Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calabogie DE ..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
TraqBayB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, my suggestion would be to shop for whatever you would need to feed yourself... it just makes life a little easier. The "community" usually ends up at one location (or two, if the group is really large) with everyone providing their own main course, and throwing something else on the table to "share". I will be baking a carrot cake, but don't expect it to last for more than one meal, and it will likely be served after Friday dinner. There is usually a social gathering somewhere in the paddock, complete with a firepit on the Saturday evening.

So I am assuming that Thurday's gathering is now up to 7 people? ..with Paolo providing the chef duties? For this occasion, I plan to contribute the shrimp & seafood sauce as an appetizer.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:26 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

We'll be coming in Thursday (Luke Perry and myself) from LCMT - are we included in that 7? I'll see what we can find to make/share, I like your fend-for-thyself-but-share approach
Old 06-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Toycar 1
AutoX

Originally Posted by TraqBayB
FWIW, my suggestion would be to shop for whatever you would need to feed yourself... it just makes life a little easier. The "community" usually ends up at one location (or two, if the group is really large) with everyone providing their own main course, and throwing something else on the table to "share". I will be baking a carrot cake, but don't expect it to last for more than one meal, and it will likely be served after Friday dinner. There is usually a social gathering somewhere in the paddock, complete with a firepit on the Saturday evening.

So I am assuming that Thurday's gathering is now up to 7 people? ..with Paolo providing the chef duties? For this occasion, I plan to contribute the shrimp & seafood sauce as an appetizer.
We will not be able to make it for supper Thursday - probably roll in around 8 the earliest.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:47 PM
TraqBayB
Intermediate

I am awaiting confirmation as to whether Paolo's pasta-fest is Thursday or Friday night... I may have been confused (which seems to be a natural state for me these days).

John & I hope to arrive there somewhere between 4:00 & 5:00 p.m. I am taking Wednesday off to shop and do a bit of organizing. Thursday morning I'll bake that carrot cake, and take care of the last minute stuff so we can make an early get-away.

I am looking forward to the good company, good food, good driving -- and let's throw in good weather too!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:34 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Positive.......Thursday night is the "carb." event......

Further details to come.....

Quick Reply: Calabogie DE ..........