Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Robin Hood Rally

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:10 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Email me please. I just heard good news about the Rally as far as TV coverage.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:03 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

I have 100 confirmation that Robinhood rally is a scam and will never run. I feel bad for the contestants
needtoknowbasis with one post?

Hardly a way to appear credible...
Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Kerrigan Smith
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
needtoknowbasis with one post?

Hardly a way to appear credible...
I would have to agree. To post something like that you need to back it up with proof of your statement.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Looks like someone was not accepted to the Rally, sorry dude.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They will be at Pocono Raceway on April 23rd
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
TwoSeatsOrLess
Intermediate

We'll be at Pocono this weekend.

For anyone interested, we will be updating our site as much as possible around the event, here's our first post with the Rally 'sizzle reel':

TwoSeatsOrLess

If any rennlisters are attending, please say hello, we'll be in the black 2008 WRX STi.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Interesting how there are 3 one posters jumping in on this thread.....
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
tomjshore
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be there running my 968!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:35 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

The event was pretty crazy! I had a camera helicopter follow me around the course about 50 feet away, major distraction! As were the hired babes....

But my ^&%$^% fuel pump died after my 1st session so I came home early. Damn Porsche, the pump was only 38 years old!
Old 04-24-2010, 06:06 AM
d15b7
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hi mike! nice to meet you; i'm sorry about your fuel pump; it really picked a terrible time to fail! i'll see you soon in NH!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 PM
tomjshore
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Pocono was a good event. Helicopter filming flying 20 feet over the tops of the cars going around the track was pretty cool!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
ktsf1indy
5th Gear

Default Robin Hood Rally gaining massive momentum!

Hi Gents,

Just a quick note to say I hope you had an adventurous time at Pocono. The driving was incredible and to see the array of drivers and cars all together for the first time was very moving for the RHR team. Exciting stuff ahead!

See you in 4 weeks in NH!

All the Best,

Kevin Sweeney
VP, Business Development
The Robin Hood Rally
www.robinhoodrally.com
Old 09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
needtoknowbasis
2nd Gear

Default Robin Hood Scam....

Originally Posted by needtoknowbasis
I have 100% confirmation that Robinhood rally is a scam. I feel bad for the contestants
I hate to say i told you so.....
Hi All,

I may be the only one but I do not believe so. I think we have been conned and the con is continuing. Here are some of the points of interest/concern;

1) We received a postcard and followed through with the instructions according to the literature. We were induced into signing up and paying $5K for racing on closed public roads and being in a reality TV show to air on a major network.

2) We show up in Berlin NH and there is not any type of public road. In fact, it is an abandoned Superfund site and a road to a landfill meant for drainage and trucks. It becomes painfully obvious that the "course" is set up for failure and for TV. One participant in particular had to be airlifted after a major collision. At the hotel in the evening a local tow truck driver shows up with a bat and a pickup truck full of locals with bats hiding in the darkness startvdemanding payment for the workers that was promised but had not materialized.

3) There are many major crashes and that is the only time we see the TV cameras in our faces. When there is a disaster. When we complete without incident, the TV cameras are nowhere to be seen.

4) We show up in Tuxedo, NY and the road is changed at the last possible moment. It becomes painfully obvious that the road should not be classified as a road. The alleged "safety" improvements involve some of the smallest hay bales one has ever seen in front of large objects that cannot be moved. Not surprisingly, the 1st car crashed and rolled over injuring the driver. Then, later in the day, the disastrous events with the Corvette and BMW that was captured on video occured.

5) We get an email "postponing" the Rally due to the upcoming birth of Stephan's child. Really? See you in Pennsylvania is also mentioned.

6) We get an email summoning us to a meeting in NJ or to call in to discuss "safety". The meeting basically sidesteps the safety issue and the meeting turns into a discussion about Tuxedo and the 4.5 days along with disclosures about some of the participant "investors" that also know Baumgartner Rd in Tuxedo. There also was an announcement about potential groups to invest in the project. Also, the "mystery formula" that Frank Markus conjured up was to be discussed. Oh, and the revelation that the "awards" are used cars but the knives are new. Stephan stated he never said the awards were new.

7) We find out that the Versus channel time slot was purchased not picked up. Pay to play is like local cable public access programming if you have to pay for it to air.

8) We receive an email last week (9/17) regarding an article in a newspaper that points out the Town of Tuxedo received a bad check for $25,000 after waiting an inordinate amount of time and there were numerous unpaid bills to crews and workers.. The Town Supervisor, Michael Noval and Stephan were interviewed for the article. The Tuxedo supervisor related that there was a $75,000 check due and had to clear by 9/27/2010 in order for the RHR event to proceed on 9/29. Michael Noval certainly did not hold back regarding his feelings and lack of payment. Stephan told the reporter that "he believed he could make that deadline imposed by the Tuxedo town Supervisor" Sounds like no money there. Stephan sends a quick email stating the reporter did not check her facts. Really? Lets see, she interviewed Noval, Stephan and the Tuxedo Supervisor. What did she miss?

9) Another part of that 9/17 email response, Stephan had the following statement: I want to give you my 100% assurance that we will be in Tuxedo, NY on September 29th-October 3rd completing the last four races for RHR. The 100% assurance obviously carries no value. Obviously he must not be talking about 2010.

10) Today, 9/22, we receive an email allegedly "postponing" the RHR until 2011. The reasons given were 2 potential suitors with incredible prime time credentials want to acquire RHR and Autosports so the event must be postponed. Really? Let me get this straight... Someone wants to buy your company and you stop working? How does that work? So if you are selling your company and someone shows interest, you shut down your business? I do not get it.

11) Are these the same suitors mentioned at the NJ meeting?

12) Doesn't the timing seem a little suspect? 5 days before the due date given by Tuxedo? 5 days before the $75K check has to clear?

13) Read between the lines, we have been had. No TV show, no runs, no closed public roads, we are out $$ over and beyond the $5K laid out. The inducement used to get us to sign up has not shaped up in any way. The email states participants in good standing will be brought back. What does good standing mean? He has already "collected" well north of $250K from the "participants" (If that is not good standing then what is? Would $500K make it excellent standing?) Later in the email, it states we will all get a "shot" for next year. What does that mean? In the beginning of the 9/22 email, we are "grandfathered" in, later in the same email, "Participants in Good Standing" will be brought back and towards the end of the email, it states we will all get a "shot" for next year. What does that mean? Don't all these terms contradict each other?

14) Now the texting "contest" to win a chance to drive a Ferrari. Another ploy for money that will not be realized?

15) I could go on and I am sure that many of you not only share the same concerns but have your own perspectives on this. Are we going public, taking legal action, mobilize a class action suit for fraud, etc. or just tuck our tails and slink away? Maybe going public will take away the "Good Standing"

Participant in Good Standing (so far)
Old 10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Supposed to be on Versus:

http://www.versus.com/the-robin-hood...i/2/#/item/23/
Old 10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Why reschedule? They have the film right? Sounds weird.

Quick Reply: The Robin Hood Rally