Street GT3RS coverted to cup car spec?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:19 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy ****

HP on a HP track and that NSX has got a ton of HP! he passed you like you were standing still. what does it weigh and how much HP?

EDIT: oh that's right... you had shifter problems. OK, this NSX has so much HP that he passed cup cars like they were standing still. gotta be at least 400wHP.

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Hi Mooty,

Watch this video and let me know if you still think that Andre would be faster by 2-3 seconds "easy" in this beast.

The NSX running 1:30s at laguna on 225 sized front DOT tires.

http://www.gofastvideo.com/video/192...nal-Race-6-ITE
Old 07-10-2009, 12:55 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

400rwhp?? you have to be kidding. Heck, your GT3 pals and I run near 360rwhp! the camaro he passed has 440rwhp and that mustang that he was competing with is more like 550-600rwhp. Rumor between 550 and 650rwhp (we have heard there is a push for pass button or setting for more boost )

Yes, it is fast! think the fastest of the World Challenge GT cars. It made sport of the entire field of supercup cars from the pirelli cup that ran in our group and the Unlimited group. on slicks, he was in the 1:29s, and beat all the nascars, supercups (20 of them) and superproduction transam syle cars.

Yes, I had the shifter breaking issues, or the blown brake line. I think that race was the busted brake line where I was putting around. on the last few laps.

Originally Posted by karlooz
holy ****

HP on a HP track and that NSX has got a ton of HP! he passed you like you were standing still. what does it weigh and how much HP?

EDIT: oh that's right... you had shifter problems. OK, this NSX has so much HP that he passed cup cars like they were standing still. gotta be at least 400wHP.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

gotta be at least 400wHP.
I would call that a very conservative guess. That's a LOT of acceleration when he steps on the go pedal.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:44 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Again, its more like an admitted, 550 to 600rwhp, with a line to much higher with a cockpit adjustable boost adjustment.

The drag race at the start is a good example of power. the mustang next to him is powered by a Roush nascar motor that has been detuned for life. still near 600hp.

Those are 2009 porsche supercup cars he was running around from the Pirelli cup. they are on slicks too!

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
I would call that a very conservative guess. That's a LOT of acceleration when he steps on the go pedal.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Andrie Hartanto
Track Day

The man, the myth the legend!

How the heck are you!

Thanks for posting some level setting here. I think its clear your talents are well respected. Kip is REAL fast now, and his car is an absolute beast. The only thing that he might lack now, is real wheel to wheel battling. Its the problem when you build a WC GT car and run it in a field with guys like me with half the HP.

Sounds like you are doing well with the Touring car series. Keep up the good work. Come out and play with us again in ITE. It was good to have you out there!

Now, as far as you WC car. You mean to tell me you were running with me and then with Christian with only 240rwhp? Do you know Christian told me is VW turbo was over 320rwhp and I think his weight was at least in the 2800lb range.
I remember how close you were to Christian in that WC Laguna race.
Hey, dont worry about the WC touring guys. There is no one left except Seth, Clay with Bmerworld, the Real time guys, and a couple of mazda 6s. I think if you show up, you ca have 7th or better locked up.
Hey, dont sell yourself short. You can hang wth the best of them . After all, most came from where we all come from.
I remember running with Richmond when he was still tooling around in a BMW street car, Brandon, Nick, Prall, and a few others all have been out with us in ITE.

When you come to monterey, let me know if you need a hand at Laguna. Ill be going there to dig for tires.

Lets run again with SCCA ITE before the laguna WC race. This time I promise not to pass you under yellow!

Mark
I'm good, and currently concentrating in running at USTCC.

Christian VW was the fastest car in the straight line that weekend. Second was the SRT4. Those car can pass my car in the straight easily.

Yes, my car really was only making 240whp and have to weight at 2650 in World Challenge trim. In fact, my TSX now with the same engine only making 235 whp. I don't know where we lost the HP. I speculate Realtime probably making about 235whp with the 30% restrictor they are imposed. We just don't have the resource or expertise like realtime.

Look at the VTS and tell me how much HP do you think you can make. You can not port the head. In fact the only modifications allowed to the engine are raised compression to 12.5:1 and camshaft. The downside running a Honda engine is they already build close to the limit from factory. And rated at 210HP at the crank. With those modifications we only see small difference. This year, we will be a lot slower, since we will have to weight at 2900 lbs.

I will be at SCCA club race at Laguna in september in preparation for World Challenge. See you there.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Great to hear you are coming to run with us in Sept.
Yep, Christians VW was fast . he made no secret that he was putting down 330rwhp in WC T form and had a boost increase ability to 360wrhp if he needed it.

