Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Official: Schumacher Replacing Massa at Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Imagine what the press will be like at the event. I predict massive race sellouts for the next three venues, if not more. Wow...big news.

C.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,269 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Originally Posted by jpinkert
Last race I watched, a Ferrari ended up on the podium...
It did, but there was so much weird stuff happening in that race that it was not a true measure of the speed of the Ferrari. Alonso should have ended up at least 3rd, but the team didn't put on his lug nut and he DNFs.

Barrechello's spring caused him to qualify 12th. Because of the concern for the Brawn springs, the FIA was inspecting Button's car during Q3 and he got but 1 flying lap and qualified down in 8th.

This was only the 3rd time a Ferrari had made it to a podium in 10 races, all third place spots, so the car is still a donkey cart in my estimation.

McLaren is the team to watch out for now.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 96 Posts

Damn! I may need to bug my buddy at United and bum a buddy pass to Belgium. Spa may be THE place to be this fall. Monza wouldn't be too bad either!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chads996
Imagine what the press will be like at the event. I predict massive race sellouts for the next three venues, if not more. Wow...big news.

C.
Frantically calling friends to see if the G is available. Should be a fantastic show
Old 07-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Damn! I may need to bug my buddy at United and bum a buddy pass to Belgium. Spa may be THE place to be this fall. Monza wouldn't be too bad either!
Hmmm... I will be arriving in Italy on September 13th (race is on that day), maybe I should leave couple of days earlier and fly to Milan instead of Venice... Would be fun to see the Tifosi go nuts at Monza!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:13 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
It did, but there was so much weird stuff happening in that race that it was not a true measure of the speed of the Ferrari. Alonso should have ended up at least 3rd, but the team didn't put on his lug nut and he DNFs.

Barrechello's spring caused him to qualify 12th. Because of the concern for the Brawn springs, the FIA was inspecting Button's car during Q3 and he got but 1 flying lap and qualified down in 8th.

This was only the 3rd time a Ferrari had made it to a podium in 10 races, all third place spots, so the car is still a donkey cart in my estimation.

McLaren is the team to watch out for now.

That is Bull Pete and you know it!!!!!!! If Kimi could hold off Webber in the Red Bull, which has beaten Brawn the last 3 races, then he could have beaten the Brawns as well. The car is not as far off the pace as you'd like to believe. A week in week out contender, probably not, but a top 5 finisher, absolutely.

And since you've publicly claimed that the whole field is amateurs and that Schumacher would own them with his eyes closed, it shouldn't matter anyways. The car is fast enough for Schumacher to do something with. And his pride is on the line as well, he will put on his best effort, you can bet on that.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, considering all the insiders and experts did not see this coming. Someone post a poll before any more info comes down. Assume MS passes his physical. Predictions: Will MS score points, podium be off pace with all the differences in the current cars, etc. Will the F1 allow him to test in preparation (who knows what deal was made with the devil).
Old 07-29-2009, 09:55 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,269 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
That is Bull Pete and you know it!!!!!!! If Kimi could hold off Webber in the Red Bull, which has beaten Brawn the last 3 races, then he could have beaten the Brawns as well. The car is not as far off the pace as you'd like to believe. A week in week out contender, probably not, but a top 5 finisher, absolutely.

And since you've publicly claimed that the whole field is amateurs and that Schumacher would own them with his eyes closed, it shouldn't matter anyways. The car is fast enough for Schumacher to do something with. And his pride is on the line as well, he will put on his best effort, you can bet on that.
Your are an angry little man aren't you? I've been trying my best to be civil with you, but you just can't do the same. Okay let's do the math for you since your incapable of having an objective opinion.

Ferrari drivers are 7th and 9th in the WDC points. Out of 30 possible podium spots over 10 races, they have scored exactly 3. That equates to 10% podium finishes. Out of those 3 podiums, all were in 3rd place. Ferrari has not sniffed a race win all year.

Team points:

Brawn: 114

Red Bull: 98.5

Ferrari: 40

Toyota: 38.5

McLaren: 28

The 2nd place team has more than double the points Ferrari currently has. Lowly Toyota is only 1.5 points behind Ferrari. A Renault just got pole position and Alonso might have won or at least podiumed after this race were it not for the loose nut. Hamilton did win and convincingly in the McLaren with the new front wing.

Ferrari will be overtaken by McLaren for 3rd spot in just 2 races. It will be a battle for 4th between Ferrari and Toyota.

Your the genius, explain to me how, and on what planet does Ferrari have a competitive car? Your just a moron if you refute any of the fact just presented to you.

I'm on record as saying that Valencia will be a tough race for Schumacher as he doesn't know the car nor has he ever been to the track. I'm also on record as saying he will podium at Spa.

Look, go find A. Wayne and have a little Alonso/Hamilton love fest amongst yourselves. Leave the rest of the world alone.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ndsXVaPwc

First thing I thought of ^. All kidding aside, I say he scores points, podiums, and potentially a victory but he won't dominate, probably won't even be as competitive as most people would hope the first one, maybe two races. He hasn't driven or helped develop the car which brings up the question in my mind, is he doing this because Ferrari are looking for someone who is technically proficient enough to bring them up to speed with the other teams as well as score points?

One thing is for certain. While I've been a huge Kimi fan because of his outright speed but I've lost a lot of respect because he just doesn't seem motivated. I will lose the remaining respect if he doesn't up his game in these circumstances. No excuses.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You couldn't have scripted a movie better than this. Whether you're a Shumie fan or not, it's good entertainment.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:55 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
... Would be fun to see the Tifosi go nuts at Monza!
The Tifosi are nuts to begin with...............throw MS back into the mixture; look out.

I have a Ferrari jacket that I bought in Marrenello, wore at Monza and to my outbound flight at Venice..............talk about preferencial treatment

I hope MS does well and doen't get hurt.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:04 PM
IB Adrian
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone else think that Bernie just re-routed the briefcase full of cash going to BMW to the Schumacher's residence?
(and probably sent another briefcase along, just for good measure)

Maybe I am just cynical.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Hmmm... I will be arriving in Italy on September 13th (race is on that day), maybe I should leave couple of days earlier and fly to Milan instead of Venice... Would be fun to see the Tifosi go nuts at Monza!
Finn, if you go to Monza, let me know. We're thinking Monza may be a better (meaning MORE FUN) race. Any suggestions on places to stay? How far is Monza from Milan itself? We'll settle on our plans in the next day or so.

Toby
Old 07-29-2009, 11:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If in fact Miss Alonso will be driving for Ferrari in 2010 and if in fact it will be announced at Monza (surely Renault and Flav must be aware of this) and Schumacher is driving the Ferrari at Monza, can you just imagine the scene wtih the Tifosi?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Finn, if you go to Monza, let me know. We're thinking Monza may be a better (meaning MORE FUN) race. Any suggestions on places to stay? How far is Monza from Milan itself? We'll settle on our plans in the next day or so.

Toby
Monza is in a park on the outskirts of Millan................the park is huge; stay in Milan just for the atmosphere.

Personally I'd go to Spa.

Quick Reply: It's Official: Schumacher Replacing Massa at Ferrari