Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's going on at Fikse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

LOL,..As they say,.."No harm, no foul",...
Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
DaveConn
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very sorry to hear some of the reports that Fikse may have stranded some customers financially. I have to say I suspected, in my case, that I would be out a substantial amount of money if Fikse was headed the direction many of us thought. In the end, I did recover most of the funds in question, but not without MAJOR effort on my part.

Best of luck to any, and all, who are still dealing with this. BTDT, and it ain't fun...

I must also add a comment about this recent tension concerning Steve, Nic and Rothsport; I know all of the parties at hand, and I know for a fact that Nic did not intend ANY offense towards Steve. I am not saying this to convince any of you, but simply to point out, as has been done here before from time to time, that this is the internet, and the nuances of conversation, discussion and debate are absent. IMHO, we should all take a moment to consider each poster's perspective before jumping on a 'bandwagon'.

Mark in Baltimore - I get where you were coming from regarding Nic's posts, but from my perspective you were just as aggressive and accusatory, and also without benefit of full knowledge of the circumstances.

Just things to consider...

Dave
Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something else to consider. What do you expect if you post a deep inside quipe on a public website that looks to be for all but 2 or 3 poeple a dig?

Sounds like Fikse milked the busness down and shut the door.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveConn
I am very sorry to hear some of the reports that Fikse may have stranded some customers financially. I have to say I suspected, in my case, that I would be out a substantial amount of money if Fikse was headed the direction many of us thought. In the end, I did recover most of the funds in question, but not without MAJOR effort on my part.

Best of luck to any, and all, who are still dealing with this. BTDT, and it ain't fun...

I must also add a comment about this recent tension concerning Steve, Nic and Rothsport; I know all of the parties at hand, and I know for a fact that Nic did not intend ANY offense towards Steve. I am not saying this to convince any of you, but simply to point out, as has been done here before from time to time, that this is the internet, and the nuances of conversation, discussion and debate are absent. IMHO, we should all take a moment to consider each poster's perspective before jumping on a 'bandwagon'.

Mark in Baltimore - I get where you were coming from regarding Nic's posts, but from my perspective you were just as aggressive and accusatory, and also without benefit of full knowledge of the circumstances.

Just things to consider...

Dave
I appreciate your response, Dave.

Some things to keep in mind:

-Nic's words can be easily misconstrued ("Not unlike Rothsport Racing's current trajectory, eh Steve?") as a cheap shot against Steve, given Steve's close relationship with Rothsport. Yes, the written word can be misinterpreted, but there is a reason why discussion boards have smileys and the like, yes? That the comment is an incredibly inside joke that only a few people understand goes without saying.

-Nic's words were still a cheap shot against Rothsport, for it sounds like, and correct me if I'm wrong, Nic was inferring that there is something amiss with Rothsport's quality.

-My words were "just as aggressive and accusatory"? The former no, the latter yes. Please re-read what I wrote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Since Steve is too much of a non-confrontational gentleman to respond, let me say that if you have a beef with him or Rothsport, you either need to discuss it with him privately or start your own thread. This thread is a discussion about Fikse wheels, not your issues with Rothsport or Rennsport.

BTW, were you just having a bad day and wanted to spray the land with hurled invective? https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...tion-seat.html
Although I definitely accused Nic of lambasting Steve, I would hardly call my words aggressive. Measured and to the point is my take on it, but that's just me.

-For a good example of aggressive, click on the link in the aforementioned quote. This is what you'll see was written by Nic:

Originally Posted by 911S3.6
Hey Dan,
you're a rude dog.
Try and use some sense and consideration next time you post.
You are using a similar ad - line at a lower price for the same product i am selling, posted very close
to my ad.
So uncool -let's hope you are not that way in person........

Nic
Now, which one is more aggressive and, dare I say it, accusatory? Keep in mind that the Rothsport trajectory comment and the Recaro Pole Position Dan you're a rude dog comment were written about four hours apart from each other, the latter comment being, as I put it, some strongly hurled invective. Knowing that Rennsport/Steve Weiner and Rothsport have a close relationship, I think it's easy to see why Nic's comments towards Steve were taken as they were.

Regardless, we were all defending Steve Weiner, someone whom we all have an immense amount of respect.

Sorry for the OT discussion. Back to work for me.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

FWIW I also saw Nic's post as defamatory. Perhaps Nic should take the time to make sure his message is clear and not subject to the misinterpretation most of us read. Just MHO.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regardless, we were all defending Steve Weiner,
Why are we defending Steve again?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Why are we defending Steve again?
Sorry, I was referring to all of the young people, not you.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:02 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 457 Posts

Sorry, I was referring to all of the young people, not you.
I would defend Steve except he still hasn't gotten my 997 Cup rear rotors for my GT2 Steve where are you

Peter
Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 PM
RL Technical Advisor

Originally Posted by 85Gold
I would defend Steve except he still hasn't gotten my 997 Cup rear rotors for my GT2 Steve where are you

Peter
Good golly,..they are sitting here taking up space on my desk but the cat does like sitting on them for a better vantage point,....

On der way.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:17 AM
DaveConn
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark -

Thanks for responding.

I count Steve W. as a mentor, and friend, and IMHO he is an invaluable resource to the R.L. community. Nic's post(s) may have been in bad form, or simply misunderstood, but I believe there are reasons, right or wrong, for his chiming-in.

Regards,

Dave
Old 10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
Good golly,..they are sitting here taking up space on my desk but the cat does like sitting on them for a better vantage point,....

On der way.
Luv ya Steve, you are always good for a laugh. Someday i need to get out west so we can meet.

Peter
Old 10-20-2009, 01:12 PM
RL Technical Advisor

Luv ya Steve, you are always good for a laugh. Someday i need to get out west so we can meet.

Peter
Hey Peter,

Get your *** out here and dinner is on me!

How can you resist that offer????
Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
Hey Peter,

Get your *** out here and dinner is on me!

How can you resist that offer????
It is hard, but you didn't mention the libations. I really do want to make a wrong coast tour as there are a lot of tracks out there to drive.

Peter
Old 10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is hard, but you didn't mention the libations. I really do want to make a wrong coast tour as there are a lot of tracks out there to drive.

Peter
Make Oregon Raceway Park one of those tracks. It's a ton of fun! It takes me 8 hours to get there but I'll make the drive for every 2-day event I can sign up for.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:08 AM
RL Technical Advisor

Peter
You get out here and I'll take care of all that,....

There are some excellent tracks out here on the windward side of the Rockies,.........PIR, Oregon Raceway Park, Thunderhill, Laguna, Sears Pt, to name just a few.

Quick Reply: What's going on at Fikse?