Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the European GP?
Button
10.81%
Rubens
18.92%
Webber
10.81%
Vettel
21.62%
Kimi
2.70%
Hamilton
27.03%
Alonso
2.70%
Other Driver Not listed
5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

2009 European Grand Prix race preview, predictions and discussion - Valencia

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pete,

As what I "know" (WTF do we know, right?) is that Kimi was, nor is not going anywhere. This is what I've been saying all the time.

All of these rumors have focused on Alonso coming & kimi leaving but that's been because Kimi hasn't had the best year possible (the car of course sucks, especially in the beginning but when you really start looking into it, has it been that bad when compared to Massa? Not the way it feels but when you really look into numbers, what they've been doing etc.), he did couple of rallies and because he did so well in those rallies, it means he is more interested in rallying than F1 which is all bull****. Trust me, it is.
I have no doubt Kimi will be rallying and doing some Endurance raging but not next year, he is very motivated, the biggest problem has been a car that doesn't qualify well.
Look at the last races, does that look like a guy who has no interest?

Anyways, I won't bet against Alonso coming in Ferrari for 2010 season although I don't believe he does. But Kimi doing rally next year and not F1, I'm on.

I hope & Believe Massa will be back in Brazil.

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...KR should stay around , he will learn a lot from Alonso . As FA is still tops Tier followed by hammy , KR will have the best seat in the house .

What about that Stiff neck , guy ,, Hmm, what his name again?

Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barrichello would be leading the WDC if brawn had not made the decision to favor Button at his expense...Justice would be served if no Brawn driver takes anything and end such contemptuous asinine methodology that is nothing but negative to the sport ...
Wayne, you are smoking something today. RB's subpar start to the season can only be blamed on him.

When the Brawns were CLEARLY MUCH BETTER than everyone else he finished 5th in Malaysia, 4th in China, 5th in Bahrain, 13 seconds behind Jenson in Spain, and more recently DNF in Turkey, 6th in Germany, and 10th in Hungary.

Those results can't be blamed on Jenson. While JB was busy running away from the field, RB was back getting passed by Toyota's and Red Bulls that were clearly slower cars. RB flat out got outdriven and did not look deserving of the vehicle at the beginning of the season, now he wins one race and he should be leading WDC? When he barely is hanging on to 2nd place?

Sorry I don't follow. Let him put at least a couple decent races together before making that claim. All of his good results are scattered between subpar ones for the caliber of vehicle.

I don't think Jenson is deserving of it either, I'm honestly pulling for Mark Webber, I think of the 4 that have a chance, he's been the most deserving from being consistent and solid despite getting second hand pit strategies for the majority of the season. No small feat considering who his co-driver is to still be in 3rd.

Webber FTW!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Wayne, you are smoking something today. RB's subpar start to the season can only be blamed on him.

When the Brawns were CLEARLY MUCH BETTER than everyone else he finished 5th in Malaysia, 4th in China, 5th in Bahrain, 13 seconds behind Jenson in Spain, and more recently DNF in Turkey, 6th in Germany, and 10th in Hungary.

Those results can't be blamed on Jenson. While JB was busy running away from the field, RB was back getting passed by Toyota's and Red Bulls that were clearly slower cars. RB flat out got outdriven and did not look deserving of the vehicle at the beginning of the season, now he wins one race and he should be leading WDC? When he barely is hanging on to 2nd place?

Sorry I don't follow. Let him put at least a couple decent races together before making that claim. All of his good results are scattered between subpar ones for the caliber of vehicle.

I don't think Jenson is deserving of it either, I'm honestly pulling for Mark Webber, I think of the 4 that have a chance, he's been the most deserving from being consistent and solid despite getting second hand pit strategies for the majority of the season. No small feat considering who his co-driver is to still be in 3rd.

Webber FTW!

I'm sure you did not examine the results and is shooting from the hip , so i will give you a pass on such drivel , if you had examined the races listed , you would have been aware of where team orders were ultimately pulled , most noticeable to the public .. Spain . even Button admitted to that one.....

Here do some catching up , in Germany brawn strategy caused Rubin a podium finish in favor of finishing behind Button in 8th ...

