FIA investigating deliberate crash to promote Alonso to race win

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Not really, that race was pretty tight quarters, all you have to do is exit too wide and hit the wall, the car will stick to the wall and you'll leave debris all over the track, and hello safety car.

From the video posted it looked like IF in fact Piquet was trying to crash that's what he was trying to do and actually missed spinning all the way around to the inside wall, which would be hilarious if he actually missed a wall he was TRYING to crash into. I can't believe anyone would voluntarily slide all the way across track into a wall like he did and risk that kind of injury. He either missed the outside wall, or it's a lie IMO.
PK was told to hit wall A and he missed and hit wall B , no wonder flav wanted to get rid of him

Nelson missed on this one , he should have him drop the Jr and go by an alias.......
Old 08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
944meister
Pro

practicing the crash during warmup lap? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feXvq...layer_embedded

Last edited by 944meister; 09-01-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

[QUOTE=A.Wayne;6862097]Where did you get this from , the enquirer ...... /QUOTE]

First reactions are always denial, followed by excuses.... I'm waiting for those to defend Mr. Golden Shoes....

Ecclestone worries for Renault departure
01 September 2009

Formula One commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone has admitted that he is apprehensive over the future of the Renault team in Formula One. The French marque is currently under scrutiny from governing body the FIA for claims that Nelson Piquet was instructed to crash in Singapore last year, handing victory to his team-mate.

Bernie Ecclestone, F1 commercial rights holder
News in the Spa paddock of the FIA's probe came on Sunday night when then Paris-based federation announced that it was looking into one of last year's Grands Prix, strongly suspected to be Singapore, and an incident that saw a deliberate crash in order to aid the team; Piquet's shunt during the race saw the appearance of the safety car which, as leaders pitted, handed the top spot and eventual victory to Fernando Alonso.

"This is not the sort of thing we need at the moment," Ecclestone told The Times, as the Formula One Management (FOM) owner worries for Renault's future after the manufacturer exits of Honda in December and BMW at the end of this season. "I think it will p*** off Renault for a start. Them leaving the sport is a danger, obviously. I mean, I hope that it isn't like that, but it's the sort of thing that might happen."

"Flavio is insisting that he knows nothing," says Ecclestone
Ecclestone added that the investigation, which was first triggered by reports on Brazilian television channel Globo, could have been started by the ousted Nelson Piquet Junior although the F1 supremo is unsure. "What I know, I can't say, to be honest with you," he continued. "All I know is that Flavio (Briatore, Renault Managing Director) is insisting that he knows nothing about it. I think the FIA are looking into everything, they are trying to find out the reality; I suppose they would be upset if they found out that what people are assuming is true, is in fact true, I suppose.

Ecclestone wonders whether the situation could simply have been triggered by a frustrated Piquet
"The only way you could say there is a case to answer is if there is any real evidence. If it's just young Piquet saying this because he wants to say it, that's one thing. If, on the other hand, there's some reality to it, then it's all different. It will be difficult to prove. If there is something on the (team) radio that said, 'Err, Nelson, you'd better crash now,' then what the hell can they do? It depends exactly what comes out of the investigation."

Despite remaining hesitant over the issue, Ecclestone does believe that Piquet, who was replaced by Romain Grosjean from the European Grand Prix onwards, is likely to suffer ramifications of his own. "You can safely say that he's sort of in trouble now," Ecclestone added. "You'd have to wonder what next, wouldn't you?"
Old 09-01-2009, 09:59 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by schwank

Secondly, Piquet is a weenie who is showing his stripes by whining like a little baby now that he is out. Surely no one would ever give him the time of day again now that he has demonstrated his vindictive, childlike tendencies.
You know, if you replace the word 'Piquet' with 'Alonso' and think back to her days at McLaren....oh, never mind....after all, Alonso is a 2x WDC so I'm sure she is completely above any sort of behavior such as this.

I would expect a public announcement from Alonso regarding this statement as soon as she is gone from the Renault team...
Old 09-01-2009, 10:56 AM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

isnt he shooting himself in the foot by ratting on an old team, who want to hire him knowing if he leaves all of their secrets are gone also.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

"All I know is that Flavio (Briatore, Renault Managing Director) is insisting that he knows nothing about it."

Knows nothing about it? Wouldn't you say if asked; "Instruct a team driver to intentionally crash?? Don't be an . . ."
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2009, 11:43 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH^^^^^^

no

^^^^ BWHAHAHAHAHAH^^^^
Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

THEORY:
Instruct driver to purposely crash, killing an expensive car and possibly injuring the driver- and other cars and drivers so that another team driver can win the race and move up to 7th in the Drovers' Championship and still be arithmetically out of the hunt and move Renault up to 4th in the Manufacturers' Championship and still likewise have no chance at the top prize.

SUB THEORY:
With a diversion needed, coerce another team's drover who started on pole and was 1 point out of the drivers' lead (F. Massa) to prematurely leave the pit box with his fuel hose still attached and thereby dropping to last place.

I like it- I like a lot.
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You'd have to be a heck of an engineer to construct a scenario like that...
Old 09-01-2009, 02:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Flav does not have to instruct PK to crash , he just has to wait ..........
Old 09-01-2009, 02:50 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

:
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Massa suspicious of Piquet's Singapore crash from the start
It seems that there is more and more information coming out regarding the suspicious crash involving Nelson Piquet Jr. at the Singapore GP last season, where the said incident brought out the safety car and gave teammate Fernando Alonso the possibility to win the race. Now it turns out that Felipe Massa questioned the accident right away, to the point of confronting Renault team boss Flavio Briatore about it.

As commentator for Brazil's 'TV Globo', Reginaldo Leme said, "He crashed in a very strange way. It struck me when I was talking recently with Felipe Massa.

"Felipe had gone to Briatore and said, 'This crash was not right, it happened because you wanted it to'."

The FIA is currently investigating Piquet's accident as to determine if it was truly deliberate or not.
Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 AM
wanna911
Race Car

So personal hygiene does not give a better chance of getting on the podium then. Is that a wee in the seat moment? Either that or someone popped a cork aimed straight at his goods.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:55 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
So personal hygiene does not give a better chance of getting on the podium then.
Wasn't that a poll question a week ago?
Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Pete
Wasn't that a poll question a week ago?

That was the reason behind the question.

-We have exhibit A, Alonso on the podium with a clear lack of personal hygiene.

-However the insinuating circumstances behind Piquet's crash could mean that you have to cheat in order to get on the podium if you have bad hygiene.

Poll question solved.

Quick Reply: FIA investigating deliberate crash to promote Alonso to race win