Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to LSR for another fantastic event! And Mike and I have decided that Richard should have his own TV show after listening to his stories at the Manor Ho Saturday night. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Dave, thanks for taking both me and my son Brian for a ride. I know he got a huge thrill out of it. I was very proud of him getting promoted to Blue after one day in green. Not bad for his first DE. Clearly his mother's family. He called me this morning and was still on cloud 9. He's already talking to me about coming back in May. I was also very happy that he had Gena as an instructor. He really enjoyed learning from her.

Speaking of instructors, Viking, I'm sorry we didn't get together for you to ride with me. I really want to do that next time. I did get to ride with Charles and he showed me that my little miata could go a LOT faster than I was pedaling it. Gives me some goals to work towards.

I'm still feeling great today about the weekend. Can't wait for the next track day!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
It probably was, Paul.
After not being able to ride with VR for one reason or another I got a ride in the first red session of Sunday morning. I remembered I was riding with VR during the drivers meeting when they called the Instructors to grid. Had I remembered earlier I may not have eaten a BIG breakfast. After getting my DC10 *** into his commuter jet right seat we were off. I've never gotten motion sickness so I figured I'd be fine.

I guess the best way to sum it up is when I grow up I want to drive like VR. Other than thinking his right front tire was shredding (turned out to be the rear) on T8 it was an E-ticket ride.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 753 Posts

Thanks, man, I had a lot of fun with you!

Greg, a pleasure as always. Sorry my car was not at 100%.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
redcar1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you guys think of the 'rejuvenated' pavement from T7 to T9?
We were there last week, mainly running the 1.8, but did a few laps on the 2.9; and while it looks great, it seemed awfully slippy?

I had expected a full overlay, but it was just a rejuvenator.

Did that area get more grip through the wknd? I do think it is great that they are making the improvements.

Mark
Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Kinda slippy at turn in for 7 and 8, but IMO the rest of it was fine.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM
longhorn911
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone posted online any video from the White run group yet? I don't have an in-car video system myself yet, but I always enjoy watching video that others post and maybe even catching a peek of my car on track...
Old 02-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have got some footage. What run group were you in? what car?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
longhorn911
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

White group. Red 996 #221 (the one in my avatar). Thanks...
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Bah....so many people so little time, I did meet you early on Saturday AM.

You walked us to the garage where Viking was supposed to be.

Good luck with your first race, hopefully we'll be there.

I've been DE'ing a street 944T while working on a full on 944T track car, it's not ready but I sort of inherited an Sp2 car to use from a friend and local MG region racer that's building a 911......so, I'll have a 944 to use for the LSR march DE complete with PCA log book.

Again, great event y'all....,

T
Ah yes, I remember now. With the mentor program, I end up meeting so many people that I start to lose track of who I've visited with. I hope you do make it back for the club race weekend. Last year's was a fantastic weekend. I'm sure this one won't disappoint.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:43 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
.........And Mike and I have decided that Richard should have his own TV show after listening to his stories at the Manor Ho Saturday night. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
I am with you Greg! Just pour the guy some bourbon and let the comedy show begin.

What a fabulous weekend! Got promoted to white, did my first 540 degree pirouette (in Sunday's 2nd session) coming out of 2, going backwards (yes: both feet in did save my engine!) and looked Steve White straight in the eyes as he was trying hard to avoid me. Luckily I remembered the terrorist avoidance J-Turn VR tought me and got out of his way just in time....

Unfortunately Steve does not have in car video. Would have loved to share that with you guys on Youtube...

Looking forward to March already.

Joost
Old 02-09-2009, 10:44 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglobe
Found the money Russell. It was great to run with you again. It's been way too long.
You said it! Great as always!

Viking,

I did hear the rub in T7 at least on two if not more occaisions when you were driving.
Mike, I'll get some video up soon, but it's not up to par. I had a lot of vibration on the straights at higher speeds which wreaked havoc on the image stabilization. The original has some distortion, and the compressed version has lots of additional noise on top.

In the meantime, here are some frames from T7. Not sure if you can see anything out of the ordinary to help figure out what was going on with the rubbing sound, but figured I'd pass these along.

In terms of a consistent apex, well, you can figure it out...

Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I've hit that freaking curbing more times than I would like to admit. It never feels good.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check your videos when positions were reversed, and you'll find me hitting the curb at T14
Old 02-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jperquin
Luckily I remembered the terrorist avoidance J-Turn VR tought me and got out of his way just in time....

Joost
THAT'S MY BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Viking,

First of all, thanks for both the ride along and for driving my car. Both experiences were very helpful to me. I did hear the rub in T7 at least on two if not more occaisions when you were driving. I meant to ask you what it was, and then didn't get around to it. I think you're right about the ride height, and as I mentioned yesterday, I also think I've got it underdamped. I don't think I'm going to change it before my first race, but I know it needs some work. Honestly I didn't notice being on the bump stops except when Dave and I came off the transition hard. After next month's race I want to address the issue. BTW, somehow we didn't get traqmate times on the session you drove. That explains why the numbers we looked at were so slow.

I understand about waiting for the changes, of course once you feel the difference you'll wish you had made the changes before instead ! It's ok though, whatever works for you.

I enjoyed the drive/ride as well. As for the bump stops, when it would get loose quick on hard compressions(turn7) is when we were at bottom, also the tire rub was a pretty good indication, pretty sure it was rubbing the top of the tire or inner most top on inner rear fenderwell then, of course thats just my feeling from the drivers seat but my butt is pretty accurate usually.

I didn't think those times seemed right but was willing to accept it as I know I wasn't giving it my all. I guess the Traqmate may have turned off when we came in and went to the bathroom and switched seats and I didn't get it back on properly, sorry. Oh well, we aren't suppose to be timing at PCA anyway, you know what the ride was like and that's all that matters, no winning a DE anyway.

Quick Reply: LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?