Sponsored by:

Sparco Pro Adv Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Waco Kid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparco Pro Adv Seat

I am considering this seat and I do not know anyone who has one. I've been told it is sized a little larger than a Pro2000.
I currently have an EVO L and it is a little bit small in the seat but fits in the shoulder area. My car is an 86' 911.

Does anyone has this seat and will it fit in my car?

Thanks,
Brad
Old 08-19-2009, 06:50 PM
JC3D
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this seat. Some of my thoughts on it:

It is a little wider overall than my old pro 200.
I have very wide shoulders and it can accomdate them.
I basically give up having a little bit wider in the seat area so it fits my shoulders ok.
Overall a good fit and I am 5'10", 190 lbs, 34 in waist.

The head supports really saved my neck once already when i hit a wall in vegas last year. So I definitely recommend the upgrade.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:24 PM
OGRacing
Addict Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JC3D
I have this seat. Some of my thoughts on it:

It is a little wider overall than my old pro 200.
I have very wide shoulders and it can accomdate them.
I basically give up having a little bit wider in the seat area so it fits my shoulders ok.
Overall a good fit and I am 5'10", 190 lbs, 34 in waist.

The head supports really saved my neck once already when i hit a wall in vegas last year. So I definitely recommend the upgrade.
John
Check that seat carefully if it was involved in a hard hit. Would hate to see a problem after it's already helped once. Was the hit straight in or sideways?

Bill
info@ogracing.com

Sparco's Largest Distributor for 28 Years
PFC Distributor for 27 Years
Pagid, Alpinestars, MOMO, OMP, Hawk, Bell, Aim, G-Force, HJC,
HANS, Arai, Simpson, Brey Krause, Longacre, CoolShirt!
Supplying Track Junkies for 34 Years.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor Since 1998

A Veteran Owned Business

Check out our blog!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 PM
JC3D
Pro

It was not that hard of a hit, but was enough to fling my head to the side against the bolster. Hit the rear drivers side corner, and the seat is still fine.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Waco Kid
Advanced

John, thanks for the feedback. One other question for you: How's the visibility with this seat? Does the Halo cut alot of your lateral visibility?

Thanks,
Brad
Old 08-19-2009, 08:07 PM
JC3D
Pro

It is about the same as any side head protection seat. It definitely would not be safe for the street. I have the old hans without sliding tethers so it really doesn't cut it off more than the hans does.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Brad, if you're coming to MSR in September, try my seat out. I have the Recaro Pro Racer XL (for my fat butt!). I also have a Recaro Profi XL that I am not using. It's not a halo seat, but it is current for FIA certification. If you use this seat with Recaro mount brackets, you do not need a seat back brace. Let me know as that Profi XL is just sitting in my garage.

You coming to Hallett in October? I just registered (registration opened tonight at 9P). Hope to see you guys there.

Toby
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Waco Kid
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Brad, if you're coming to MSR in September, try my seat out. I have the Recaro Pro Racer XL (for my fat butt!). I also have a Recaro Profi XL that I am not using. It's not a halo seat, but it is current for FIA certification. If you use this seat with Recaro mount brackets, you do not need a seat back brace. Let me know as that Profi XL is just sitting in my garage.

You coming to Hallett in October? I just registered (registration opened tonight at 9P). Hope to see you guys there.

Toby
Toby!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the offer. You know I've been flirting with the idea of racing NASA. They require either a Halo seat or side net so I have been looking at halo seat options.
I was actually going to try for the Aug 1-2 NASA TWS race but I tore my MCL mid-July which has derailed me a bit.
MSRC & Hallett: I'm going to try for both. It all really depends on my work schedule. I know the race cretans I associate myself with, including you, have been talking about going to Hallett so if I can get there I will.

Brad
Old 08-20-2009, 04:15 PM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I have one in my 944 and like it a lot. I'm 5'10, 200lbs.

I also have a Sabelt Taurus XL that I don't need. The seat was great, but the halo was just a fraction too wide to work with my cage that has temple bars installed. Asking $490 with side brackets and can deliver or have delivered to PCA race at Hallet.

Joe
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2009, 02:19 AM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just put one of these seats in my RS America and I really like it. I'm 5'11" and 195 LBS. No visability problems and great value from SafeRacer with a 10% off coupon and free shipping $764.

JF

Quick Reply: Sparco Pro Adv Seat