I know the realtime boys were running to the limits in HP , but they have always been a little mysterious as far as what they really have. Straight line, they seem to be even with the BMWs and we all know that they are in the 285rwhp range, (seen the dynos) but at 2900lbs with driver as we ran with one of them in our ITE races, with Prall , who was a top 7 guy is his last WCT race.

I guess if the real time guys are in the 240rwp and have only 2600lbs of weight, that would be somewhat close to the BMWs. Hard to say. Then there is the Mazdas. Somethings up, because Pobst runs 1:37s with the mazdas and ran 1:37s with 315rwhp BMW at near 2900lbs too. I guess they handle real well.

I hope you can find the hp to run with those guys, as Im sure you will do well.

See you in Sept for your test race, and best of luck with the rest of the USTCC season.

mk

Originally Posted by Andrie Hartanto
I'm good, and currently concentrating in running at USTCC.

Christian VW was the fastest car in the straight line that weekend. Second was the SRT4. Those car can pass my car in the straight easily.

Yes, my car really was only making 240whp and have to weight at 2650 in World Challenge trim. In fact, my TSX now with the same engine only making 235 whp. I don't know where we lost the HP. I speculate Realtime probably making about 235whp with the 30% restrictor they are imposed. We just don't have the resource or expertise like realtime.

Look at the VTS and tell me how much HP do you think you can make. You can not port the head. In fact the only modifications allowed to the engine are raised compression to 12.5:1 and camshaft. The downside running a Honda engine is they already build close to the limit from factory. And rated at 210HP at the crank. With those modifications we only see small difference. This year, we will be a lot slower, since we will have to weight at 2900 lbs.

I will be at SCCA club race at Laguna in september in preparation for World Challenge. See you there.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

wait, i thought you have been bragging that you only have 310wHP. i guess that was back in the day . 360wHP is nice and healthy.

i have no idea what this car was making so i thought i would make a guestimate at 400wHP from the way it blew by a cup car.

it makes sense then he can pull these times with 225 front tires. point and shoot on the straights.

i guess i won't be running with SCCA ITE...it's a HP game and i don't got much of it.

400rwhp?? you have to be kidding. Heck, your GT3 pals and I run near 360rwhp! the camaro he passed has 440rwhp and that mustang that he was competing with is more like 550-600rwhp. Rumor between 550 and 650rwhp (we have heard there is a push for pass button or setting for more boost )

Yes, it is fast! think the fastest of the World Challenge GT cars. It made sport of the entire field of supercup cars from the pirelli cup that ran in our group and the Unlimited group. on slicks, he was in the 1:29s, and beat all the nascars, supercups (20 of them) and superproduction transam syle cars.

Yes, I had the shifter breaking issues, or the blown brake line. I think that race was the busted brake line where I was putting around. on the last few laps.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:12 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I had 320 and later down to 306rwhp for the longest time, (7 1/2 full racing seasons) until last may '08 when i stuck in the larger 'Rennlist" sponsored shortblock.

The new motor is 365rwhp and is only 1.5 seconds faster (thats what 55hp buys you) . 2:01s to 1:59s at T-hill and 1:38.8 vs 1:37.5 at laguna. anyway, 400rwhp cant do much more of anything. The vet in my videos has 395rwhp and we are pretty even as he was 200lbs heavier. Now, with the bigger hp, I can hang with the 440rwhp guys and compcoupes with over 500rwhp, but we are all in the same relm. when someone goes buy you like Kip does, its no 400rwhp, its no 500rwhp, its in the 550 to 600rwhp range. again, you saw my car and the GT3s at the track. they are 355rwhp, Im 365rwhp near the same weigths, and kip would run around us at will and BLOW by! Thats HP!!!!

mk

wait, i thought you have been bragging that you only have 310wHP. i guess that was back in the day . 360wHP is nice and healthy.

i have no idea what this car was making so i thought i would make a guestimate at 400wHP from the way it blew by a cup car.

it makes sense then he can pull these times with 225 front tires. point and shoot on the straights.

i guess i won't be running with SCCA ITE...it's a HP game and i don't got much of it.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:51 PM
171mph
Racer

you saw my car and the GT3s at the track. they are 355rwhp, Im 365rwhp near the same weigths, and kip would run around us at will and BLOW by! Thats HP!!!!

mk
i thought your 928 was significantly lighter than a gt3 - these are 3400lbs with a 200lb driver and quarter tank
Old 07-10-2009, 04:57 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

you're on hoosier now right...or at least for the laguna seca race? no more throw away toyos?

i'll take that extra 55wHP thank you very much

I had 320 and later down to 306rwhp for the longest time, (7 1/2 full racing seasons) until last may '08 when i stuck in the larger 'Rennlist" sponsored shortblock.

