Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Sparco Pro Adv Seat (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/519178-sparco-pro-adv-seat.html)

Waco Kid 08-19-2009 05:33 PM

Sparco Pro Adv Seat

I am considering this seat and I do not know anyone who has one. I've been told it is sized a little larger than a Pro2000.
I currently have an EVO L and it is a little bit small in the seat but fits in the shoulder area. My car is an 86' 911.

Does anyone has this seat and will it fit in my car?

Thanks,
Brad

JC3D 08-19-2009 06:50 PM

I have this seat. Some of my thoughts on it:

It is a little wider overall than my old pro 200.
I have very wide shoulders and it can accomdate them.
I basically give up having a little bit wider in the seat area so it fits my shoulders ok.
Overall a good fit and I am 5'10", 190 lbs, 34 in waist.

The head supports really saved my neck once already when i hit a wall in vegas last year. So I definitely recommend the upgrade.

OGRacing 08-19-2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by JC3D (Post 6830168)
I have this seat. Some of my thoughts on it:

It is a little wider overall than my old pro 200.
I have very wide shoulders and it can accomdate them.
I basically give up having a little bit wider in the seat area so it fits my shoulders ok.
Overall a good fit and I am 5'10", 190 lbs, 34 in waist.

The head supports really saved my neck once already when i hit a wall in vegas last year. So I definitely recommend the upgrade.

John
Check that seat carefully if it was involved in a hard hit. Would hate to see a problem after it's already helped once. Was the hit straight in or sideways?

Bill

JC3D 08-19-2009 07:25 PM

It was not that hard of a hit, but was enough to fling my head to the side against the bolster. Hit the rear drivers side corner, and the seat is still fine.

Waco Kid 08-19-2009 07:28 PM

John, thanks for the feedback. One other question for you: How's the visibility with this seat? Does the Halo cut alot of your lateral visibility?

Thanks,
Brad

JC3D 08-19-2009 08:07 PM

It is about the same as any side head protection seat. It definitely would not be safe for the street. I have the old hans without sliding tethers so it really doesn't cut it off more than the hans does.

Toby Pennycuff 08-19-2009 11:28 PM

Brad, if you're coming to MSR in September, try my seat out. I have the Recaro Pro Racer XL (for my fat butt!). I also have a Recaro Profi XL that I am not using. It's not a halo seat, but it is current for FIA certification. If you use this seat with Recaro mount brackets, you do not need a seat back brace. Let me know as that Profi XL is just sitting in my garage.

You coming to Hallett in October? I just registered (registration opened tonight at 9P). Hope to see you guys there.

Toby

Waco Kid 08-20-2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff (Post 6831107)
Brad, if you're coming to MSR in September, try my seat out. I have the Recaro Pro Racer XL (for my fat butt!). I also have a Recaro Profi XL that I am not using. It's not a halo seat, but it is current for FIA certification. If you use this seat with Recaro mount brackets, you do not need a seat back brace. Let me know as that Profi XL is just sitting in my garage.

You coming to Hallett in October? I just registered (registration opened tonight at 9P). Hope to see you guys there.

Toby

Toby!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the offer. You know I've been flirting with the idea of racing NASA. They require either a Halo seat or side net so I have been looking at halo seat options.
I was actually going to try for the Aug 1-2 NASA TWS race but I tore my MCL mid-July which has derailed me a bit.
MSRC & Hallett: I'm going to try for both. It all really depends on my work schedule. I know the race cretans I associate myself with, including you, have been talking about going to Hallett so if I can get there I will.

Brad

JR944 08-20-2009 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have one in my 944 and like it a lot. I'm 5'10, 200lbs.

I also have a Sabelt Taurus XL that I don't need. The seat was great, but the halo was just a fraction too wide to work with my cage that has temple bars installed. Asking $490 with side brackets and can deliver or have delivered to PCA race at Hallet.

Joe

993PET 08-21-2009 02:19 AM

I just put one of these seats in my RS America and I really like it. I'm 5'11" and 195 LBS. No visability problems and great value from SafeRacer with a 10% off coupon and free shipping $764.

JF