Sponsored by:

Briatore Banned from FIA Competitions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:02 AM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Briatore Banned from FIA Competitions

It's official - Briatore has been banned from any involvement in any FIA sanctioned motorsports.

Symmonds is suspended for 5 years (ultimately - his career in FIA is over)

Piquet Jr is exempt as he gave testimony (ultimately - his career is over in F1 due to his turning on the team).

Renault can stay in F1 until 2011 - however that suspension will not be given if they stay on their best behavior. Meaning FIA doesn't want to lose Renault's big bucks.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...21143847.shtml
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Once again Little Miss Sunshine skates....

While Briatore has been banned from the sport indefinitely with Symonds handed a five year ban, Fernando Alonso "was not in any way involved in Renault F1’s breach of the regulations.” Nelson Piquet Jr was immune from sanctions after giving evidence to the FIA.

So having left McLaren in shambles, she will now (likely) leave Renault as a lame duck team in shambles on her way to Ferrari.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Hmmn, wonder what this means for Webber....he needs to find himself a new manager ASAP?
IIRC, Flav is also the manager for Little Miss Sunshine and Roman Grojean as well.

Furthermore, it does not intend to renew any Superlicence granted to any driver who is associated (through a management contract or otherwise) with Mr. Briatore,
Old 09-21-2009, 12:19 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 193 Posts

Renault gets a slap on the wrist as the F1 sideshow continues. It's just business as usual...
Old 09-21-2009, 12:32 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Hmmn, wonder what this means for Webber....he needs to find himself a new manager ASAP?
IIRC, Flav is also the manager for Little Miss Sunshine and Roman Grojean as well.

Furthermore, it does not intend to renew any Superlicence granted to any driver who is associated (through a management contract or otherwise) with Mr. Briatore,
Though I like LMS aka FA. There is a disturbing pattern where ever he goes. This should make Ferrari think twice or 3 times before inking a deal with him.

They have enjoyed relative calm in the paddock and on track for the last couple of years. Kimi and FM do their jobs well and w/o creating distracting drama.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,487 Likes on 787 Posts

As I have said, Fernanda Alonsettte has been at the center of the 2 most serious F1 scandals in modern tomes, and they have both happened in the last 3 yearsi

I would certainly HOPE this would give Ferrari pause.....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 PM
CT03911
Banned

No fine at all for a team that does this? Wow.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hypothetically speaking.......

I know some of you don't care for Alonso. I don't either. He's an *** clown. With that said, do you think Alonso helped to contrive this whole thing, or was simply 'ordered' as Piquet was?

Given what has transpired, I am rather shocked FA has not been implicated if he was in fact part of the scheme. Thoughts?

C.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can Ferrari make Alonso sign a 'No Scandal' clause into his contract?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Ferrari can win a WDC without Little Miss Sunshine.
I see little upside in bringing her to the team, but I see a lot of downside potential.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chads996
With that said, do you think Alonso helped to contrive this whole thing, or was simply 'ordered' as Piquet was?
I'd guess that Flav and Symmonds were under big pressure from two sides

1) Pressure from Renault for results to justify such a huge expense in a bad world market for cars
2) Pressure from Alonso to win, or else he would bail again for greener pasture at the first opportunity.

I doubt the crash idea was Alonso's, but I also doubt that he was not aware of the plan. Why else would he and his engineer ever agree to such a backward fuel strategy?

The funny, (or sad part) is that FA really does not seem to care about the team in spite of the fact that his two WDC's came from Renault. He has in them a team that seemingly adores him and will make every effort for him to win, but all he can think about is dumping them to go to McLaren or Ferrari.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,487 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by ew928
Can Ferrari make Alonso sign a 'No Scandal' clause into his contract?
You can't legislate morality or integrity.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 09-21-2009, 01:26 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
The funny, (or sad part) is that FA really does not seem to care about the team in spite of the fact that his two WDC's came from Renault. He has in them a team that seemingly adores him and will make every effort for him to win, but all he can think about is dumping them to go to McLaren or Ferrari.
This, I believe, is the fundamental reason he wont work at Ferrari despite how well he may race the car. He wont fit into the family.

Ferraris dillema as discussed is the Massa unknown............if he can't make it back to F1 (I hope he does) then the teams options are limited.

If Massa doesn't come back and KR moves on then what? sign FA and keep Fisi as the 2nd driver?

IMHO Ferrari should ignore FA, keep KR around for at least next year and give Massa as long as he needs to hopefully make a full comeback.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:42 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

It's Ferrari.
If they were in the '2 open seats, no waiting' position next year, how many drivers do you think would "get out of their contract"....

IIRC, Button did something similar (Williams to Honda), Little Miss Sunshine was a bit more "direct" in "leaving" McLaren for Renault, and we know that Fisi always told people that no matter who I am driving for, if Maranello calls, I'm gone.

It IS Ferrari, the team that CAN dominate F1 like no other, assuming they get their internal affairs in order...what driver would not want to take a shot at that?

In the short term, Kubica is a viable option at the moment.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:10 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

yes, but....................would Ferrari want them?

The devil you know is perhaps the best strategy.............the FA bagage requires to many 'porters'.

I do agree that RK is viable option should he leave Sauber depending what engines they run for 2010.

As for the intial topic of this thread; FB got what he deserved although you gotta believe he must have considered that NPjr would have ratted him out when he was fired. Life will now be very tough for him.............not.

Quick Reply: Briatore Banned from FIA Competitions