Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maverick Region CR/DE at ECR 5/24...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:07 AM
cs jeff
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caygirl
A petition has been written to Porsche AG concerning the oil ingestion problem of certian Porsche engines. You can view and sign the petition using the link below:

Porsche Oil Ingestion Petition

The following links will take you to pictures and a video from my last DE, Eagle's Canyon Raceway in Sanger, TX - May 24-26, 2008.

Severe Smoke Pictures

Severe Smoke Video

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me. My contact information is on my profile and a link is also available on the petition.

Thanks,
Marilynn
We've had this issue on numerous other occasions also. Even during autocrosses...
Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
juddtaylor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the first 3 of my videos on YouTube. They are all from the second session on Saturday (DE yellow run group), and it's in 3 parts:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YGywXYrM-g

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtDl3t5oKTc

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8vVc8SDDVM

-Judd
Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juddtaylor
Here are the first 3 of my videos on YouTube. They are all from the second session on Saturday (DE yellow run group), and it's in 3 parts:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

-Judd
Judd,

tiptronic? Sounded like it was hunting for the right gear in T4 and T5. Were you in override mode?

Way to hang in there with the Ruf(?) in part 1! Thought you'd never get around him!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:41 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Judd,

tiptronic? Sounded like it was hunting for the right gear in T4 and T5. Were you in override mode?

Way to hang in there with the Ruf(?) in part 1! Thought you'd never get around him!
That guy in the silver car can't drove anyway. Wannabe.

-td
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by himself
That guy in the silver car can't drove anyway. Slow POS.

-td
Oh wait, that's me. Judd's faster by about 2 seconds a lap... I blame the tip, the JRZ and the Hoosiers.

Anyone catch Judd honking at the 944 to let us by? At about 7:27 (exit of T3). Too funny. He actually mashes the horn pretty good. I love it.

-td
Old 06-02-2008, 11:52 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh wait, that's me. Judd's faster by about 2 seconds a lap... I blame the tip, the JRZ and the Hoosiers.

-td
and you're about 10 seconds a lap faster than me... I blame... er, ... hold on, I'll think of something...
Old 06-03-2008, 12:20 AM
juddtaylor
Instructor

Judd,

Yeah, I was hitting the up button with my off hand on accident. I didn't figure out that's what I was doing until 2+ runs later. The good thing about the tip is that even if you accidentally miss a shift, it takes less than a sec to rectify.

<- me shifting

It was definitely in manual mode. Auto is wayyyyy to slow. You can't get any torque in the turns, and "tricking" the tip to shift with pedal stabs is not nearly smooth enough for driving as close to the edge as I do.

-Judd
Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 AM
juddtaylor
Instructor

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

-Judd
I liked the GT2 pass too (part 2). I pass him, then almost spin from lifting off in the middle of t10... then catch again at t11, just to watch him turn into an ant down the front stretch.

I pass 993RSCS and caygirl in part 2. Part 3 is just the rest of the run. I think I get back by the GT2 in part 3 (if not, it's in part 2).

-Judd
Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I was hitting the up button with my off hand on accident.
-Judd
I invariably knock the windshield wiper stalk once or twice per weekend... gets funny looks from the corner workers!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Anyone catch Judd honking at the 944 to let us by? At about 7:27 (exit of T3). Too funny. He actually mashes the horn pretty good. I love it.

-td
What run group was that in? Had to be the higher one, right... I'm amazed you guys kept your cool. I got frustrated just watching!

G.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:35 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George A
Had to be the higher one, right
Check.
I'm amazed you guys kept your cool. I got frustrated just watching!
Turbo! Fast on the straights! No pass for you!

I'm sure Judd wanted to be right behind him and ride his tail, but I hadn't driven behind/with the 944 before, so I didn't feel comfortable getting much closer.

I'm sure you noticed we both passed after Turn 3 - which may or may not be a passing zone...

-td
Old 06-03-2008, 10:43 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Check.

Turbo! Fast on the straights! No pass for you!

I'm sure Judd wanted to be right behind him and ride his tail, but I hadn't driven behind/with the 944 before, so I didn't feel comfortable getting much closer.

I'm sure you noticed we both passed after Turn 3 - which may or may not be a passing zone...

-td
I forgot about that.... You did pass there and I was wondering if they changed it to a passing zone. You know that where they had an "incident" last time (with the gray GT2).

G.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:23 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I invariably knock the windshield wiper stalk once or twice per weekend... gets funny looks from the corner workers!
I thought I was the only one that does that. It really throws off your concentration when you accidentally turn on the wipers, and then inevitably, I think I've turned them off, but they are still in intermittant mode...
Old 06-03-2008, 12:01 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
I thought I was the only one that does that. It really throws off your concentration when you accidentally turn on the wipers, and then inevitably, I think I've turned them off, but they are still in intermittant mode...
Just spray the washer fluid; makes it look deliberate...

Hey I just got this photo from blair... didn't think I could lift a tire in the C4, but I guess ECR has enough elevation changes...

Old 06-03-2008, 01:38 PM
juddtaylor
Instructor

Originally Posted by George A
What run group was that in? Had to be the higher one, right... I'm amazed you guys kept your cool. I got frustrated just watching!

G.
That was in yellow. I kept my cool, but only just enough to stay out of the weeds.

-Judd

Quick Reply: Maverick Region CR/DE at ECR 5/24...who's going?