Sponsored by:

Alonso to Ferrari -- Kimi back to McLaren

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Because Hobbs is right, as a matter of fact once upon a time he was paid to drive so I would take his opinion a little more important than some keyboard fantasies.

Fact : KR never ever had a bad team (yes even Sauber was not a bottomfeeder), the best equipment, plenty of dough, plenty of fanboys and a extremly favorable press, until his F car move washed up or never was teammates and what does he has to show ? A WDC by default.because a total noob lost his nerve..........where Massa had to play ball in the last race otherwise poor Kimi would have scored zero again. Plus he NEVER got a handle on Massa who grandpa MS parked like a stepchild.

Fact: he ain't bad but he ain't great or extraordinairy, he is somewhere in the middle and if in fact he is ending up at Mac it will be his final negative nail on his career and even he knows that if he tries WRC he will be a laughing stock......................

Ferrair is done. A win here and there but otherwise is going to be like in the 80/90's. The suits and the jagoff Montebuffoonolo in charge will sink the ship even more as witnessed over the last couple of years.
Todt/Brawn/MS/RB were a well oiled machine with a common goal, alliances like that are forged not too often.

Alonso can turn a steering wheel and has the abilities to put concrete input into set up and development , no doubt but his fragile ego will severely butt heads with the suits at Ferrari, that is going to be as certain as death and taxes.

LOL, its been done before, replay the Prost and to a extent the Mansell F car saga and you got yourself the Alonso saga.
Re: Hobbs. I don't subscribe to the notion that somone is always right because they have a microphone. Hobbs showers praise in part because LH is deserving and part because of nationalism. For the later I applaud him. Doesn't mean I have to agree with every thing he says.
In this case I believe Kimi is motivated (most but not all the time). He is not fiery like Latins. This can be interpreted as 'demotivated'. My experience with northern Europeans, though limited, has taught me a wan look does not mean the lights are on but nobody is home.

Just the facts, as you to state them, that Kimi has always been hired by top teams under cuts your conclusion that he is a mediocre driver. No disputing the Massa move but what was that worth 1 point? A critical point but Kimi earned all the rest straight up.

Ferrari is my favorite team, I hope they are not done but FA bring a whole lotta baggage. We'll see.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,561 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Ferrari is my favorite team, I hope they are not done but FA bring a whole lotta baggage. We'll see.
Ditto.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-01-2009, 11:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Oh how I pray that Schumacher could rehab the broken neck and be in the other Ferrari. To have him spank the ****** in the same car would be outstanding.
Haven't we already dealt with this ? twice ...
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...regardless the Spaniard is the best deal in F1 and he will deliver , that I'm certain of .
As much as I've never been a real Alonso fan, I have to say I think Wayne is going to be proven right on this one. Alonso is a pure winner - he may leave a lot of collateral damage and drama in his wake, but he is cold blooded in pursuit of victory. THAT is what Ferrari want him.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:54 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by amjf088
As much as I've never been a real Alonso fan, I have to say I think Wayne is going to be proven right on this one. Alonso is a pure winner - he may leave a lot of collateral damage and drama in his wake, but he is cold blooded in pursuit of victory. THAT is what Ferrari want him.
THAT and perhaps the large $$ that Santander brought to the table?
I can only imagine that was what Luca saw.

No, I'm sure that Ferrari would have signed Little Miss Sunshine even if she had NO sponsors...
Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

I feel a little sick to my stomach. Why bring this cheater to Ferrari?

He's only a so-so driver. Fark Fred and the horse he rode in on.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Fark Fred and the horse he rode in on.
He already farked the two horses he rode in on (McLaren and Renault). Let's just hope he doesn't fark the red horse.....
Old 10-02-2009, 02:57 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
He already farked the two horses he rode in on (McLaren and Renault). Let's just hope he doesn't fark the red horse.....
3rd time is a charm...
Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
3rd time is a charm...
You mean Fred may produce a pink "My Little Pony"?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
THAT and perhaps the large $$ that Santander brought to the table?
I can only imagine that was what Luca saw.

No, I'm sure that Ferrari would have signed Little Miss Sunshine even if she had NO sponsors...
Ferrari made a deal with Alonso to drive in 2011 but because of Santander and their money, they made it a year earlier.
Santander is basically paying both Kimi & Alonso's salaries next year. What recession?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I feel a little sick to my stomach. Why bring this cheater to Ferrari?

He's only a so-so driver. Fark Fred and the horse he rode in on.
Originally Posted by Ray S
Originally Posted by ltc
3rd time is a charm...
You mean Fred may produce a pink "My Little Pony"?
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2009, 03:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Ferrari made a deal with Alonso to drive in 2011 but because of Santander and their money, they made it a year earlier.
Santander is basically paying both Kimi & Alonso's salaries next year. What recession?
Finn they Fired KImi 1 yr early ........., get over it !

As a matter of fact Kimi's career is kinda looking like this .....................................
Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

An explanation -
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...ns-niki-lauda/
Mercedes Must Improve Simulations - Lauda

"But former triple World Champion Lauda thinks the real problem is the new era of reduced track testing and the alternate need to rely on computers and simulators...'The problem with Mercedes is the movement between their simulations and reality. Who is the best in this area wins, and they are McLaren and Red Bull.'"

The admittal of guilt -
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161452/...r_bullets.html
Brawn: No silver bullets

Ross Brawn has admitted that it is inevitable that sometimes anticipated steps forward can actually lead backwards in the search for performance in F1.

And a possible twist to the situation

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161541/...s_a_visit.html
Raikkonen return rumours intensify – as Haug pays a visit
"'The Iceman' initially hinted that his WRC adventure could be merely a sabbatical"

He even combed his hair for the photo. Must be serious...

Quick Reply: Alonso to Ferrari -- Kimi back to McLaren