Sponsored by:

NASA at VIR 7/24-26

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:31 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 930man
Arnie thatis a good price for a very nice car!!!
Thanks Matt, I would like it to go to someone who will enjoy it as much as Margo and I have.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:02 AM
VB997
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
YES YOU DO NEED A CAR!!!!!

SOON!!!!

TODAY if possible!

I'm looking but can't find what I want!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Had a REALLY REALLY great race with Derek Schwarz in GTS4. We swapped positions 4 times and were nose to tail most of the race (save for when traffic split us up). The race was a decided in a last lap pass at the top of roller coaster in the braking zone for the back straight. Working on having the video uploaded this afternoon.

Great example of a very light, lower powered GTS4 car (from what I understand) vs. our higher powered (313 rwhp) and higher weight (2760) GTS4 car. He dominated out of the hole and in the braking zones...I had the advantage in the draft at the end of the straights and in the high speed corners. We ran our GTS4 tune which caps a significant amount of hp from the top end of our motor and it was my first weekend driving R-comps on this car since 2000. Besides some late race oversteer that is likely due to not changing from our setup for slicks, I was very happy to see we could run competitively in GTS4. Sure beats running with the 600 hp beasts in GTS5 and watching them run away on the straights.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Brian, it was nice to meet you. Also good to see others there as well (Roger, etc.). My weekend started off ok taking 3rd in class for the UTCC. Then on Saturday during qualifying I snapped the rear driver's side stub axle, ending my race weekend. This is the second one that I have snapped, I'm guessing that 924S's were not meant to wear sticky 275's with an addition 100hp (both stub axles broke on hard acceleration of our fast right hand turns).
Old 07-27-2009, 01:00 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
Brian, it was nice to meet you. Also good to see others there as well (Roger, etc.). My weekend started off ok taking 3rd in class for the UTCC. Then on Saturday during qualifying I snapped the rear driver's side stub axle, ending my race weekend. This is the second one that I have snapped, I'm guessing that 924S's were not meant to wear sticky 275's with an addition 100hp (both stub axles broke on hard acceleration of our fast right hand turns).
Good to see you Tim! I had a great time as usual. ST2 was a lot of fun running with 10 cars. But, the GTS4 field was very strong with Derek and Brian running...kindof wished I had signed up for that but at the time only 3 cars. Plus I don't have to add weight for S4!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Good to see you Tim! I had a great time as usual. ST2 was a lot of fun running with 10 cars. But, the GTS4 field was very strong with Derek and Brian running...kindof wished I had signed up for that but at the time only 3 cars. Plus I don't have to add weight for S4!
Looked around the paddock for your car, but only saw you out on track or on the grid.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Looked around the paddock for your car, but only saw you out on track or on the grid.
I did the same but could never catch you there. Great driving!! The EVO hit me yesterday and I had to run with a bent tie rod the last half of the race. Hopefully get to meet you guys next time!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

The EVO hit me yesterday and I had to run with a bent tie rod the last half of the race.

Sorry to hear this, what happened?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:11 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lemming

Sorry to hear this, what happened?
He hit the brakes going into the entry to the upper esses and I shot the gap. He turned right into the side of the car. Said he couldn't see me because his side mirror was messed up. It was labeled as a "racing incident". Fortunately, the tire took a lot of the impact and it will be minimal body work. Sux cuz I'm about to put it up for sale and have to fix it 1st. 2 seasons and not a scratch until yesterday. Gonna take a break.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Bull993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Had a REALLY REALLY great race with Derek Schwarz in GTS4. We swapped positions 4 times and were nose to tail most of the race (save for when traffic split us up). The race was a decided in a last lap pass at the top of roller coaster in the braking zone for the back straight. Working on having the video uploaded this afternoon.

Great example of a very light, lower powered GTS4 car (from what I understand) vs. our higher powered (313 rwhp) and higher weight (2760) GTS4 car. He dominated out of the hole and in the braking zones...I had the advantage in the draft at the end of the straights and in the high speed corners. We ran our GTS4 tune which caps a significant amount of hp from the top end of our motor and it was my first weekend driving R-comps on this car since 2000. Besides some late race oversteer that is likely due to not changing from our setup for slicks, I was very happy to see we could run competitively in GTS4. Sure beats running with the 600 hp beasts in GTS5 and watching them run away on the straights.
Bryan, it was great to put a face with the name. Good running yesterday... I am still tired and sore from that grudge match! I can't wait to see your in-car footage. My memory card on my camera hit full capacity 2 laps before the finish so I don't have the final lap going into the coaster with all hell breaking lose.

Roger, sorry to hear about you getting hit, hope all will be ok. It was very nice to meet you and hope you can run with us in GTS4 next time.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Derek - Sorry to hear that. Would love to see the malay from your perspective.

I've got it all in HD. I think I've watched it 4-5 times this morning in the background while I work on other things. Trimming it up right now. It's a 2 GB+ raw file, so it's taking a while to edit and compress. I probably won't get it uploaded to Vimeo until later tonight. I don't think the company I'm consulting at today would appreciate me using all of their outbound bandwidth to upload a video.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Doug23
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roger - good to meet you this weekend. Sorry to hear about the car - I think the EVO driver has something for Porsches - he took Edward DePew off on Turn 17 and chopped me going into 14 during Saturday's race - Glad to hear your OK and no major damage to your car.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Kerrigan Smith
Advanced

#491 took DePew off at start finish as well!

Craig congrats on your accomplishments this weekend, you did a hell of a job!
I really enjoyed the Watts/Schwarz battle. thanks guys for such a great show. Please let me know where the video will be posted I would love to see it.

Thanks to Frank DePew and Richard Morauer for bringing us out to another NASA event - they are my favorites!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bull993tt

Roger, sorry to hear about you getting hit, hope all will be ok. It was very nice to meet you and hope you can run with us in GTS4 next time.
Thanks and it was a pleasure meeting you. Great job piloting your car! You guys looked great out there!

Originally Posted by Doug23
Roger - good to meet you this weekend. Sorry to hear about the car - I think the EVO driver has something for Porsches - he took Edward DePew off on Turn 17 and chopped me going into 14 during Saturday's race - Glad to hear your OK and no major damage to your car.
Great meeting you as well! It's one of the best things about this sport...the people. You were kickin' it also...nice driving! Sounds like the EVO guy was a menace to many. He was very apologetic though and seemed like a nice guy when I talked with him. I was pretty pissed to begin with...2 seasons and not a scratch on my car until then.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:34 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

He hit the brakes going into the entry to the upper esses and I shot the gap. He turned right into the side of the car. Said he couldn't see me because his side mirror was messed up. It was labeled as a "racing incident". Fortunately, the tire took a lot of the impact and it will be minimal body work. Sux cuz I'm about to put it up for sale and have to fix it 1st. 2 seasons and not a scratch until yesterday. Gonna take a break.
Roger sorry to hear about the contact. It looked like a good battle from the sidelines. I thought something happenned down in turn one when he went off.

Norm's car (Beast) was impressive to say the least.

Lots of great racing going on out there in all the GTS classes.

When I figure out how to stay on track and drive faster maybe I'll be part of it.

Quick Reply: NASA at VIR 7/24-26