Sponsored by:

Maverick PCA at MSR (3.1) Sept 20-21

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yeah, I wondered, TD. Looked for your this AM, but folks said they hadn't seen you even arrive. Hope all is OK with your car. Raincheck?
Roger on the raincheck.

As for the car, I drove the car home Saturday night and putted around the neighborhood Sunday. Took it to the shop today and their diagnosis was I had bad gas. Funny, my wife has accused me of the same thing many times. Go figure. Bad gas cleared up (on all counts) and all is right with the world. Car was given a clean bill of health, and I probably could have driven on Sunday. C'est la vie.

George even decided to come down and slum it with us for a few minutes. It was weird having his name on the roster AND having him actually attend. How long ago was the full moon...

BTW, John Gladwill deserves mad props for helping out so many folks this weekend. Somebody send him a cake or something.

Originally Posted by caygirl
Hey td - thanks for the parts run on Sunday! I missed all the excitement but I know Jeff was very appreciative for your help.
Glad I could help. How is Jeff's car? Back to 100%?

And what about you and a certain yellow car?

-td
Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
BTW, John Gladwill deserves mad props for helping out so many folks this weekend. Somebody send him a cake or something.
We gave him some luv.

-td
Speaking of luv... me & that yellow car are IN. If only it were a man. Everyone warned me of the difference between the 3 & my Cayman but I don't think I could have spun the thing if I tried. It was GLUED. Working out the final details, should be mine this week. Want to take it to Hallet next month & back to MSR for the Oct DE.

Jeff's car is fine enough to be ALL over my blue *** during the final session. Was doing a little lead/follow with Aust in front in a Z06, me, then Jeff in his C2. Then here comes Tom, John Wayne, Jones... BLINKING his lights at me like he was Hill in his RSR. Had fun but man, lost my groove this weekend... did shake it up in red Sunday.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,561 Likes on 821 Posts

-td
True.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:02 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Took it to the shop today and their diagnosis was I had bad gas. Funny, my wife has accused me of the same thing many times. Go figure. Bad gas cleared up (on all counts) and all is right with the world. Car was given a clean bill of health, and I probably could have driven on Sunday. C'est la vie.

-td
I had the same problem.

Very first run on Saturday morning, I pull out of the grid, and before I get to the end of the pit lane, the car started acting up. By the time I made it to the 1.7 track on the warm up lap, I thought I would have to exit the session. The PSM warning indicator would intermittently flash and the rpms would nosedive. A split second later, all was good. On and off like that. Got less frequent by the time we got to green, so I stayed on, but cautiously. After a 2 or 3 laps it went away for good. Never came back the rest of the weekend.

Later, Gladwell checked it out for me with his diagnostic computer and found zero PSM faults. His conclusion: not electronic; mechanical. Most likely cause of mechanical: bad fuel. Attributed to how low some of the operators are running their tanks due to shortages (water contamination in the lower parts of the underground tanks). Once the water burned off, everything was fine.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

George even decided to come down and slum it with us for a few minutes. It was weird having his name on the roster AND having him actually attend. How long ago was the full moon...
Hey, I haven't mooned anyone in while..... Ok, a couple of days.....

G.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George A
Hey, I haven't mooned anyone in while..... Ok, a couple of days.....

G.
assmilk
Old 09-22-2008, 05:11 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

True.
False. He's on vacation this week. Better send him something that won't go bad.

Seriously, my team leader (Wally) rode with me on Sunday morning, and didn't realize until afterward that he had been riding around in a C4. He said he had never been in an AWD car he didn't hate; they're pigs, they understeer, blah blah blah, but that this one fooled him. My reply: It's a gladwell suspension
Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ervtx
Yeah Greg, we missed you.
I missed me too. Wish I coulda been there.
...another guy flew an ulta-light-parachute-air-boat thingy right over the track. Which was very distracting, by the way... trying to nail the hill before T9 with a slow moving aircraft spiraling around about 100 ft above you!
That sounds like Jack.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

CJ,

Oh yeah, final clue: He is as wide as he is tall......

G.
gotcha

Originally Posted by eclou
Ok got a video from Sunday 3rd "white" session

I am following my "master race" buddy Dean in the grey Gt3,
he's like a mix of brett favre and jay buhner

Fukken A my car sounds great! BOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
that's what you miss when you use earphones! well I guess you won't be deaf so that's good.

Originally Posted by caygirl
I even pointed you by at the checkered. How dumb was THAT?! Wasn't my weekend. Maybe need to try breathing through my eyeballs or something.
lol I just kept thinking it was weird that they throw the flag at that station instead of the one coming out of ricochet- I really love making my car nearly tripod around turn 10.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:55 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

My performance box says that my best lap times (measured at start/finish just prior to T1) was 2:37 on Saturday, and 2:33 on Sunday. Does this sound right (I'm still learning how to use the PC software)? Good lap time, or no?
BTW, my times are in the 28's for the 3.1 at MSR. G.
Don't let G fool you, he's mega-fast (or is that smegma fast - whatever). He has a couple of track records. In his 993, he has 2 of the MSR 3.1 records.

For our cars (996's) the track records are in the 2:25s. Your times are great. Anything under 2:35 is awesome in a track/daily 996 on R comps. 2:35 is about 7% off the record pace. And, assuming that the record pace is a class benchmark, that means you are getting about 94% out of your car running 2:33s. I say that's pretty good for a 320HP C4-cab

FWIW, the Cayman S is a class above us and should be driving in the 2:22-2:23s (as race prepped; sub 2:30s in DE) and the overall track record is 2:13 and change.

Also, to give you some idea about the difference in groups, greens are running in the mid 3:10, with blues running around 2:50. Fast Yellow and virtually all in white pull that down to the sub 2:35 range. Red runs the same times as blue.

-td
Old 09-22-2008, 05:58 PM
cs jeff
Instructor

Roger on the raincheck.

As for the car, I drove the car home Saturday night and putted around the neighborhood Sunday. Took it to the shop today and their diagnosis was I had bad gas. Funny, my wife has accused me of the same thing many times. Go figure. Bad gas cleared up (on all counts) and all is right with the world. Car was given a clean bill of health, and I probably could have driven on Sunday. C'est la vie.

-td
TD... yes, thanks again for the parts run! Gladwell put the cam plug in in about 20 secs, then we slapped the airbox in and added a touch of oil and i was off. I missed the 3rd yellow session so they let me out first in green w/ Aust riding with me. Had lots of open track and he gave me some very good tips. Then I rode in his Ferrari in the next seesion. In the last yellow session I was able to follow him and Marilynn. They definitely showed me the line and I was much faster than my previous runs. I must admit that Im a better chaser than a leader. Now when she gets her GT3, I wont be able to stay on her like that.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:02 PM
cs jeff
Instructor

I have no idea what kinda times I ran...
Old 09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Red runs the same times as blue.

-td
Oh, geez...here we go.....
Old 09-22-2008, 06:12 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Oh, geez...here we go.....
Not you of course. I should have qualified that VR was just edging out the Greens. HWFM strikes again! bwahahahahaha!

-td
Old 09-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Not you of course. I should have qualified that VR was just edging out the Greens. HWFM strikes again! bwahahahahaha!

-td
I strive to do the entire track in 2nd gear, and no faster.

Quick Reply: Maverick PCA at MSR (3.1) Sept 20-21