Sponsored by:

Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by John H
Bumpy out there wasn't it. I had a guy driving down the middle of the straight between 9 and 10 decide at the last minute to swing left to turn right on my first hot qualifying lap. Went from #1 on the grid for qualifying to #8 on the grid for the race.
Probably the same guy! Yeah, it's incredibly bumpy out there and I'm sure it had a bad effect on my suspension. Also, one of my wheel bearings started failing, and I'm sure that it was due to the off road excursion.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Brian,
You're right. Looking at the video, it was Doug's car that was making the oil cloud in T6. You two were pretty much glued together for the first part of the race! Nice driving, and great lap times in F!

I'll get some video up later today, hopefully.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Tony,
How come you're not gonna run with us at Nationals this weekend?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Hey Brian,
You're right. Looking at the video, it was Doug's car that was making the oil cloud in T6. You two were pretty much glued together for the first part of the race! Nice driving, and great lap times in F!

I'll get some video up later today, hopefully.
I think I was the white 993 right in front of you in the first sprint. Can't wait to see the video
Old 10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Frank,
I'd love to be running at VIR, but too much going on here to break free two weekends in a row!
Dave D dropped by at the Summit Race, and was working me hard on the same issue :-)
Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Why would you pick SP over VIR Nationals?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 PM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John H
Bumpy out there wasn't it. I had a guy driving down the middle of the straight between 9 and 10 decide at the last minute to swing left to turn right on my first hot qualifying lap. Went from #1 on the grid for qualifying to #8 on the grid for the race.
being right behind you on grid, i've got the video of that. the other car was so far right going under the bridge, i actually thought he was going to pit.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoyed my second rookie race. I believe that I may have had the honor of being the longest standing rookie in CR history.

It was very nice to meet everyone. I had a great time. Congratulations to all the podium finishers.

Best,
Sam
Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 146 Posts

}{:
I think we both heated up our tires. Mine started getting a little greasy as well so I think we both had a good workout. It was great having a good turnout in F class. Brian P and Doug were kicking butt in their Boxsters. Maybe they will move to G

I suspect some worn syncros have something to do with it. Dumping the gear oil this week to see how it looks. It was great fun, we had some good side by side racing through several corners in both sprints, if I remember correctly. Strange thing is, after a I think two laps, second gear decided to get with the program. I guess I started matching revs better. Who knows. I drove the car home from the track on Sunday (tow vehicle blew the radiator earlier in the week) and second worked fine. Look forward to racing with you again in the future.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Check your CV and Halfshaft connections.
Or something like that....
Old 10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Hey Brian,
Thanks, I was glued to his bumper until the oil cloud and then I backed out of it and started getting ready for emergency maneuvers. Once I realized what was happening, he had a good size lead on me.

I got by him after he missed a shift, locked up the rear tires and spun. Unfortunately, my car started overheating so I had to short shift down the front straight to help cool it off.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

thanks mark, my sentiment's exactly the same

(esp. ab those chixsters!)
Old 10-06-2009, 05:06 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brian P
Unfortunately, my car started overheating so I had to short shift down the front straight to help cool it off.
I don't see a 3rd radiator in the mod list.

Great looking Boxster! Is this a GTS3 car in NASA?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CornerCarver
I don't see a 3rd radiator in the mod list.

Great looking Boxster! Is this a GTS3 car in NASA?
It comes with 3 radiators as standard equipment. I think the big one in the center is quite clogged from following people too closely who like to run over curbs and throw up a bunch of dirt.

I believe I would run in GTS3 with NASA. I think the HP/Weight would also allow me to run with non-DOT tires.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Brain P and APKhaos, I was right between you two. And yes, I lifted too because I thought there was going to be a big puddle of oil in turn 6.

Brian, I had a heck of a time getting by you. We traded spots several times in turn 1. I was having gearbox difficulties and would get 2nd gear eventually but in the meantime lost whatever momentum one can carry through that turn. It was quite a work out. Good racing with you!

Quick Reply: Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04