The new motor is 365rwhp and is only 1.5 seconds faster (thats what 55hp buys you) . 2:01s to 1:59s at T-hill and 1:38.8 vs 1:37.5 at laguna. anyway, 400rwhp cant do much more of anything. The vet in my videos has 395rwhp and we are pretty even as he was 200lbs heavier. Now, with the bigger hp, I can hang with the 440rwhp guys and compcoupes with over 500rwhp, but we are all in the same relm. when someone goes buy you like Kip does, its no 400rwhp, its no 500rwhp, its in the 550 to 600rwhp range. again, you saw my car and the GT3s at the track. they are 355rwhp, Im 365rwhp near the same weigths, and kip would run around us at will and BLOW by! Thats HP!!!!

mk
Old 07-10-2009, 06:14 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I got a great opportunity to try Hoosiers for this last race. It was about .25 to .3 seconds faster. The main difference was in the turn in and constant radius turn feel. In my book,that is a substantial gain. I can more comfortably and more consistantly run faster times, so maybe .5 seconds difference overall, but the toyos are very fast too. (just a different style of driving with a lot more sliding around that the Hoosiers dont do as well)

I still will be running the toyos for practice and qualifying, and the Hoosiers for the race. I have two almost new new sets that were donated, so I can finish out the season with Hoosiers for the last laguna race.

mk

you're on hoosier now right...or at least for the laguna seca race? no more throw away toyos?

i'll take that extra 55wHP thank you very much
Old 07-10-2009, 06:19 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I have a weight advantage if you are comparing to a stock GT3. I thought you guys pulled out the spare and some other stuff. Anyway, Im 3000lbs with driver and about 1/2tank. Thats probably why I could pull you down the straight, with only about 10hp more. 300lbs is worth a couple of seconds.

Is this close to your specs below? I would think on the track, you have pulled out some stuff to beat the stock showroom weights. have you had your car on the scales?

General
Manufacturer Porsche
Model 911 GT3 2003
Powertrain Layout Rear Engine / RWD
Base Price Not Available

Dimensions
Length 4435 mm / 174.6 in
Width 1770 mm / 69.7 in
Height 1275 mm / 50.2 in
Wheelbase 2355 mm / 92.7 in
Weight 1380 kg / 3,042 lbs
Front /Rear Track F 1485 mm / 58.5 in
R 1495 mm / 58.9 in

mk

Originally Posted by 171mph
i thought your 928 was significantly lighter than a gt3 - these are 3400lbs with a 200lb driver and quarter tank
Old 07-10-2009, 06:50 PM
171mph
Racer

I have a weight advantage if you are comparing to a stock GT3. I thought you guys pulled out the spare and some other stuff. Anyway, Im 3000lbs with driver and about 1/2tank. Thats probably why I could pull you down the straight, with only about 10hp more. 300lbs is worth a couple of seconds.

Is this close to your specs below? I would think on the track, you have pulled out some stuff to beat the stock showroom weights. have you had your car on the scales?

General
Manufacturer Porsche
Model 911 GT3 2003
Powertrain Layout Rear Engine / RWD
Base Price Not Available

Dimensions
Length 4435 mm / 174.6 in
Width 1770 mm / 69.7 in
Height 1275 mm / 50.2 in
Wheelbase 2355 mm / 92.7 in
Weight 1380 kg / 3,042 lbs
Front /Rear Track F 1485 mm / 58.5 in
R 1495 mm / 58.9 in

mk
no i've pulled nothing out except put in a roll bar and lightweight gt3 seats. porsche tends to understate the weight and hp of their gt3s.

i'm looking at my last cornerweight done by JWE back in Feb:

"680, 625, 1071, 1020, total 3397 with 175lb driver". that had .25 tank.

these cars are PIGS! 997 even worse.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:57 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

wow, that is pretty porkey. that thing was turning pretty well for being so heavy. Nice cross weights (5lbs! )

sounds like the light seats are offsetting the roll bar.

just think how fast you will be with 400lbs out of the car! thats got to be 3 seconds! I did a test with a friend at Sears. 1.5 seconds it cost me to have his butt in the car. Im sure i could have endangered his life and pulled off 1 second differences, but it was at least a second!

Originally Posted by 171mph
no i've pulled nothing out except put in a roll bar and lightweight gt3 seats. porsche tends to understate the weight and hp of their gt3s.

i'm looking at my last cornerweight done by JWE back in Feb:

"680, 625, 1071, 1020, total 3397 with 175lb driver". that had .25 tank.

these cars are PIGS! 997 even worse.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

I got a great opportunity to try Hoosiers for this last race. It was about .25 to .3 seconds faster.

Quick Reply: Street GT3RS coverted to cup car spec?