Sponsored by:

Roll Call for HCR "Cups and Saucers" at the Glen

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 PM
joel-cs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver8
I respectfully ask that what was said at the drivers meeting be keep off of this forum. All of us who were there are in agreement that what was said, was disrespectful and not appropriate (yes I know that is an understatement).

Please do not let this negativity continue to seep into this thread. We would like to know what you liked and disliked about the event, and your thoughts on how this event can be improved in the years to come (drivers meeting aside). Thank you.

Aaron B. Ambrosino
Hudson Champlain Region PCA
Activities Chairman
Newsletter Editor & Webmaster
activities@hcp-pca.com

As Gary said, you can't separate those meetings (twice per day?) from the event. It clearly dominated and overshadowed the entire thing. I think most of us are mature enough to let it go, move on and have fun on the track, but it sure would have been more fun if the club was upbeat and at least put on the appearance that it wanted us there! As it was, I felt entirely unwelcome by HC.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:03 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

In summary:
Great track, great friends, great driving. A truly unique event.
I'll be back.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For me, I finally got to meet Rick Betterley and other fellow RL'ers.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by joel-cs
but it sure would have been more fun if the club was upbeat and at least put on the appearance that it wanted us there!
Joel, Thanks for your input, I will pass this on.

Aaron
Old 05-16-2008, 11:14 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
...John, no disrespect meant or intended, but what was said at the driver's meeting(s) IS part of the event for all of us that attended.
No disrespect taken... My point is/was - that conversation was for the folks that were there (as you were).. For those of us who were not - it is not..? If folks want to make the event better - then that's better handled by contacting the Region coordinator in private - rather than posting here - before those of us were NOT there, pig-pile on with comments/events we didn't see/hear..??

Like Monday morning quarterbacks after a big Sunday game - it's easy to have opinions. But - for folks that "didn't put on the pads and play", those opinions are better left in private to make the "game better" for the next week..

Best to ya'!!! And nope - no offense or disrespect taken by your post!!

Carry on..

JD
Old 05-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

- the reason i attended was because i attended the last years fall version run by HVR (awesome event)
Hold on, HUDSON VALLEY REGION is NOT the Hudson Champlain region. We are separate Regions with very different philosophies of how to run an event. When I put our fall event together last year, I did it with you in mind. We know that this is a market and we want your business. We run a low key, fun event with only as much organization as need be. Thank your for your support and look for us this fall with the same schedule as last year.

Please do not confuse our Region with HCP, I guarentee that the event will be run with the Philosophy of the Porsche club and you will not be disrespected.

Every HCP event I've been to has had the same issues from the same individual, and it is unfortunate that he is also their Region President.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm with ya John, I hope they take the comments and criticism by those of us that were there and use them to create an even better event next year. I have done, in my short 3 year "career" up to 40 DE days in a year and I vote with my checkbook. While this is a club, it exists on catering to it's members and as capitalism dictates it's supply and demand. I'm really not hard to please, and what happens out on the track between drivers I NEVER bitch about until I have gone through the event handler's channels. What always gets me is when the people running the event lose sight of who is actually paying the rent.. In business I treated material suppliers the same way. All is well until it looks like you don't want my business, then it's time to look elsewhere..

Originally Posted by John D.
No disrespect taken... My point is/was - that conversation was for the folks that were there (as you were).. For those of us who were not - it is not..? If folks want to make the event better - then that's better handled by contacting the Region coordinator in private - rather than posting here - before those of us were NOT there, pig-pile on with comments/events we didn't see/hear..??

Like Monday morning quarterbacks after a big Sunday game - it's easy to have opinions. But - for folks that "didn't put on the pads and play", those opinions are better left in private to make the "game better" for the next week..

Best to ya'!!! And nope - no offense or disrespect taken by your post!!

Carry on..

JD
Old 05-17-2008, 12:12 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
For me, I finally got to meet Rick Betterley and other fellow RL'ers.
Hey, that's right - you did get to meet some really great fellow RL'ers!
BTW, your screen name is certainly apropos.
Question - just how many GT3s were there? It was unbelievable. Event should be renamed GT3s and Saucers.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Somehow meeting Rick always escapes me.. or is it that Rick always manages to evade me?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:17 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Somehow meeting Rick always escapes me.. or is it that Rick always manages to evade me?
Oh - I have the chance to wave at Rick a couple of times each session - and he waves back after I've thrown him the passing signal...

Oh - you mean in the paddock? He hides under his car - usually attaching the next "go faster option". Look for a 993 with a a pair of feet sticking out from under it.

John
Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Question - just how many GT3s were there? It was unbelievable. Event should be renamed GT3s and Saucers.
Not including "Cup" cars, there were over 20 GT3's there, including one very slow 997 GT3 which apparently did not have a rear view mirror.

"GT3 Cups and Saucers" might be more appropriate.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver8
I respectfully ask that what was said at the drivers meeting be keep off of this forum. All of us who were there are in agreement that what was said, was disrespectful and not appropriate (yes I know that is an understatement).

Please do not let this negativity continue to seep into this thread. We would like to know what you liked and disliked about the event, and your thoughts on how this event can be improved in the years to come (drivers meeting aside). Thank you.

Aaron B. Ambrosino
Hudson Champlain Region PCA
Activities Chairman
Newsletter Editor & Webmaster
activities@hcp-pca.com
I appologize for my misplaced curiosity and that I started the "asking" portion of this thread.

I'll likely try this event next year.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Bob
You won't be disapointed... more track time than you can possibly use if that's possible.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
Bob
You won't be disapointed... more track time than you can possibly use if that's possible.
QR, I have only had dreams about that!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:10 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jeez, I know - every time you passed me I wanted to stop and chat, but you were gone!
We'll have to stop not meeting that way.

Quick Reply: Roll Call for HCR "Cups and Saucers" at the Glen