Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed at Sebring, need a new hobby

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008 | 12:10 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Is there any good link I can send my wife that describes autocross? I think I'll start on her about this but want to have some info for her to read from an "expert" rather than hearing it from me, who she considers to be a daredevil with no concern over my life. :-))

Cool story about your wife's autocrossing evolution Musl Karr
Mark,

www.cfrsolo2.com East and West coast of Central Florida. Gulf Coast Autocrossers in Ft Myers. Martin Sports Car Club in Orlando. All are great groups that I have run with. My wife has no problem and even rides along sometimes where allowed. The 1st time she closed her eyes the whole time. Since then she has gone along with my tracking, racing and the OLOA participation. At the 1st race she went to, not mine, a good friend was driving and she was jumping up and down and cheering him on.

Look for me @ a local AutoX, usually SCCA CFR in Palm Bay, FL. The next one is August 16/17. Bring the wife as we allow passengers. I will probably be in the GT3 but could be in a SC'd Clown Shoe BMW.

Peter

Last edited by 85Gold; 08-04-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Sp.
Old 08-04-2008 | 12:56 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MTosi
Just when I'm getting depressed about it being monday and having 5 more days of work, I read through a thread like this and it just brightens my day (not at your misfortune Mark, just the other bantering)....

I don't know how anyone after his 8,000+posts can take VR's initial post picture as anything but sarcastic, please he's just being humorous and lightning the mood.....

EXACTLY.

But certain delicate doilies from Palo Alto and CanaDUH seem to get sand in their vaginas at the slightest little thing.
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:14 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok, so I was going to send my wife a youtube video to demonstrate how safe autocross and noticed this related video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqR_8...eature=related

Of course it won't help that I argue that the guy was an idiot for getting out of the car. LOL
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:16 PM
MTosi
User

Ok, so I was going to send my wife a youtube video to demonstrate how safe autocross and noticed this related video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqR_8...eature=related

All you needed was to see the car and it was obvious where that was going....
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:28 PM
dblapex
Instructor

how do these damn youtube videos of me keep getting out?
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:33 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Of course it won't help that I argue that the guy was an idiot for getting out of the car. LOL
If you do try autox then get ready to put up with young whippersnappers like MTosi. You will chuckle when he shows up in a beat up old dump truck, but the smile will go away when he beats your best times by 10 seconds.
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:38 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dblapex
how do these damn youtube videos of me keep getting out?
At least I didn't leak the one starring you, a bottle of Mazolla and farm animals!
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

LMFAO!

The PA announcer was speaking Italian, wasn't he? I didn't know Italy was in the third world...
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:33 PM
jester911
Drifting

Mark, it is amazing how similar your situation is to mine. I had a meeting with a tire wall in May at Barber and even though my car is repairable if I continue to go back to the track my marriage of 25 years may not be.

Now before anyone says you need to set her straight she has already said she would stay with me no matter what but as dense as I am I can read between the lines.

The grief and unhappiness I would cause her just would not be fair and I would ultimately suffer from it as well anyway.

I may be able to go back to the track again at some point but it doesn't look like it will be anytime in the near future. That is my choice not hers.

Another similarity is that I also play tennis and have started spending more time back on the courts.
I am still able to beat my 16 y.o. son but that won't hold much longer.

Good luck to you with your decision.
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:39 PM
RDL
Pro

It sounds like we should have the first Rennlist DE and Tennis Tournament. I'm game.
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:39 PM
dblapex
Instructor

Originally Posted by BrokeAss
At least I didn't leak the one starring you, a bottle of Mazolla and farm animals!
that was not me. It was VR and A.W, that is why they are constantly fighting to this day. ahhh to be young and in love.
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:43 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Darwin: 1 Idiot: 0

I love evolution and natural selection
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dblapex
that was not me. It was VR and A.W, that is why they are constantly fighting to this day. ahhh to be young and in love.
Hahahahahahahahahaaa! Touche'...
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDL
It sounds like we should have the first Rennlist DE and Tennis Tournament. I'm game.
I'm in ..............
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDL
I suck at tennis...but I am pretty solid at racquetball.

Quick Reply: Crashed at Sebring, need a new hobby