Sponsored by:

Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:05 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John H
Brain P and APKhaos, I was right between you two. And yes, I lifted too because I thought there was going to be a big puddle of oil in turn 6.
Hey John,
Yep, it was a bit nervous making to see that great oil cloud, but good that nobody actually broke despite the smoke!
BTW, I think you owe me a beer for leaving the door open for you at the start of that race
Great racing with you, and I'm sorry we didn't actually meet up. Next time, OK?

Brian,
Yep, that would be right given Doug's time. Despite trying to give Louis his record back, it now belongs to Doug - CONGRATS!

Lane,
Charlie M told me all about it Saturday night, and he was completely stright about having made a weight error when settign up the car for the race. They run that car is NASA/HSR/and maybe even SCCA, so they just had the wrong weight. I don't think Charlie or Timmie would be claiming that time as a F car.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LPM911
so i was thinking (i know, dangerous of me )and i had a question about that. i think timmy's lap record was set during quali. he didn't get DQ'd until race 1. so wouldn't the record stand? i would think that the time would only be voided if it occurred during the event the person was DQ'd. there really isn't a way to prove that he was underweight for quali at this point.
That is how the records are currently calculated. Fortunately, it doesn't often make a difference, but when it does, it certainly leaves it open for debate on who really should have the record.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Lane,
Charlie M told me all about it Saturday night, and he was completely stright about having made a weight error when settign up the car for the race. They run that car is NASA/HSR/and maybe even SCCA, so they just had the wrong weight. I don't think Charlie or Timmie would be claiming that time as a F car.
I know Charlie, and I know he's a good guy. I have to give Timmy his due credit though. To start in the back of the pack for Race 2, after being DQ'd in Race 1, and make it to the front for the overall victory... well thats just damn fantastic driving. Not sure if he hangs out on here, but that was good stuff. I still wish I'd been able to hold him off for just one (or two) more laps though...

Originally Posted by Brian P
That is how the records are currently calculated. Fortunately, it doesn't often make a difference, but when it does, it certainly leaves it open for debate on who really should have the record.
yeah, its a tricky situation. its things like that which probably mess up the automation behind the updating process you have set up.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

I know Charlie, and I know he's a good guy. I have to give Timmy his due credit though. To start in the back of the pack for Race 2, after being DQ'd in Race 1, and make it to the front for the overall victory... well thats just damn fantastic driving. Not sure if he hangs out on here, but that was good stuff. I still wish I'd been able to hold him off for just one (or two) more laps though...
Timmy's a great driver, and a terrific guy. Charlie is one of the straightest arrows in the game, and a good friend to boot. when Timmy first drove that car at the VIR CR last year, he ripped off a solo win in the Enduro as if he'd been driving the car for years.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Guess this clears up the "who was creating the smoke screen in T6?" question!

Old 10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
aj986s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For anyone's that interested, I've got some pics posted online from the PCA Potomac Club Race. This time around, my wife, Cindy, lugged the camera to various points, and I must say she did a terrific job snapping pics. I did the post-process stuff (deleting, tweaking, cropping, etc.) but she did all the initial capturing!

Here's a link to my online gallery:
http://tonyp.smugmug.com/PCA-Club-Ra...86075905_CBM5c

Please note that that you can right-click on the pics onscreen and save them directly to your computer for free. However, they will contain the watermark in the lower right corner. And they will be of lower resolution quality. On the site, you can also purchase either hardcopy prints or download a higher-rez copy for your personal use for a nominal fee. If any pictures are of special interest to you (commercial use, publication, etc.) please let me know and I can work with you to provide a full size original copy of the pic file.

Cindy & I hope you enjoy them!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice!

Too many of that 159 car though
Old 10-22-2009, 10:31 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Guess this clears up the "who was creating the smoke screen in T6?" question!

thats a great picture! i have a special button in my car so that when anyone gets to close i send out the smoke screen! very james bond i do say!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dougdep
thats a great picture! i have a special button in my car so that when anyone gets to close i send out the smoke screen! very james bond i do say!
I was bit surprised that they didn't black flag your car.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Originally Posted by Brian P
We were kinda quietly hoping they might black flag your car.
Fixed that for you Brian
Old 10-22-2009, 10:39 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Fixed that for you Brian
ha!

going to NASA at NJMP next weekend if anyone wants to come play (and i promise no smoke screens)!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:05 AM
aj986s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dougdep
ha!

going to NASA at NJMP next weekend if anyone wants to come play (and i promise no smoke screens)!
Doug,
I spoke with you briefly at VIR during the NASA race. Did you ever get a chance to check out the Air Oil Separator, or for excessive vacuum under the oil fill cap?
Old 10-23-2009, 02:00 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aj986s
Doug,
I spoke with you briefly at VIR during the NASA race. Did you ever get a chance to check out the Air Oil Separator, or for excessive vacuum under the oil fill cap?
i recall the conversation. i unscrewed that cap or whatever you told me and it seemed to be fine. i think it was just too much oil. i didnt have any problems at VIR.

Quick Reply: Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04