Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009 | 04:54 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good hands
Batter died half way through. I need Gary to make me a frankencharger.
Scott, if you're serious I would be glad to make it for you. Just send me your wall (120V) charger and your cig. lighter (12V) charger. I'll send you back one F-Charger...

If in a hurry i'll send you mine and you can just send me the parts. I don't need mine for now.
Old 10-05-2009 | 04:59 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
In the DE???? Got a pic (not of the damage, but of the rammer)?
It happened near the end of the enduro race.

BTW, I didn't have any problems with that particular car during my two races, but I did have another one try to put me in the grass 3 times and he was successful in getting me into the grass once. Unfortunately, my video camera died, so I don't have excellent footage of me trying to hold my line through the grass on the outside of 10.
Old 10-05-2009 | 05:07 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
A Big Thanks to Gary R. for being my crew chief at Summit......

Gary as you know, my lap times kept on coming down as you slowly divulged some of the "D boy's" racecrafts secrets............

If the 100lbs loss doesn't pass next season, I might be looking very seriously at those Demans Boxster S.......
It was my pleasure my friend. I actually was surprised at how well you took input and utilized it. It's funny how clear, when watching other people, the small mistakes show themselves. In the practices I watched you from several vantage points and could see and hear where you could do something differently to improve... and you did! After the 1st Sprint we looked at data, talked about strategy, and you went out and plugged in your fasted time in SR #2! The F class is pretty stout, I would be thrilled with your progress and finishing as 3rd loser!

WELL DONE!
Old 10-05-2009 | 05:25 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

Originally Posted by Brian P
It happened near the end of the enduro race.

BTW, I didn't have any problems with that particular car during my two races,
as the drover of the green car i appreciate you saying that. by the time you get to cr level, most of us have been the slower as well as the faster car at some point. even awash in red mist getting 2 cars through a corner isn't really brain surgery.

unfortunately, after 85mins of exertion, the feeble minded seem to have forgotten they weren't droving at suzuka this weekend.
Old 10-05-2009 | 05:53 PM
Jase007
Instructor

Gary R.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you this weekend ... was there for Sunday only co-driving the enduro.

}{:

What goes around comes around ... he'll get his someday.

Landjet:

Nice to finally put a face to a name. See you out there.
Old 10-05-2009 | 06:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jase007
Gary R.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you this weekend ... was there for Sunday only co-driving the enduro.

}{:

What goes around comes around ... he'll get his someday.

Landjet:

Nice to finally put a face to a name. See you out there.
There's always next year Jason, make the trip to Limerock for the race, i'll be there racing no matter what!
Old 10-05-2009 | 06:29 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

}{,
Is your green car the F class early 911 with the black front lid? If so, we had a pretty good dice in the sprints. I was in the black Carrera, number 51. I got my tires a little on the slippery side, and heated up my brakes mixing it up with you. Great fun!

Sorry to hear about you getting hit in the enduro. I only did the sprints.
Old 10-05-2009 | 06:49 PM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

I got tagged during in the left rear at the beginning of the 2nd Red Sprint. I thought the guy hit me but wasn't sure. I forgot about the incident and didn't notice the damage until I got the car home and unloaded. Needless to say, I was rather miffed.

I know who it was and I remember it clearly - as the dark blue paint is obvious. He had to know that he hit me.

Frankly I'm very disapointed that he didn't track me down and appologize. It was a stupid move.

Other than that, it was a lot of fun racing with you guys.
Old 10-05-2009 | 09:38 PM
78SC
Instructor

It was a great weekend with good weather! The track definitely had some rough spots. I could not get any grip through in 6-7-8. Good racing with the Soykers. I was sorry to see them leave before the enduro on Sunday. Nice to see some of the other rennlisters at the track.
Old 10-05-2009 | 09:51 PM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

all im saying is that u guys were lucky that Rocco wasnt there !
To Paluccio - salute
v
Old 10-06-2009 | 12:41 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

but I did have another one try to put me in the grass 3 times and he was successful in getting me into the grass once.
Curious, Brian. Who would that be? PM me if you prefer.
Old 10-06-2009 | 08:26 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Some sprint race action!

Red Sprint 1: Got to grid late, starting almost last, made for some early race fun though.

http://www.vimeo.com/6920123

Red Sprint 2: My first for realz podium!

http://www.vimeo.com/6921669
Old 10-06-2009 | 10:48 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

I thought rookies were supposed to provide entertainment for you all, and hey i made it thru the gravel so no yellow/white flags and i didnt hit the guy. Just wait till i post me passing you streak....payback, well sort of.

Anyone by chance get a shot of me going off in 9??? i have it in my car and i try to turn in and the car say HELLL NO an you can tell the second i try to turn in i have no chance as there was a car on the inside of me and i was out in the marbles.

Originally Posted by Streak
Some sprint race action!

Red Sprint 1: Got to grid late, starting almost last, made for some early race fun though.

http://www.vimeo.com/6920123

Red Sprint 2: My first for realz podium!

http://www.vimeo.com/6921669
Old 10-06-2009 | 11:17 AM
}{arlequin
Pro

Originally Posted by Carrera51
}{,
Is your green car the F class early 911 with the black front lid? If so, we had a pretty good dice in the sprints. I was in the black Carrera, number 51. I got my tires a little on the slippery side, and heated up my brakes mixing it up with you. Great fun!

Sorry to hear about you getting hit in the enduro. I only did the sprints.
thanks mark, i enjoyed it as well, at least until my tires went away. although, i suspect i wouldn't have been able to run that long with you if it weren't for your tranny issues

i won't lie, i was happy and relieved whenever i heard a missed shift from your car
Old 10-06-2009 | 11:28 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately, my video camera died, so I don't have excellent footage of me trying to hold my line through the grass on the outside of 10.
Bumpy out there wasn't it. I had a guy driving down the middle of the straight between 9 and 10 decide at the last minute to swing left to turn right on my first hot qualifying lap. Went from #1 on the grid for qualifying to #8 on the grid for the race.

Quick Reply: Summit Point club race and DE 10/02-10/04