Sponsored by:

LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:49 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by boss351
Wow, are the PCA DE's usually that well attended?! I had a great time once I got in to white but yellow sure was a little over-booked. I also lost 3 personal cherries this weekend, my first black flag (got two), first spin and first time out in the rain (though it was only a drizzle really).

Sorry I should have sought out more of you guys there, spoke a lot with TRT41 (David), very nice meeting you, and Jake Taylor in person finally.
Good meeting you, and yes the LSRPA events sell out in about 2-3 days. What a great way to spend a weekend, mid 70's in Feb.! Well done by all involved.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
amr89c4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was my second LSR DE and like the first one, back in December, it was extremely well organized and run. It obviously takes a LOT of volunteers and some key folks to keep it all running so smoothly.

Met lots of new people and everyone is friendly and helpful. Makes a greenhorn fell welcome and want to keep coming back. My blue instructor was great and I learned a tremendous amount and had a blast. I'll be back!

Thanks to all that put these events on.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:42 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OUTSTANDING!!!

Eon and T, it sure was good to hear some familiar accents... looking forward to a coshon de lait next time

Greg, congrats to your son for moving to blue!

VR, my ticket was getting faded, thanks for punching it anyway. My sloppy start on Saturday shows up on the pbox as laps averaging 2:10, but first run this morning, I got a few good clean laps and nailed some 2:01's. At least 5 of those seconds are yours.

globe, that 2nd session today was jamming! film at 11. (probably tomorrow). did you find your lunch money?

Richard, you rock!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

mike I owed you lunch.......
Old 02-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
OUTSTANDING!!!

Eon and T, it sure was good to hear some familiar accents... looking forward to a coshon de lait next time

VR, my ticket was getting faded, thanks for punching it anyway. My sloppy start on Saturday shows up on the pbox as laps averaging 2:10, but first run this morning, I got a few good clean laps and nailed some 2:01's. At least 5 of those seconds are yours.

globe, that 2nd session today was jamming! film at 11. (probably tomorrow). did you find your lunch money?

Richard, you rock!
I had lots of fun riding with you!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:59 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Same here. Gotta do that some more!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
mike I owed you lunch.......
Did he pull that "I lost my lunch money" bull**** again????
Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Found the money Russell. It was great to run with you again. It's been way too long.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:03 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Viking wrestles my 944 turbo. This was in Red Group Saturday before I pitched the 3 year old Hoosiers for some more contemporary rubber
Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsh
Nice to meet you today. Hope to make the trip to your home track sometime. I always have a great time in Louisiana!

I still need to ride with you , sorry we didn't get to go out, next time for sure !
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsh
Nice to meet you today. Hope to make the trip to your home track sometime. I always have a great time in Louisiana!
Nice meeting you too, and you should definatly make the trip down here sometime. This is whats coming up for now for the few people that were talking about making the trip one of these days :

February 21 & 22, 2009 - Driver Education Event at No Problem Raceway

April 26, 2009 - Driver Education Event at No Problem Raceway

September 26, 2009 - Driver Education Event at No Problem Raceway

Eon S.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eclou
Viking wrestles my 944 turbo. This was in Red Group Saturday before I pitched the 3 year old Hoosiers for some more contemporary rubber
Those tires were a handful, i still wasn't use to that soft pedal either. Let me get some more confidence in those brakes and I promise faster times !
Great riding and driving with you as always ! Thanks for letting me take it for a spin
Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx
OUTSTANDING!!!

Richard, you rock!

Nice meeting you Russel, depending on when you make it down here maybe we can arrange some crawfish instead

It was an interesting experience learning a new track and a big thanks to West and Viking for showing me the proper line as my version led to a few off track excursions It was a very enlightning experience riding with West

Eon S.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Chris Alvarado
Instructor

What a fantastic event. It was great to see so many friends again. There were lots of new faces. I'm told that there were only two Green students with any track experience. The rest were first timers. That alone is amazing and goes to show what a great program LSR has and how our regions are bringing in new blood all the time. I have a couple of short videos posted, just me walking around showing some on track and the White group being released from grid.

http://www.livecast.com/live/?clubregistration
Old 02-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Holy cow. I think I just figured out why I was getting so much oversteer in all the fast lefthand corners this past weekend: RR tire has a 4" x 8" (approx) section in the middle of the contact patch where it has partly delaminated one layer of tire material, with partial cords showing.

Wow. First time that has happened.

Quick Reply: LSR PCA Feb 7-8 at TWS...who's going?