Sponsored by:

Alonso to Ferrari -- Kimi back to McLaren

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fernando Alonso to Ferrari. Finally!

In spite of all the naysayers, he got what he wanted. Rant away now.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Fernando Alonso to Ferrari. Finally!

In spite of all the naysayers, he got what he wanted. Rant away now.

But for how long will Alonso be happy there? FA has shown to not be happy anywhere he has been.. with a team that loved him, with a team that was indifferent... now with a team that he wanted to go to. It's not even a matter of opinion at this point, its a fact that every team he has been with implodes because of his demands or needs.

As I told Alonso's #1 fan, there are no longer any excuses. He is with Ferrari with clear #1 driver status. Let's see what he can do to develope, drive and motivate the ENTIRE team to championships.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hypothetically speaking, there is another spin to this story....

Assume for the moment that Little Miss Sunshine is assuming that Felipe will NOT be able to return to 100% and ends up retiring next season after a comback attempt.

That would give her what she needs, Fisi as a teammate, no pressure from a teammate, clear # 1 status.

Either way, I won't be watching the Ferrari team...I'll still watch F1 simply because it's F1.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^ Don't leave us now Amigo, we need you more than ever. The enemy is within the gates and we need to repell her back to the her depths of hell from which she came
Old 09-30-2009, 03:22 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default ALONSO CONFIRMS THAT HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE AT FERRARI UNTIL 2011!!!

It appears Massa's injury forced Luca to act more quickly than first thought. If that wouldn't have happened, we would be sitting here chantising Wayne, yet again for being premature with his "Alonso to Ferrari" predictions. Anyway...

From F1technical.net

Very happy and very proud - Alonso
Fernando Alonso, just announced as the new official Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro driver, who will drive next to Felipe Massa as of the 2010 season, spoke to the official website of the Prancing Horse, Ferrari.com:

"I’m very happy and very proud to become a Ferrari driver. Driving a single-seater from the Prancing Horse is everybody’s dream in this sport and today I have the opportunity to make this dream come true. Above all I want to thank Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo, who really wanted this 3-year contract. We already had an agreement this summer starting in 2011, but then, the last days, the picture changed and we decided to anticipate my arrival in Maranello by one year.

"The years at Renault were fantastic: together we won four World Titles (two Drivers’ and as many Constructors’ Championships) until this day, 21 Grands Prix. I wish the team all the best and let’s hope we gain some good results in the last races this year.

"After this season I will put all my effort in the next season: I’m sure that, together with Felipe, we’ll offer Ferrari and the fans from all over the world some great satisfaction. I can’t wait to start working with my new team.”
Old 09-30-2009, 03:28 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Hypothetically speaking, there is another spin to this story....

Assume for the moment that Little Miss Sunshine is assuming that Felipe will NOT be able to return to 100% and ends up retiring next season after a comback attempt.

That would give her what she needs, Fisi as a teammate, no pressure from a teammate, clear # 1 status.

Thats what I was deliberating in another thread as to why Ferrari would make the move with Massa questionable. They obviously believe FA is that much better than KR...............not in my opinion.

I now hope KR does join McLaren and kicks butt.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Get ready for 3+ yrs of Ferrari dominance again!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
And there goes my support for Ferrari...

Good luck Luca, I hope you know what you've done.
With Alonso adding 5 more to his tally ... no problem ......

Originally Posted by Pete
It appears Luca is short sided as we've seen by his decision in favor of Kimi for MS. That earned him 1 WDC. Now he's bringing on a malcontent that is good when in the car, but doesn't know the meaning of "team". What a complete reversal from the days of Schumacher just 3 short years ago.

If I had to guess, the mechanics and engineers have a soft spot for Massa given his gut wrenching loss of a WDC last year by 1 point and his terrible freak accident this year.

God willing, if Massa is able to come back as fast as he was prior to Hungary, I suspect Alonso will have a difficult time handling Massas speed and will argue that the garage is favoring FM rather than him leading to a division in the ranks and clear lines drawn in the sand.

Save this post for later reference...
Massa , difficult for Alonso to handle , you really don't pay attn .....
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

But for how long will Alonso be happy there? FA has shown to not be happy anywhere he has been.. with a team that loved him, with a team that was indifferent... now with a team that he wanted to go to. It's not even a matter of opinion at this point, its a fact that every team he has been with implodes because of his demands or needs.

As I told Alonso's #1 fan, there are no longer any excuses. He is with Ferrari with clear #1 driver status. Let's see what he can do to develope, drive and motivate the ENTIRE team to championships.
So what is KR's excuse ? talent or lack thereof ..............
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

What pains me most about this is that I have to trade the Flying Finn, Petu with the loss of Kimi for A. Wayne as rooting partners. Talk about eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... Hopefully the team will survive their 60 year history after this decision...
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^^ Don't leave us now Amigo, we need you more than ever. The enemy is within the gates and we need to repell her back to the her depths of hell from which she came
Sorry, but I can't support Ferrari as long as Little Miss Sunshine is with the team.

On a happier note, I can now devote my time to getting Sato a ride in F1 again.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I remember that ******* Hobbs saying something like; "Kimi is such a demotivated driver (insinuating he's always that way). I don't know why." Right after showering LH with kudos. What an *******.

How does Kimi get out of bed in the morning to go to the track ($ excluded)? Ferrari gave up on the car and the season months ago, tossing Kimi out there to be fodder for the likes of Hobbs and his British side kick.

Anyway, Ferrari is my favorite team. I like FA but these antics leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,663 Likes on 857 Posts

There will be a scandal involving Teflonso within the first year.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-01-2009, 12:18 AM
DaveM993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
There will be a scandal involving Teflonso within the first year.
FTW
Old 10-01-2009, 03:45 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I remember that ******* Hobbs saying something like; "Kimi is such a demotivated driver (insinuating he's always that way). I don't know why." Right after showering LH with kudos. What an *******.

How does Kimi get out of bed in the morning to go to the track ($ excluded)? Ferrari gave up on the car and the season months ago, tossing Kimi out there to be fodder for the likes of Hobbs and his British side kick.

Anyway, Ferrari is my favorite team. I like FA but these antics leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Because Hobbs is right, as a matter of fact once upon a time he was paid to drive so I would take his opinion a little more important than some keyboard fantasies.

Fact : KR never ever had a bad team (yes even Sauber was not a bottomfeeder), the best equipment, plenty of dough, plenty of fanboys and a extremly favorable press, until his F car move washed up or never was teammates and what does he has to show ? A WDC by default.because a total noob lost his nerve..........where Massa had to play ball in the last race otherwise poor Kimi would have scored zero again. Plus he NEVER got a handle on Massa who grandpa MS parked like a stepchild.

Fact: he ain't bad but he ain't great or extraordinairy, he is somewhere in the middle and if in fact he is ending up at Mac it will be his final negative nail on his career and even he knows that if he tries WRC he will be a laughing stock......................

Ferrair is done. A win here and there but otherwise is going to be like in the 80/90's. The suits and the jagoff Montebuffoonolo in charge will sink the ship even more as witnessed over the last couple of years.
Todt/Brawn/MS/RB were a well oiled machine with a common goal, alliances like that are forged not too often.

Alonso can turn a steering wheel and has the abilities to put concrete input into set up and development , no doubt but his fragile ego will severely butt heads with the suits at Ferrari, that is going to be as certain as death and taxes.

LOL, its been done before, replay the Prost and to a extent the Mansell F car saga and you got yourself the Alonso saga.

Quick Reply: Alonso to Ferrari -- Kimi back to McLaren