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/07/1...m-more-points/

Button's complete lack of pace is forcing brawn to let RUBIN RACE , NOT A SUDDEN UPSURGE IN RUBIN'S DRIVING .........

while it is played off about the fuel rig failure , etc , the real issue was Barrichello was never switched from a 3 to a 2 stopper to compete with webber , that is what cost him the race , the fuel rig issue was just the nail in the coffin ..

amazingly poor rubin , always the guy with the failures , where is golden spoon's bad luck , yeah ! coincidence ?

Next you are going to tell me we could make an ex- crack head heeediot a world leader .. ohh snap !

We saw the same MO @ Ferrari when stiff neck failed and they needed Barrichello who would suddenly look like a winner for the moment ...
Old 08-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I'm sure you did not examine the results and is shooting from the hip...
I think that you are trying to extrapolate what happened in 2 races, Germany which was argueably a pit screwup, and Spain which was pretty clear, and spread it across the season. You know that I am a fan of Rubens, but he has made some mistakes this year, and at times his driving was clearly sub-par.

Button on the other hand has not performed over the last 5~6 races and his lack of pace as compared to Rubens until the closing moments of the race when he rips off the fastest lap just has me shaking my head in wonderment.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:41 PM
wanna911
Race Car

I'm sure you did not examine the results and is shooting from the hip , so i will give you a pass on such drivel , if you had examined the races listed , you would have been aware of where team orders were ultimately pulled , most noticeable to the public .. Spain . even Button admitted to that one.....

Here do some catching up , in Germany brawn strategy caused Rubin a podium finish in favor of finishing behind Button in 8th ...

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/07/1...m-more-points/

Button's complete lack of pace is forcing brawn to let rUBIN RACE , NOT A SUDDEN UPSURGE IN RUBIN'S DRIVING .........

We saw the same crap at Ferrari when stiff neck failed and they needed Barrichello who would suddenly look like a winner for the moment ...
Wayne, did you even read the article?

- First RB lost time because he COULDNT PASS Massa and got stuck,
-Second the fuel rig BROKE (I don't consider that the teams fault, parts failures happen, it's part of racing)
-Third he couldn't get enough gas because of the above and had to pit again losing a position to Button.

The team didn't cost him points, or even a podium, he needed to get past Massa and didn't, it's part of racing. Then the fuel rig broke, also part of racing.

So you're saying that Brawn want Jenson to win (x6) while Ruebens finishes SEVERAL SPOTS BEHIND????

I'll give you Spain, but at that point he wasn't showing much, so the safe bet was to get Jenson as many points as possible before the inevitable happen (teams catching up to them), and that's what happened. I'll still take Jenson over RB in terms of ability, but would rather RB win because Jenson is massively undeserving IMO and RB winning would only show how much so. In fact, anyone else winning would show that.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I think that you are trying to extrapolate what happened in 2 races, Germany which was argueably a pit screwup, and Spain which was pretty clear, and spread it across the season. You know that I am a fan of Rubens, but he has made some mistakes this year, and at times his driving was clearly sub-par.

Button on the other hand has not performed over the last 5~6 races and his lack of pace as compared to Rubens until the closing moments of the race when he rips off the fastest lap just has me shaking my head in wonderment.
Larry There were races where Button out performed Rubin for one reason or the other , that is apart from the fact that brawn was giving Button a helping hand . Spain was typical Brawn as he did the same for Button has he has done for stiff neck at Ferrari , Button admitted to such over the radio go back and listen as he thanked Rubin ..

Barrichello and button is not in the same league as ole man barrichello is so much faster at this late stage of his career , i have said this from the beginning and it is a total sham if button wins this WDC, as Rubin has seen him off for ever...

Ohhh still waiting to hear it from you , Barrichello beat him again , you said you would admit i was right if he did so again ... WELLLLLL
Old 08-24-2009, 05:48 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

-Second the fuel rig BROKE (I don't consider that the teams fault, parts failures happen, it's part of racing)
-Third he couldn't get enough gas because of the above and had to pit again losing a position to Button.

The team didn't cost him points, or even a podium, he needed to get past Massa and didn't, it's part of racing. Then the fuel rig broke, also part of racing.

