Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist Iracing

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the server name? What cars are you running?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

He normally names it RLL (RennList League) and the car was Corvette C6R at Mosport. I missed it too...
Old 01-07-2010, 08:51 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Maybe someone can help me with some issues I've been having in iracing. First, my mic doesn't work in the sim. If I hit the PTT button, I get immediate screen stutter and the sim locks up. Everything seams to work fine when I disable the chat function. I've tried just about everything (disabling the onboard sound card in bios, updating all device drivers, playing with all the sound and mic configuration settings in the control panel, changing the configuration of the iracing app.ini file, and even engaging the suport staff at iracing). No one seams to be able to figure it out. Last night, during only the race (practice and qualifying were fine), the screen repeat rate was very very slow and the sluggish and made it impossible to drive (I had to give up halfway through the race). I'd llike to target where the problem is (sound card, video card, issues with vista, internet connection, or other). Specs: acer with dual amd 64 chipset, 2 GB RAM, brand new nvidia video adapter, new Creative x-treme gamer sound card, logitech 330 headset, comcast cable internet connection. I'd appreciate if anyone had a solution.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Have you mapped the PPT button to another button?

What if you map it to a key on the keyboard?

p.s. - how was the race? sorry I missed it.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Glen -

Did the problem occur before you added the SB card?
Have you tried a different PCI slot?
Have you tried w/o the sound card using onboard (Realtek?) sound?
Have you tried a std non-usb headset?

I used to see problems with shared interrupts with certain hardware, would need to know what your motherboard is but it's possible the slot you have the SB card in shares an interrupt with the video and is causing an issue. First thing I would do is try it with a standard analog headset (two 1/8" jacks). If NG then try w/o the sound card and enable the onboard sound (with latest drivers). If it's ok then decide if you need the SB card.. You can try the card in another slot (if you have another slot).
Old 01-07-2010, 08:02 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the suggestions Gary. I installed iRacing after upgading the card, and never really used the microphone before (or any type of gaming software for that matter). I went back and enabled the Realtek onboard sound and gave it a try... same problem. Very odd. I have a rep at iRacing that is going to connect remotely to my computer and see if they can fix it. Enabling chat seams to be the problem... without chat, the software works great. Turn on chat, and the software goes nuts without me even hitting PTT. At this point, I'm about to give up and just enjoy the sim without the benefit of contributing to the online banter.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Did you remove the SB card when you enabled the onboard chip? How about trying an old (non-usb) mic? I can't imagine it being a pure software issue but anything is possible. Wish you were closer, I know we could get past it..
Old 01-07-2010, 08:22 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a similar issue awhile back, when I pressed PTT my framerate would drop significantly. I just updated my sound drivers and all was well.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Did you remove the SB card when you enabled the onboard chip? How about trying an old (non-usb) mic? I can't imagine it being a pure software issue but anything is possible. Wish you were closer, I know we could get past it..
I did not remove the SB card... I'll give that a shot this weekend. Should I uninstall the SB drivers too? The headset has regular jacks (and an adapter for USB). I've tried both.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Just pull the card, the drivers won't load on reboot if there is no hardware. Then if it doesn't solve it you can put the card back in (and disable onboard again) and it should go right back to the way it was. Do you have a choice in what slot you put the SB card in? If so and you are putting it back, put it in a different slot.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Keith - Can you name next weeks track/car combo/date a bit earlier so we can try and get up to speed?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:35 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Keith - Can you name next weeks track/car combo/date a bit earlier so we can try and get up to speed?
+1...
Old 01-10-2010, 01:25 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

No joy on the suggestions. Removed the SB card (as well as my fax/modem card) and problem persisted with the realtek onboard sound. At this point, it's not really worth me pursuing further. I'll just have to focus on the driving and stay out of all the voice chatting/ribbing/joking.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:59 PM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This week’s race:

Track: Infineon Long
Car: Corvette C6R

Race is this Wednesday night.

Practice server open at 7:30
Qualifying at 8:30
Race starts at 9:00

All times EST.

Hosted session name: RRL at Infineon
Password: 944S2

Note that Sean Siff will be hosting this week’s race as I will be traveling to the UK and am unable to race.

Have fun!
Kevin
Old 01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin135
This week’s race:

Track: Infineon Long
Car: Corvette C6R

Race is this Wednesday night.

Practice server open at 7:30
Qualifying at 8:30
Race starts at 9:00

All times EST.

Hosted session name: RRL at Infineon
Password: 944S2

Note that Sean Siff will be hosting this week’s race as I will be traveling to the UK and am unable to race.

Have fun!
Kevin

That's a tough course in the C6R. If my last 30 minutes there have been any indication there will be lots of time to drink beer while I get towed back to the pits...

Quick Reply: Rennlist Iracing