Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009 | 11:37 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
We will Doug. Paolo is bailing today so we will be packing up later on this morning. Wasn't sure if you or the silver S were RL'sters. His car is a Deman also no? Nice driving!
Ouch, I'm hurt. I thought you knew who I was (silver S) - Paolo certainly does. Next time you are at a race, stop by and say hi.

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Both Boxsters in F were silly quick. I was running third behind then both, but depite trying everything I had the gap they made at the start remained constant, despite the silver car spewing a lot of oil smoke in T6 every lap. Doug in the red Boxster had a bobble, which I got me by him for P2 in class. A couple of laps later he was all up in my mirrors and got by, dammit. That car is impressive! Great racing with them. From what I saw, the Chickster S is going to be tough to beat in F.
You sure it was me spewing smoke in T6? I know that Doug was spewing it every lap in 6, but whenever I checked my rear view in that turn, it was clear.

Doug is a great driver, and as he gains more experience, he's going to be mighty tough to beat!
Old 10-04-2009 | 11:43 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian P
Ouch, I'm hurt. I thought you knew who I was (silver S) - Paolo certainly does. Next time you are at a race, stop by and say hi.

You sure it was me spewing smoke in T6? I know that Doug was spewing it every lap in 6, but whenever I checked my rear view in that turn, it was clear.

Doug is a great driver, and as he gains more experience, he's going to be mighty tough to beat!
Sorry Brian, I had in my head your car looked like the one in your avatar! I walked by you about 20 times! Next time! There are some great pics of your "Demanmobile", use one of them! Nice job out there, I was extremely jealous watching from the roof of the tower...
Old 10-04-2009 | 11:44 PM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Thanks, Gary. Actually, I did a 1:23.7! But Lane Martin did a 1:23.6 . . . He drove extremely well and gave me a hard time.
i had a great time running with you mark!!!

Originally Posted by dougdep
I am the guy in the red boxster F class. Thanks to the team at Deman Motorsport this car was built and set up fantastically! Come over and say hi

doug
Doug, it was nice to meet you. You guys in the boxsters were really throwing down some great lap times!

Originally Posted by John H
Turn 1 is no worse than most of Sebring.

Congrats to Mark and Lane for excellent droving this weekend. I had a great time racing mostly out of class since Mark and Lane were no where to be seen.

Also, nice to put faces with some names.
Thanks John! I agree, its great to finally meet some people from here in person. Can't wait to run out there with you again.
Old 10-05-2009 | 12:00 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kurt M
Nice driving today.
Thanks Kurt, sorry I didn't have a chance to meet you......

Originally Posted by Streak
What a weekend!

Paolo you should have stayed! Lots of DNF's in the enduro.
Hunt, congrats on your podium in E, well done........

Sorry about your axle, maybe you should have skipped todays races like I did.....

See you and Scott at LRP next year......

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Good meeting you Gary and Paulo. See you next season.
Good meeting you too.....

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore

Paolo, you signed up and paid for the enduro but booked out of there; what gives? (Must resist estrogen patch joke.)
Mark congrats on your podiums.....

90 minutes enduro on the present track conditions would have been a disaster on my car, as it turned out for a lot of them.......

I loved the lay out of the track, the people, the BBQ, but if Summit Point remains in the same conditions next year it would not justify the long trip from Boston.....

I hope to see you at Lime Rock in the spring.......

Great races Brian!

You and Doug really put a show out there in the F class!

See you next April, (hopefully I will be 100lbs lighter )
Old 10-05-2009 | 12:00 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Sorry Brian, I had in my head your car looked like the one in your avatar! I walked by you about 20 times! Next time! There are some great pics of your "Demanmobile", use one of them! Nice job out there, I was extremely jealous watching from the roof of the tower...
Ok. Now maybe you'll recognize me! Did you get to see any of today's action?
Old 10-05-2009 | 12:08 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Mike, thank you very much for your fabulous pics and my new avatar.......
Old 10-05-2009 | 01:47 AM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, look at Lawson in the enduro!!