So you're saying that Brawn want Jenson to win (x6) while Ruebens finishes SEVERAL SPOTS BEHIND????

I'll give you Spain, but at that point he wasn't showing much, so the safe bet was to get Jenson as many points as possible before the inevitable happen (teams catching up to them), and that's what happened. I'll still take Jenson over RB in terms of ability, but would rather RB win because Jenson is massively undeserving IMO and RB winning would only show how much so. In fact, anyone else winning would show that.
try reading my response i addressed the article to eduate you..... the proof is there for all to see, even a drunk Finn can see it ...

BARRICHELLO SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLACED ON A 2 STOPPER IF HE WAS TO HAVE ANY CHANCE OF WINNING , THE FACT HE STAYED ON BUTTON'S STRATEGY WAS THEIR ATTEMPT TO KEEP HIM BEHIND BUTTON WHO WAS WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY BEHIND ..get it ?

Long before fuel rig /Massa etc as the team was gifted a penalty via Webber , putting them in a great position ...

Ohh lord it's hard to be ......................... in everywaaaaaaayyyyay
Old 08-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Ohh lord it's hard to be ......................... in everywaaaaaaayyyyay
It is, it's very hard, but if you keep working at it and listen to us, after a long time you might get close.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
It is, it's very hard, but if you keep working at it and listen to us, after a long time you might get close.
Yes it is easier to dumb down
Old 08-24-2009, 05:57 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,498 Likes on 2,081 Posts

-Second the fuel rig BROKE (I don't consider that the teams fault, parts failures happen, it's part of racing)-Third he couldn't get enough gas because of the above and had to pit again losing a position to Button.

Ahh, no he can't understand that because Wayne has never raced.

Wayne will tell you one thing or another weeks on end (primarily on Monday when he has all the answers), but the fact remains he is trying to sell us Rubens is a great race driver when the fact remains he had not won a race in 5 years until yesterday.

I could care less about Button and Rubens, but for those scoring at home, it's Jensen 6 and Rubens 4 on the score card 10 races through. I'm counting the pass bys etc.

And to be perfectly fair to Button, although Rubens was head and shoulders above any of the other WDC contenders, Button did not lose any ground to Webber or Vettel. Vettel had the excuse of a blow motor. What was Webbers excuse?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:02 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Ahh, no he can't understand that because Wayne has never raced.

Wayne will tell you one thing or another weeks on end (primarily on Monday when he has all the answers), but the fact remains he is trying to sell us Rubens is a great race driver when the fact remains he had not won a race in 5 years until yesterday.

I could care less about Button and Rubens, but for those scoring at home, it's Jensen 6 and Rubens 4 on the score card 10 races through. I'm counting the pass bys etc.
Ironic coming from a guy that Auto-x with a Tip

Flavor flav Petey ask stiff neck how good Rubin was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltbjrLorp84
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I guess you've shot your load for this Monday huh? SHould we expect to see you next Monday at the same time? If I remember correctly, weren't you going to try your hand at something else like Futbol? We'll check back with you after World Cup qualifying is over and the brackets are seeded...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d66OlCbqB2w
Old 08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 869 Posts

what quitting already no load to shoot ? you can always artificial inseminate your answer
Wayne, knock it off.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
I guess you've shot your load for this Monday huh? SHould we expect to see you next Monday at the same time? If I remember correctly, weren't you going to try your hand at something else like Futbol? We'll check back with you after World Cup qualifying is over and the brackets are seeded...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d66OlCbqB2w
what quitting already no more load to shoot ? you can always artificial inseminate your answer

a drafting pass... Hmmm raise you one dirty driving :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrt-O...eature=related
Old 08-24-2009, 06:56 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

what quitting already no more load to shoot ? you can always artificial inseminate your answer

a drafting pass... Hmmm raise you one dirty driving :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrt-O...eature=related
That's right your from the school of letting another pass you on pit lane ala Luca Badoer.

I like this pass under braking. I guess the shine of Jensen's car got in the eyes of Alonso...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nl3qUi-_E&NR=1

Quick Reply: 2009 European Grand Prix race preview, predictions and discussion - Valencia