

I like the thought of this show, but I just can't get over how this can not end up badly;

The difference is that you can take a stock road car, even if you have reasonable driving skills. So who determines the driving skills? On a road course some "reasonably" skilled drivers are kept in check by the instructor and if things go wrong there is runoff area, safety crews etc.

Going fast on a track is one thing, but rallying is a whole other level.
Here's a horrible thought.... something going badly might be just the thing that motivates a network to buy the show and air it. There would certainly be an audience for that.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

imo it's ridiculous to think that a credible org would advertise that this was running on major network. i see the home page makes not mention of NBC now.

i got the postcard too and almost posted up here to see what people thought and then quickly realized it was like repeating how i bragged about that money i had deposited by the nigerian price
Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 PM
krystar
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ervtx
Here's a horrible thought.... something going badly might be just the thing that motivates a network to buy the show and air it. There would certainly be an audience for that.
yea but we already have that show. it's on Fox and TruTV. World's Wildest Police Chases.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
,On the other hand.... Who is Steve113? with only 1 post?
I suspect he and Stephan are the very same person.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brendorenn
imo it's ridiculous to think that a credible org would advertise that this was running on major network. i see the home page makes not mention of NBC now.

i got the postcard too and almost posted up here to see what people thought and then quickly realized it was like repeating how i bragged about that money i had deposited by the nigerian price
VC's place really big bets with other people's money. Big Money; Big Risks. They don't adhere to the usual norms when it comes to promoting their big bets. The NBC connection could have been a trial balloon for all we know. Incredible to us, perhaps, but SOP in their world.

Originally Posted by krystar
yea but we already have that show. it's on Fox and TruTV. World's Wildest Police Chases.
LOL!! You said it! My son can't remember where he put his shoes, but he knows exactly when WWPC and World's Dumbest Criminals is airing.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I suspect he and Stephan are the very same person.

And it's a slippery slope to Stephanie from there....

Quick Reply: The Robin Hood Rally