Sponsored by:

The Robin Hood Rally

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
nateweiss
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEEDtoKNOW was right

Looks like NeedtoKnow was right. I almost joined the Robin Hood Rally. I DID give Stephan $ for a membership in the yet-to-be-built Club Motorsports complex in New Hampshire, which is delayed more than five years (but Stephan is no longer involved).
Old 12-09-2010, 03:55 PM
speedbump2
Racer

I too, received post cards, emails urging me to join up with the merry men of RHR.
I even got a phone call from Stephen when I questioned the integrity of charging the participants in an email exchange we had.

I'm glad I never got involved.

Did this ever air, or is it in some kind of limbo?(or 'hiatus' in tv-speak)

--Chuck--
Old 01-08-2011, 11:32 AM
FireballRun
2nd Gear

Default My 2 cents...

Hello everyone... I am not one much to forum (A.D.D. cant stick with it).

I am the Producer of the FIREBALL RUN Adventurally. I was burning time this morning and figured I'd Google other rally’s... we knew about Robin Hood Rally as well... we too were surprised an unknown event could land on TV- but alas... things like this do happen.

So I found my way to this forum and read ALL of your comments- at first I was thinking man these people are hard on this Robin Hood thing... as the producer of a national road rally series, I feel bad for other "organizers". It’s not easy to pull these things off folks- nor is it cheap. However as I read on I became more and more alarmed by this... trust me it’s hard enough to put a road adventure together, then you have shenanigans like this and it just make our life harder- and you all "entrants" harder on opportunities to participate in. I am really very sad to see all the negative posts on this event, sadder to discover they were true.

The major mistake Robin Rally "marketing gurus" made was to represent this as an NBC reality show... when it really was simply a rally- with a desire to be on TV. All rallies are not bad tho folks... and organizing them (depending on how they are organized) are not easy- and VERY VERY expensive. Depending on the experience they can go as high as 80k or as low as "just show up".

I'm not sure any of you know about Fireball Run which started in 2007; its part rally, part game, part race. Very unique with an effort to aid in the recovery of missing children. Our is $27k unless you are a business owner or executive- then it is $7,500. I’m not here to recruit teams or sell you- we don’t do that on forums... nor do we advertise directly (paid advertising/ direct mail etc). Honestly lol we tried that way in the beginning- did not work... lol everyone probably thought it was a scam lol... as I read your thread... now I can see why everyone is so jaded. No in the end we just keep running a fun event fans, participants, and the media likes.

PS I apologize for any poor grammar or spelling- I get the dyslexia when typing in forms sometimes... sorry about that.

Back to Robin Hood... after reading your posts and then being HORRIFIED by that local news video (man- there can be nothing worse than a negative news piece- that lives with you forever), again I can tell what they were doing- running a new road rally event with TV as a "hopefully". Had they just said it was a rally to enter and communicated hopefully a tv show... all that would have been avoided.

However one person in the forum mentioned "why would I have to pay to be in a TV show?" As a person in the world of motion picture/ television... it’s just a different business model. Many productions are pay for visibility. MOST of the shows you see on Speed and Discovery are paid programming by the producers/ advertisers- the size of market varies depending on how much you pay. This being said- the mistake made was implying that what was really paid local airing- was backed by NBC... no no no.

If you visit our web site you will notice we are headquartered at NBC/ Universal Studios, which we are, as many other productions. Nowhere will you see we are owned/ partnered/ or aired on NBC (maybe someday but currently we are happy with running a popular live event). We tout our headquarters as we should because it adds to our credibility (people just dont walk up and rent offices at Universal Studios), it took 9 months to pass the checks and balances of NBC, then Universal, than GE. They want to be sure you are a credible and REAL production either live or broadcast.

If you Google us you will find 100% positive news media on Fireball Run and our recovery effort. Here and there you may find a past participant for whatever reason was not happy... it sucks but you simply can’t please everyone. This being said about 98% of our participant’s love the experience and many keep coming back (based on the economy). If you need proof just join us on Facebook and ask our participants yourself.

