Sponsored by:

LSRPCA DE at TWS 13-14Sept08

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
... and VR, can I upgrade my rain check to a storm check, transferrable to MSR and ECR, valid thru the spring of '09?
Yes, no worries. I am always good to my word.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:28 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

I'm with Mike on this one. I figure with the amount of insurance I have I am not even going to bother boarding or taping. I have cleaned up all of the loose stuff around the house, a couple months worth of honey dos in one morning. After the Rita experience of my neighbors and their epic road trips, I decided then it was madness to try and go anywhere and I am still of the same opinion. I am like eclou the I should get an excellent view of the eye as it passes over the house.

Several of my neighbors have already organized a hurricane party. So it looks like the general concensus is load up on alcohol and ammunition.

Greg, if you want give the guys here in Houston your mother essentials and we can check up on her for you.

Richard informed us of the TWS DE for next weekend. Think I will wait to see if DE budget turns into a rebuilding budget.

I see where UT and U of A cancelled their game this weekend. That would have been a good game to watch during the storm.
Boy this turned into quite a ramble.

Last edited by rlm328; 09-11-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: just 'cause
Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rlm328
I figure with the amount of insurance I have I am not even going to bother boarding or taping. I have cleaned up all of the loose stuff around the house
Got this from my sister this morning as the reason they would not be leaving...

"the house under construction next door has been abandoned all summer and the scaffolding set up for stucco is still in place, loose boards and all, and Mediterranean tiles are all still loose and stacked on the roof... we need to be around to protect the contents of the house"

I replied "HOLY SHRAPNEL BATMAN!!! Can you say Cuisinart? Get the hell out of there!"

No good. Anyone live near Buffalo Spdwy and Braeswood?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:07 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hang tough guys and let me know if you need some shelter in Austin.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Anyone live near Buffalo Spdwy and Braeswood?
Not very far from there actually. Maybe 5 miles. We've got lots of new construction going up around our 51yo house also. I'm more worried though about the really big oak trees in our front yard. I'd rather ride it out here though than be stuck on the freeway like what happened to folks during Rita. I know people who spent more than 24 hours "driving" from her to Dallas. No thanks on that action. Besides, we need to keep the roads clear for the people who really need to evacuate from the storm surge.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

RAMMING SPEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
I'm more worried though about the really big oak trees in our front yard.
She also mentioned that the roots of their oak trees were exposed due to the street and sidewalk construction.

BTW, there were more deaths from falling trees during Gustav than any other cause. And during Ivan (Pensacola), fallen trees were a major impediment to first responder mobility.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

She also mentioned that the roots of their oak trees were exposed due to the street and sidewalk construction.

BTW, there were more deaths from falling trees during Gustav than any other cause. And during Ivan (Pensacola), fallen trees were a major impediment to first responder mobility.
Thank you Mr Sunshine
Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks to all for the GREAT words of encouragement. I love doing this work for us...just wish we got to ride

Just stopped by to see my racecar at the shop where I keep it....The son of the owner was moving it in yesterday from where they had it parked and clipped the chain link fence and ripped the fiberglass bumper off....oh happy days

time for a break
Old 09-11-2008, 06:48 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

henceforth EClou with his gassed up, shiny chainsaw. army of darkness style

Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

The hell with Eugene...let's see more of that brunette's heaving zoomers.

Sorry, Richard...
Old 09-11-2008, 06:58 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am staying put until the a/c stops working
I left austin at 10am and when I made the turn onto I-!0 off 71.....I-10 was already bumper to bumper 80 miles out
any need to evacuate will have to wait
my mom and dad will need to be taken out if the electricity will take a week to get reestablished. I figure that the traffic may be lighter after the storm hits and we can head to Austin.

I went to get gas the store had lines around the blosk. I drove through their like a champ autoxer and took Lisa's suburban through their like a cup car....
they would only let me get $25 and in a suburban that surely wasn't worth the effort...so I waited 90 seconds and went in the store and was able to get another $25 since they didn't have a clue. They had raised the price per gallon .20 while I was there.

Time to do refunds now huh?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:07 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
Thank you Mr Sunshine
Sorry dood, having lived in New Orleans, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Houston, Destin, and Pensacola across 40-something years means I've lived thru 40-something hurricane seasons. and have seen many relatives lose a lot of property. After a while, it's hard to focus on being informed on the consequences. I'm just saying "be careful, and plan for the unplanned".
Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Sorry dood, having lived in New Orleans, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Houston, Destin, and Pensacola across 40-something years means I've lived thru 40-something hurricane seasons. and have seen many relatives lose a lot of property. After a while, it's hard to focus on being informed on the consequences. I'm just saying "be careful, and plan for the unplanned".
No worries Russell, just razzing you. We all appreciate your concern for our safety. I may be joking about the 'cane, but I understand what it is capable of.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

C.J., I was feeling a little down about the cancellation, so I went down to RUF over lunch to look at their GT3 inventory for some distraction.

I got to ride in your '08! Wasn't too sure about the red on black interior stitching on a blue exterior from the online pics, but in person it's gorgeous!

And that car is complete! Just add driver. Now I can't get it out of my head!

Quick Reply: LSRPCA DE at TWS 13-14Sept08