Interesting mix of car to say the least . . .
Old 10-05-2009 | 07:50 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Looks like a couple of you liked some of the pics I posted, enough to make them new avatars! That's pretty cool!
Old 10-05-2009 | 08:41 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Well for my Rookie race this was an absolute blast, first day went well and got up to 4th in E on the second sprint but had some not soo good starts, ended up almost plowing into someone and decided to head for the sand trap in 1, made it through after some liberal throttle and got back on track to 7th out of 9 in E i think then slowly dropped my lap times down to my personal best on the second day, where i was able to grab 3rd from hunt early on, MUHAHAH... Enduro went fair at best, had a cracked rotor(rookies dont bring spare parts) in the early race that didnt get replaced until about ten minutes into enduro so i was already several laps down, then went out and spun in excellent fashion in T9 without hitting anything and winding up facing the right direction (tire pressures go up alot more in an enduro who woulda thought), then got black flagged for a short pit stop... and after all this hunt and scott were nice enough to give me third with they misfortune's, So ill take it any way i can.

Love the pics from earlier ill be saving that to my wallpaper.

the combined enduro was a pleasure to watch i just hope the batter lasted long enough on the camera to catch most of the race and my spin, which ill post if i have it.

was good meeting some for the first time and the rest to finally race with. You will definately see me out at more events.
Old 10-05-2009 | 09:31 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimbo951
I'm broken stub axle #3.

Going into T10 of the last lap of the 2nd sprint race on Saturday, the pedal went very soft. I had no warning of overheating brakes.

This morning I was tightening the CV joint bolts (they were also working loose) and I realized the left-rear wheel was very loose so I DNS'd myself for the day. Later I realized the stub axle had broken.

I believe the soft brake issue was caused when the wheel is wobbling arround, it pushes the pads back into the caliper. Then when you apply brakes, you first need to re-extend the pads and then you get braking.

Oh, the only thing holding on the wheel is the brake caliper.

- Jim, #177
Jim, that is exactly what was happening. Scary stuff!
Old 10-05-2009 | 09:53 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Great weekend all in all. My plans of putting faces to screen names never played out. I saw a good number of you all but folks seemed to be busy getting ready when I was not and I was busy doing the sex with your pants on DE thing sorting next years car out when the racer folks were not.

Summit point track works hard and gets little down time. They seem to get things almost right from time to time. WG is polished marble in comparison. We locals gripe and moan but show up anyway and figure the clean lines through the grumpy parts. Looking past the rustic conditions of the facility and abundant wildlife I think the track layout is great for racing. A good shake of fast and slow corners and some goos elevation changes too.

Checking the tightness of the hub nut is not a complete way to test a stub axel or flange. They have to be removed and crack tested. The nut will torque just fine right up to the point when the flange or stub snaps. They live a hard life and are still original parts on many older cars.
Old 10-05-2009 | 10:03 AM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Der ABT
then got black flagged for a short pit stop...
I thought I saw your number on the board. What was the black flag for?
Old 10-05-2009 | 10:32 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Ok. Now maybe you'll recognize me! Did you get to see any of today's action?
When we got there you guys were lined up for qualifying so we packed up and watched from the T7-9 grandstands. Paolo had put on the wrong patch (estrogen vs. nicotine per Mark L.... ) so we got a jump on Sunday traffic. I will say there was a lot of "Boxster talk" on the ride home. Well done to you and all...
Old 10-05-2009 | 10:37 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VaSteve
I thought I saw your number on the board. What was the black flag for?
black flag was for a stop and go due to the short pitstop, which must of been a second short as i left the pit (the beg of pit wall) at like 4:55 from the time i stopped the car, either that or the stop watch clicks too fast, damn digital things..haha yet no one else had a problem from our crew.
Old 10-05-2009 | 10:45 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

A Big Thanks to Gary R. for being my crew chief at Summit......

Gary as you know, my lap times kept on coming down as you slowly divulged some of the "D boy's" racecrafts secrets............

If the 100lbs loss doesn't pass next season, I might be looking very seriously at those Demans Boxster S.......

Quick Reply: Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04