Sponsored by:

What's going on at Fikse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:43 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I was thinking of selling my two sets of Fikse's over the winter. Wonder what that will do to used prices when no one can buy parts or service? Not good unless I want to sell them for parts I guess.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
LM002
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993PET
Great! I have a pending order with them for a replacement FM5 wheel center. They already charged my CC for $440 on 09/09/10. I guess I'm going to eat that

JF
That would not be good, maybe you can call you CC company and start a charge back. I guess I should consider myself lucky, I bought a pair of 18 x 12 Profil 5 wheels and I have them in hand, bad part is I need a pair for the front. Looks like I'm going to have to find them used.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Not looking good.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/show...t=23135&page=3

PS - Our local dealer was very honest and forthright about suspect customer service a few months ago. I'm glad I held back on ordering.

M
Old 10-15-2009, 10:46 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I remember when I was new to the track and one of the more experienced drivers (probably in yellow! I was easily impressed by experience then) told me Fikses were really nice wheels. I vowed I would get some one day when I had a track car.
That was just before I plunged over the edge of the slippery slope.
Sorry to see Fikse gone; hope its not permanent.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:25 AM
por29
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FIKSE

So...today's news although second hand is this;

Someone who lives in the area went over to the building where Fikse had it's head quarters. There is no one there, "Desolate" was the term used.. A machine still answers the phone but, I've been calling for 4 weeks with no return call. It seems that they are out of business. Pretty sad character quality as I had had conversations with Jim Fikse fairly recently and he assured me that all was well and they were getting their act together. Jez.

Bill Rudtner

Rudtner's Racing

ex-Fikse wheel dealer
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Arrccod
Instructor

I have a Fikse wheel that needs to be repaired......where would you gut recomend it be sent?????

Thanks,
Bill
Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I hope some of the investors out there see Fikse as offering an extremely desirable product, and that if Fikse is, indeed, out of business, see the company as a potentially decent buy with a high market demand. I'm not sure how solvent CCW, Forgeline, et al. are, but, if these companies are doing okay, even in this economy, I have to wonder what Fikse did wrong to get themselves in this situation.

If Fikse completely evaporates, I think there will still be a high demand for the used wheels. Since there are so many users who are running the brand, parts will be needed. IMHO, the wheels are flat-out the best-looking out there.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:38 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

We should put together a Rennlist consortium and buy it.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
......I have to wonder what Fikse did wrong to get themselves in this situation.
Hey Mark,

O-M-G,..where do I even begin??????

These are not recent developments; they have been sowing the seeds of "implosion" for many years and the state of the economy simply nudged them over the edge.

If Fikse completely evaporates, I think there will still be a high demand for the used wheels. Since there are so many users who are running the brand, parts will be needed. IMHO, the wheels are flat-out the best-looking out there.
IMHO, they really made an excellent product but customer service slipped very badly in the last 6-7 years and most recently, the QC was abysmal.

Like you, I sincerely hope someone resurrects their product offerings while providing the customer support everyone expects. That will sure make them a winner in every sense,...
Old 10-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
Hey Mark,

O-M-G,..where do I even begin??????

These are not recent developments; they have been sowing the seeds of "implosion" for many years and the state of the economy simply nudged them over the edge.

IMHO, they really made an excellent product but customer service slipped very badly in the last 6-7 years and most recently, the QC was abysmal.

Like you, I sincerely hope someone resurrects their product offerings while providing the customer support everyone expects. That will sure make them a winner in every sense,...
Thanks, Steve. Despite the customer service issues that I have heard from some people, I have had a really good experience with Fikse in the past.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
911S3.6
Pro

Not unlike Rothsport Racing's current trajectory, eh Steve?
Old 10-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911S3.6
Since Steve is too much of a non-confrontational gentleman to respond, let me say that if you have a beef with him or Rothsport, you either need to discuss it with him privately or start your own thread. This thread is a discussion about Fikse wheels, not your issues with Rothsport or Rennsport.

BTW, were you just having a bad day and wanted to spray the land with hurled invective? https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...tion-seat.html
Old 10-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911S3.6
Old 10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Default You said it

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Since Steve is too much of a non-confrontational gentleman to respond, let me say that if you have a beef with him or Rothsport, you either need to discuss it with him privately or start your own thread. This thread is a discussion about Fikse wheels, not your issues with Rothsport or Rennsport.

BTW, were you just having a bad day and wanted to spray the land with hurled invective? https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...tion-seat.html
Wrong forum for cheap shots at Steve, the finest gentleman I have had any association with in this sport/hobby. Good luck finding sympathy here.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:57 PM
911S3.6
Pro

I would like to clarify here_
there was no cheap shot at Steve Weiner or Rennsport Systems.
Anyone who has seen my posts in the past knows that Steve has built me one of the coolest
3.6 conversions made; and has been a friend even more than a business connection for many years
and continues so, unabated.
As most of you know Steve by telephone or these forums only, a need to make this clarification is necessary.

The comment was made tongue and cheek, and obviously was not properly worded.
Steve has, besides an in depth knowledge of his profession, also keen insights into the world at large, and a HUGE sense of humor, which you would not be privy to if you did not know him personally.
Any negative reflection you think this has on Steve is incorrect, and i apologize to YOU ALL if that appears to be the insinuation. I can assure you Steve did NOT take it as you did-

Jeff Gamroth / Rothsport Racing, Steve's associate in the build of many of his cars, built/ installed the motor, tranny, and suspension components of this car per Steve's instruction.
His work speaks for itself.
The comment was made in gist of a suspension failure at GingerMan Raceway and was NOT meant
as a slight at Steve, his professionalism, his car design, or his steadfastness as a noble human being.
Rather, an installation error that was not in Steve's court.

now you know the story so calm the F*ck down.
continue please...................................................

Nic

Quick Reply: What's going on at Fikse?