Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer of my DE car blasts me on Rennlist 6 months later!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer of my DE car blasts me on Rennlist 6 months later!

The guy that bought my DE car last winter is now blasting me in the 993 section. He finally got around to picking up the car six months after he bought it, and NOW he's got serious buyer's remorse. He's even mad the car wasn't vacuumed. https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/436151-just-got-deeply-scr-wed.html

Any CVR people who know the car please feel free to opine.

Last edited by Lawrence_P; 06-14-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:26 AM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does he drive as bad as he skis?

Old 06-14-2008, 02:41 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

oh boy, here we go...this is about like wearing a steak suit into shark infested waters...

Old 06-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Well, I feel like a steak already.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:13 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawrence_P
He finally got around to picking up the car six months after he bought it,
Old 06-14-2008, 11:39 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the link. A crazy read!
Old 06-14-2008, 11:50 AM
joel-cs
Instructor

unreal that after all of that, he still hasn't posted pictures??
Old 06-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, an unbelievable thread! A buyer, who agrees to a transaction willingly, completes the transaction willingly, NEVER looks at the car himself before buying, and then leaves the car for 6 months, decides that he wants to be a "victim" when he finally takes possession of the car.....THEN, a pity party immediately begins!

No pictures, no documentation...just a poster asking "please give me some attention and pity" (check out the first pages of high drama and mystery!). When the buyer finally reveals the price that he willingly paid for the vehicle, the pity flows even more because the seller did something wrong by taking the money that the buyer willingly offered! Then to top it off, the "honor of rennlist" is declared to be under attack by the seller, and one poster declares that "a list" has been started of those who refuse to join the pity party without convincing evidence like pictures, etc. The buyer then declares "I don't think pictures are of any value at this point, and the seller and I will just work this out".

All of this with no facts, just claims and opinions.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:18 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Yes, an unbelievable thread! A buyer, who agrees to a transaction willingly, completes the transaction willingly, NEVER looks at the car himself before buying, and then leaves the car for 6 months, decides that he wants to be a "victim" when he finally takes possession of the car.....THEN, a pity party immediately begins!

No pictures, no documentation...just a poster asking "please give me some attention and pity" (check out the first pages of high drama and mystery!). When the buyer finally reveals the price that he willingly paid for the vehicle, the pity flows even more because the seller did something wrong by taking the money that the buyer willingly offered! Then to top it off, the "honor of rennlist" is declared to be under attack by the seller, and one poster declares that "a list" has been started of those who refuse to join the pity party without convincing evidence like pictures, etc. The buyer then declares "I don't think pictures are of any value at this point, and the seller and I will just work this out".

You just saved others 20 pages of reading.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:23 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
You just saved others 20 pages of reading.
The ultimate RL soap opera. I hope he keeps the thread open---this read alone is worth my $17 membership.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by K964
The ultimate RL soap opera. I hope he keeps the thread open---this read alone is worth my $17 membership.
$17, the price of "honor".
Old 06-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was a kid, I was sure that everything in my life would be guaranteed and I didn't have to take responsibility for any of my actions.
One thing though, after going to war, getting married, raising children, and burying friends and family, I have my doubts about that guarantee.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:08 PM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Default Damn

I wish I would have read your commet before Charlie....I too just waisted 45 minutes of my time reading the thread.

Buyer needs to move on!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by Bull

Nice summary, Bull. I'm embarrassed to admit I read the whole thing last night. Since when did a track car with fresh mechanicals (especially when done by Dan Jacobs) become a bad buy? Maybe he should have purchased a cheaper car, and then had to actually PAY for an air cooled rebuild.

Or.... maybe he should have bought a 964 track car.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
When I was a kid, I was sure that everything in my life would be guaranteed and I didn't have to take responsibility for any of my actions.
One thing though, after going to war, getting married, raising children, and burying friends and family, I have my doubts about that guarantee.
My faith in that same guarantee seems to be a bit battered too! Some day I may need to take matters into my own hands....

Quick Reply: Buyer of my DE car blasts me on Rennlist 6 months later!