Again Im not here to recruit or advertise Fireball Run, I only offer explanation because I know the regulars will notice I registered just now so I can comment.

As I said I registered because I wanted to chime in on this very long (months long) thread... and to say while I understand this Robin Hood thing did not pan out for many, please dont be too hard on other new to you events... I agree doing due diligence and if it’s a fraud call it a fraud and warn others. It’s just there are many very cool motoring events that really are run by good people... even though you may not know them- please offer them a fair shake.

More over to offer thanks… I was actually going to reach out to them (Robin Hood). I am considering getting the organizer owners of other road/ motoring events to form a safety counsel. Until your forum I thought they may have operated a good event- after reading your posts and then Googeled it- ouch… I was horrified. It’s pretty bad when even Grass Roots Motorsport can’t say nice things- basically they are supportive of almost everyone motorsports.

Well there’s my 2 cents worth… again thank you. Great form folks… I’ll tune back in when I can.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

FireballRun......

With all due respect.... lots of people of this forum were suspicious of this event from the beginning.......

There were a few gullible good guys that fell for it, but overall the majority thought it wasn't a great new idea......

I hope you didn't come here to solicit us with your program........
Old 01-10-2011, 07:31 AM
FireballRun
2nd Gear

DMD,

If you read my post I believe I am clear with my intent- and as stated; we don't solicit, because we don't need to. FBRA has a loyal and dedicated entry base.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe I'm naive, but I still have hope of this getting aired and having more events in 2011.

If not, it was a blast and I met a LOT of new friends. I had about 20 of them at my birthday party last weekend, and some special guests sitting in with my band.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Mike are you going to NAMM this week? I'll be there if you want to meet.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:38 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Wish I could make it to NAMM again but too busy. Also still protesting CA red light cameras by avoiding the state whenever possible. Have fun!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Mike, is that Peter Gabriel?

I hope you guys get aired after all the publicity (good and bad)

See you at LRP........
Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

That's Peter Gabrial's ex guitarist, Sid McGinnis. Sid also came to the RHRally event in Tuxedo, NY and the LRP PCA and vintage races. His son Mike runs a tuner shop (Innovative Tuning's) up near Buffalo and races a 4 cylinder Mustang Turbo that makes my GT3 cup seem slow.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 557 Posts

Mike - I think you need a couple of more guitar pedals.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:33 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
Wish I could make it to NAMM again but too busy. Also still protesting CA red light cameras by avoiding the state whenever possible. Have fun!
I'll be running around the Zildjian and Mapex booths trying to sell everything. LOL

If you make it down to Sebring we should put some intertainment together in the padock!

see ya!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Mike, where all the bitches at?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

> Mike - I think you need a couple of more guitar pedals.

Any idea where I can get some GOOD ones?

MikeDrums, we should try to make some noise together sometime... is that a Floyd reference in your avatar? received his medal in a dream

NO women are allowed at any guitar events. At least I never see any, it's even worse than a sports car race. But a bunch snuck in with men, they were all on the other side of the room I guess.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM
DPDISXR4Ti
Track Day

Found out on the 'net....

Dear Open Tryout Participant & Fans of the Robin Hood Rally:

The Robin Hood Rally has become the subject of a legal action, which we will vigorously defend. Unfortunately, until this legal action is resolved we must cease racing operations and the events planned for May 20-22nd and September 23rd-25th are canceled until further notice.

All of the individuals that recently signed up for the May event will receive an immediate and full refund of their payment and will be considered "first" on the list for future events. We will plan to offer anyone that completed a Participant profile first seating for the future events prior to public announcement. Thank you to all that signed up, we received over 400 applications in less than 2 weeks!

It is our expectation that we will clear this issue and be racing again soon!!

Please email me with any questions.

The Robin Hood Rally Team
rhr@robinhoodrally.com
www.robinhoodrally.com

Quick Reply: The Robin Hood Rally