Sponsored by:

Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by John H
Brain P and APKhaos, I was right between you two. And yes, I lifted too because I thought there was going to be a big puddle of oil in turn 6.

Brian, I had a heck of a time getting by you. We traded spots several times in turn 1. I was having gearbox difficulties and would get 2nd gear eventually but in the meantime lost whatever momentum one can carry through that turn. It was quite a work out. Good racing with you!
Doh - I wasn't placing the avatar with the screen name. Yes, great racing with you, and I meant to stop by and say hi. I was trying to fend you off for a while and when the car started overheating, I had to give it up. I gave you the point-by once into 1, and with your gearbox difficulties, I had to do the over/under pass coming out of two. Fun times indeed!

You definitely impressed a lot of us with setting some very fast laps on your first time to Summit Point!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks. It was weird that I had problems with 2nd in 1 and no where else. I did start getting some grinding going into 4th though. That was another reason I did not do the enduro. I have found it is usually cheaper to fix things before you completely destroy them.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

According to http://www.rennpoints.com, 14 class records fell this past weekend. I guess the track wasn't all that bad...
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was only sorting a car in DE and not racing. The track has been far worse in the past. T1 had a clean (enough) line as did T5 and T6. That said one line through a corner does little good in racing.
I did note that one racer that ended up with hub issues looked like he was hooking up and over the curb and into the pothole behind it in T1 rather often.

The weather might have played a role in the records. Cool dry air and lots of sun to heat the track surface makes for better HP and grip. I know I found a bit more grip and HP than in the past.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Bull993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian P
According to http://www.rennpoints.com, 14 class records fell this past weekend. I guess the track wasn't all that bad...
Right on Brian. It is hard to look past that many records without doubt. For all the complaining about the track (which some is warranted), many people were still finding a way to up their game.

Thanks for the heads up on this Brian. I wasn't aware that I set a new track record in GT4S with a 1:18.183... nice I'l take it.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:31 PM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

i didn't know about the rennpoints site. pretty cool. anybody know how to contact the admin? I was curious if the keep a record of past class records. Just curious who had records before and how long they stood. Would be another interesting thing to track IMO.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LPM911
i didn't know about the rennpoints site. pretty cool. anybody know how to contact the admin? I was curious if the keep a record of past class records. Just curious who had records before and how long they stood. Would be another interesting thing to track IMO.
I put the site together, so send me a PM if you need to contact the admin

The records for most of the stock classes go back to 2004, and if PCA ever republishes the old results, I'll get them as far back as I can.

BTW, the site does provide a way of seeing old records and for how long they stood. Select both a track and a class, and it will show you the history of that class record. Here's an example: E class record at Watkins Glen
Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 PM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

I put the site together, so send me a PM if you need to contact the admin

The records for most of the stock classes go back to 2004, and if PCA ever republishes the old results, I'll get them as far back as I can.

BTW, the site does provide a way of seeing old records and for how long they stood. Select both a track and a class, and it will show you the history of that class record. Here's an example: E class record at Watkins Glen
Cool! As usual, its was user error (or rather lack of understanding). Choosing the class and track showed me exactly what I wanted to see, which was what I was going to contact the admin about. Thanks for putting that together, it is very cool.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian, Thanks for putting that site together, very nicely done.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Now that is a very cool website!! Thanks for putting it up. Very cool!!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

+1 on the rennpoints website brian! just checked it out. never knew about it before.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,
I think Louis Bestadt still holds the F class record at SP. Timmy Tyrell's car was DQ'd and reclassified a G class, so his quali time should not represent a new record time.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Brian,
I think Louis Bestadt still holds the F class record at SP. Timmy Tyrell's car was DQ'd and reclassified a G class, so his quali time should not represent a new record time.
Actually, Doug DePietro would have it now with a 1:23.705. I'll make a modification to the site to disregard these types of records.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Brian,
Actually, Doug DePietro would have it now with a 1:23.705. I'll make a modification to the site to disregard these types of records.
so i was thinking (i know, dangerous of me )and i had a question about that. i think timmy's lap record was set during quali. he didn't get DQ'd until race 1. so wouldn't the record stand? i would think that the time would only be voided if it occurred during the event the person was DQ'd. there really isn't a way to prove that he was underweight for quali at this point.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Holy Toledo.........

Doug now has track records at both T-bolt and Summit Point........

Quick Reply: Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04