Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My PCA region threw me out!! ADVISE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
I don't see how that's relevant either and I'm not nearly as old as you.
LMAO! Yup, not relevant. And Dave is not old....he's seasoned!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 06-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineMan
Pffffft...

You "racers" (not you specifically, Brian) can be the biggest bunch of self-inflated blow bags I've ever seen. As if "racing" were the only place to be and anyone who doesn't "race" is a hopeless, clueless doof not worthy of your interest. I'm pretty sure I witnessed the results of enough hopeless, clueless driving at The Clash to prove my point comfortably.

If a racer were to find himself in the situation Brian suggests, then it is almost certain that HE ALONE did something wrong by not following the spirit and rules of DE. If the "racer" is indeed so highly skilled as you all seem to think you are, then it should be even eaiser for him to control himself appropriately. The only time I have been surprised in my many years is when someone did something "wrong," i.e. not staying in place in line (dissappearing way off line), passing wthout a signal in a train of cars, etc. There certainly are people in advanced run groups that might not be as aware as they could be, but that should NEVER be a problem if the rules are followed.

There are probably a whole bunch of you "racers" that "could not cut it" in DE, and have found a better place for yourselves. I'd wager that in many cases both you and DE are the better for it. I'm not so sure if that goes for "racing" as well, though.
John,

With the exception of the first paragraph, I 100% agree with everything you said. Rather than go off-topic about the first paragraph, I'm going to start a Paolo-esque thread.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gmike
As a former CTI in this Region, I am familiar with the circumstances regarding this post and I support the CTI.
since you joined just to make this comment would you care to elaborate?
you may be more "familiar" with the "circumstances" than I am and I think some insight from you would be a good learning experience

would be especially helpful if the rules and regulations and policies of when and how a PCA region takes an instructors previleges away from him. like to understand the procedures and guidelines that gives someone that type of power. is there a secret committee meeting or mob I dont know about?

thanks

tom
Old 06-23-2009, 03:22 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

How do you "not cut it" in DE? When you don't cut it in a race you finish last. Is that how it works in DE as well?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:32 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd

would be especially helpful if the rules and regulations and policies of when and how a PCA region takes an instructors previleges away from him. like to understand the procedures and guidelines that gives someone that type of power. is there a secret committee meeting or mob I dont know about?
I'd recommend you take this off-line. The "powers" of the CI are nearly absolute. The CI is charged with serious, big time responsiblities of keeping the event safe. What happened to you is extremely rare and if you really want to explore the reasons behind it I suspect you'll make a lot more progress off-line.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:39 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave morris
I'd recommend you take this off-line. The "powers" of the CI are nearly absolute. The CI is charged with serious, big time responsiblities of keeping the event safe. What happened to you is extremely rare and if you really want to explore the reasons behind it I suspect you'll make a lot more progress off-line.
I disagree..it can be done it just takes support and a little time.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Lou L
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Just found out about this thread and here's my two cents if anyone cares. As a long time member of this region, long time instructor and PCA racer, I think we all have to remember that at DE's there is a large discrepancy in drivers abilities, cars, and experience. There are instructors out there that have never raced and who might have just been promoted to instructor. PCA de's are NOT racing schools and you see at every event a large variance in agressiveness, in all run groups. I know Tom and I think he's a good guy - I know he has been warned a few times for aggressive driving and asked to leave once - by his own admission above. I think we all - myself included - need to tone down the driving - especially when we are driving our race cars behind some of these stock cars and unaggressive drivers. It's a driving school - remember when you first started DE's and got nervous when cars were behind you - All i'm saying is tone it down at Suncoast PCA DE's - they have made it clear in the past they are a conservative region - There are many other clubs to De and of course - race if you can, I think that's where you are mentally at, at this point in time - I also do think this was handled poorly and kicking you out was too extreme - a professional face to face this weekend laying down the rules with clarity and consequences would of made more sense in my opinion. My 2 cents!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:46 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dave morris
thanks but in no way does that make any sense. you cant walk up to someone as the CTI and say I dont like your face you cant instruct for us.

obviously I wont be instructing for Suncoast as long as this CTI is there as dont want the hassle.
my ONLY reason for going to the PCA DE events is to teach and help out and that is what I do. this whole firestorm comes from the CTI and a few guys who want to remain nameless
how do you grow and learn from an experience like that. I know MANY of the instructors in this region and cant find ONE who agrees with what the CTI did so where are they? who are they.
if I explore the reasons behind this in an open public forum all can see and learn and that is what this forum is all about. I certainly havent overstepped my boundries or misused my authority without appropriate channels being followed.
would like others to learn from this as I intend to do.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:49 PM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=RedlineMan;6675610]Pffffft...

I'm pretty sure I witnessed the results of enough hopeless, clueless driving at The Clash to prove my point comfortably.

Amen to that, Brother.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:22 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lou L
Just found out about this thread and here's my two cents if anyone cares. As a long time member of this region, long time instructor and PCA racer, I think we all have to remember that at DE's there is a large discrepancy in drivers abilities, cars, and experience. There are instructors out there that have never raced and who might have just been promoted to instructor. PCA de's are NOT racing schools and you see at every event a large variance in agressiveness, in all run groups. I know Tom and I think he's a good guy - I know he has been warned a few times for aggressive driving and asked to leave once - by his own admission above. I think we all - myself included - need to tone down the driving - especially when we are driving our race cars behind some of these stock cars and unaggressive drivers. It's a driving school - remember when you first started DE's and got nervous when cars were behind you - All i'm saying is tone it down at Suncoast PCA DE's - they have made it clear in the past they are a conservative region - There are many other clubs to De and of course - race if you can, I think that's where you are mentally at, at this point in time - I also do think this was handled poorly and kicking you out was too extreme - a professional face to face this weekend laying down the rules with clarity and consequences would of made more sense in my opinion. My 2 cents!!!
Lou thanks your "2 cents" is always worth millions to be. I agree with what you said completely and will act accordingly. just thought the whole phone call a few days before an event I paid for and paid for the hotel prepared the car and on the trailer at the shop may have been a little overkill by an inexperienced CTI
I still respect the CTI and his wishes and will try to help out this weekend as much as I can since they will let me drive. lets see how that goes
Old 06-23-2009, 04:27 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,382 Likes on 2,005 Posts

I bet this is going to be a little uncomfortable this weekend.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:43 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

WELL I GUESS THIS IS NO SUPRISE.................after being told I could teach and drive at the event just by being on good behavior, after doing NOTHING but posting on this site I get this a few minutes ago...........email from the CTI of Suncoast PCA Mr fairness...........

The most important ingredient for successful participation and especially to be a good instructor and role model in PCA Drivers Education is a consistent proper attitude. This is much more important than how powerful the car is, or even driver skill. While at times you have been most cooperative and helpful, there have been too many times that you have not shown the proper attitude. Therefore, after consulting with several past Chief Track Instructors, it was felt that I must ask you not to participate in this coming, or any further Suncoast Drivers Educations.

So much for fair play and power struggles...............I feel sorry for this region and if this is how they treat people then so be it.

thanks for all the help and advise I guess I wont need it for this weekend.

WOW banned for life because I posted this topic, someone is a little out of control and it will happen to others!!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

You should drive up to VIR for the PCA CR!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:51 PM
bad soden

Does this come as a shock?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW banned for life because I posted this topic, someone is a little out of control and it will happen to others!!
Nothing good ever comes from airing disagreements on Rennlist.

Quick Reply: My PCA region threw me out!! ADVISE PLEASE!