2009 F1 German GP Preview, Predictions and Discussion - No Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:11 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,892 Posts
Default 2009 F1 German GP Preview, Predictions and Discussion - No Spoilers

With the long 3 week summer break nearly over in F1, most teams have new bits and pieces on their cars to test and tune on Friday.

With the Eifel Mountains close, this GP is always under threat of rain.

I'm going with Vettel for the race win. He's had the hot hand lately, it's his home Grand Prix and if it's raining on Sunday, game over, his to lose.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As stated previously, I am not convinced that Brawn GP has the budget to run continuous in season development against Red Bull Racing, so I think the gap between the two will continue to shrink.

It's hard to bet against Button based on out of the box performance, but in the long run, Vettel, Webber and Newey are a definite threat.

McLaren is done, as is Ferrari, at least for this season. BMW seems to have lost its way and Toyota just can't seem to be consistent.

Looking much further down the road, I see a close championship (both WDC and Constructors) between Button/Brawn and Vettel/RBR.

(I am not quite sure I am going to allow Sir A.Wayne out of P&C to come and comment)
Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
As stated previously, I am not convinced that Brawn GP has the budget to run continuous in season development against Red Bull Racing, so I think the gap between the two will continue to shrink.
I read a week or two ago that Brawn will have several new aero bits in Germany. Time will tell, but you may be right.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im sticking with Brawn and Button.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:03 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Brawn/Button here too for Germany.
Later in the season Red Bull/Vettel will get a LOT closer.
It'll get interesting.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Vettel.

FTMFW.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Vettel for me - but I said that last time too
Old 07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon Webber.
Is he due for a win in the Red Bull yet?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:16 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since A Wayne may not be allowed here, let me make a prediction in his place - Alonso will take the win. He will be so fast, that he will finally prove Einstein's theories about time and he will time travel. Thus he will be on the track in multiple positions and in an unprecedented finish will take not only first, but also second and third place. It will be truly historic to have Alonso occupy all podium positions. Yet all 3 Alonsos will still find something to whine about.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Since A Wayne may not be allowed here, let me make a prediction in his place - Alonso will take the win. He will be so fast, that he will finally prove Einstein's theories about time and he will time travel. Thus he will be on the track in multiple positions and in an unprecedented finish will take not only first, but also second and third place. It will be truly historic to have Alonso occupy all podium positions. Yet all 3 Alonsos will still find something to whine about.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:10 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 3 Alonso's?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Post of the week
Old 07-09-2009, 11:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm back amigos ..................................

Originally Posted by ltc

It's hard to bet against Button based on out of the box performance, but in the long run, Vettel, Webber and Newey are a definite threat.

McLaren is done, as is Ferrari, at least for this season. BMW seems to have lost its way and Toyota just can't seem to be consistent.

Looking much further down the road, I see a close championship (both WDC and Constructors) between Button/Brawn and Vettel/RBR.

(I am not quite sure I am going to allow Sir A.Wayne out of P&C to come and comment)
Nice try ................

This was predicted from as far back as Australia .. and copy righted

The has been that never was is now out of his 2 second a lap advantage , I expect to see his version of the f1 moonwalk continue ....

Originally Posted by Ray S
I read a week or two ago that Brawn will have several new aero bits in Germany. Time will tell, but you may be right.
So will everyone else ................................................

Ahhh, a wanna be amigo ............ITC give the man an application ....

Originally Posted by ltc
Post of the week
Ohhh, my , the Brown nose post of the month ..............................

F1 , The amigos ...... The Saga continues .................
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 924 Likes on 558 Posts

I like Vettel, but hope Jenson is back on form... Vettel has plenty of years left to get it done... wonder what Willis' exit will mean if anything, but it can't help.
Can't wait for qualifying Saturday AM- too bad the race is on Fox Sunday instead of Speed...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
I like Vettel, but hope Jenson is back on form... Vettel has plenty of years left to get it done... wonder what Willis' exit will mean if anything, but it can't help.
Can't wait for qualifying Saturday AM- too bad the race is on Fox Sunday instead of Speed...
Sat. should be good, there is a possibility of rain on Sunday ...................

Quick Reply: 2009 F1 German GP Preview, Predictions and Discussion - No Spoilers