Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's going on at Fikse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 AM
tsheehan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fikse definitely could use an overhaul of its customer service and repair practices. I hope that they rethink there elitist stance that every damaged or reconfigured wheel request must in fact be handled by the mother ship. At this point I am looking for a new company to roll my race car on. The season is to short the rules and tire availability are to fluid to be leap frogging two and a half sets of wheels while a vendor is failing to deliver within a reasonable time period. The Cost of the tires, trackside mount and dismount of rains and slicks to compensate for horrible communication and contempt for the customer by Fikse will take more of the joy out of my pasion for racing then the cost of re tooling with another brand. I concider my self truely fortunate to be in the position to bail on Fikse and find another relationship. Three sets of wheels will not make any manufactor a fortune but 3 sets times a thousand guys like me is not a bad quarter.

Regards
TSheehan
Old 07-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Forgeline !
Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 203 Posts

Another vote for CCW.

Twice I have sent a bent wheel in for repair and they turned it around in 24 hours each time. Currently have 3 sets from them and couldn't be happier.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BBS is really the best wheel company out there. I have a friend who used to work for Flying Lizard race team and would say most wheel companies wheels would show fatigue cracking when driven hard...except BBS. They use that wheel exclusively because they are the strongest wheel with the best repair service turnaround in the industry. Food for thought.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by tsheehan
Fikse definitely could use an overhaul of its customer service and repair practices. I hope that they rethink there elitist stance that every damaged or reconfigured wheel request must in fact be handled by the mother ship. At this point I am looking for a new company to roll my race car on. The season is to short the rules and tire availability are to fluid to be leap frogging two and a half sets of wheels while a vendor is failing to deliver within a reasonable time period. The Cost of the tires, trackside mount and dismount of rains and slicks to compensate for horrible communication and contempt for the customer by Fikse will take more of the joy out of my pasion for racing then the cost of re tooling with another brand. I concider my self truely fortunate to be in the position to bail on Fikse and find another relationship. Three sets of wheels will not make any manufactor a fortune but 3 sets times a thousand guys like me is not a bad quarter.

Regards
TSheehan
sorry to hear that, but i guess i am not the only one with such bad service.
this was 3 years ago, and i hold my grudge forever.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:20 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ricster
BBS is really the best wheel company out there. I have a friend who used to work for Flying Lizard race team and would say most wheel companies wheels would show fatigue cracking when driven hard...except BBS. They use that wheel exclusively because they are the strongest wheel with the best repair service turnaround in the industry. Food for thought.
1. they are the best, yes.
2. the are also the most $$$$$$$$$$, yes
3. servicing winning ALMS team flying lizard is not same as servicing local back marker like myself, no way in hell will BBS motorsport turn my wheels around in 24 hours.
4. all wheels will fatigue crack, BBS will take longer to crack.
5. i LOVE BBS MOTORSPORT wheels, you get what you pay for.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:21 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
This is a terrible thread to read. I hope Fikse get their act together quickly, but they are off my list for now.

i wrote them an email stating why i was dissatisfied. no reply.
oh yeah, i gave them plenty of time to compose a reply to my email. my email was sent over a year ago. so they aren't just slow in making wheels.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 333pg333
CCW come with a lot of customer satisfaction it appears. I will need to get something made up semi soon. They seem to be high on the list for great service, great pricing, great expertise and a very good product.
Hard to argue against.
What other brands fit this criteria?
jongbloed
forgeline
Old 07-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

What are CCW classics going for now? They were about $2300 per set last I knew. How about the others?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:28 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Gary R.
What are CCW classics going for now? They were about $2300 per set last I knew. How about the others?
the CCW classic on your avatar are still about that price depending on sizing
they also have one piece forged track wheels that are more "modern" looking that are about 2900-3100 depending on finish.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
the CCW classic on your avatar are still about that price depending on sizing
they also have one piece forged track wheels that are more "modern" looking that are about 2900-3100 depending on finish.
Good to know. I paid $4K about 4 years ago for a set of Fikse Mach V wheels for my 964, that's my only experience with them. I purchased a set of custom 3-piece forged Fuch replicas from Jeff Alton/Zuffenhaus in 9"/11" for just under $3K that are very light and track worthy (think they are just over $3k now). Wondered what Jongblood and BBS are at?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

A BBS race wheel is between $1200 and $1500 each wheel for the standard aluminum center. Well worth it when you see the construction. No gooey sealer is used either which is nice when rebuilding them and they will sell you the parts directly so you can do it yourself.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:52 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Fikse blows. I had more trouble with their customer service on a set for my RSA. The only way to make your wheel buying experience worse is to use the sumbitches at Wheel Enhancement to order your Fikse's.

Ryan at Jongbloed is great.

Oh yeah, Hoosiers leak
Old 07-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

This thread's a bummer... but better to understand current state of affairs than not know. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a set of Fikses but will reconsider based on experiences here.

I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat after dreaming of Kinesis (Lexani) 20 inch spinners on my 993...

M
Old 07-24-2009, 01:04 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

+ 100 on CCW...awesome wheels and service! I've owned 2 sets. John is a Vette guy but puts up with us Porsche guys. LOL

Quick Reply: What's going on at Fikse?