Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Call for HCR "Cups and Saucers" at the Glen

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 08:09 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

His momma should have taught him manners. Too late now. The club should uninvite him from any farther involvement. In my opinion he ruined the event, by giving it a negative vibe. As for the apology, he is a scum bag for not doing it on the spot.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Marty is an active rennlister and he did apologize right after he made the comment you guys are referring to. My spouse, who was also there, said she didn't find the comment offensive, although, obvioulsy, it wasn't appropriate.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey all, thank you for your feedback about the event. We are continually making changes to this event based on your suggestions.

I have posted some photos from the event that I took. Feel free to download any of yourself. I could not post all the photos I have, so if you don't see your car please email me and I will check and see if I have any good shots.

http://web.mac.com/aambrosi/Site/Advanced_DE.html

Aaron B. Ambrosino
Hudson Champlain Region PCA
Activities Chairman
Newsletter Editor & Webmaster
activities@hcp-pca.com
Old 05-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Van
Marty is an active rennlister and he did apologize right after he made the comment you guys are referring to. My spouse, who was also there, said she didn't find the comment offensive, although, obviously, it wasn't appropriate.
With all due respect, if someone who worked for me said something like that I would fire them on the spot. For him to react to a valid criticism from another member of the club (not a subordinate like he treated him as) with a personal insult was beyond any level of tolerance. The emperor has no clothes attitude on top of an aggressive, obnoxious demeanor has no place in our club.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a great event soured by one bad actor (plus the usual few dumb sh*t drovers). So, what was this "comment/personal insult"?
Old 05-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
With all due respect, if someone who worked for me said something like that I would fire them on the spot. For him to react to a valid criticism from another member of the club (not a subordinate like he treated him as) with a personal insult was beyond any level of tolerance. The emperor has no clothes attitude on top of an aggressive, obnoxious demeanor has no place in our club.
I'm with you Sean, and i'll add if it was my wife the event would have ended for him (and most assuredly me) about 45 seconds after his insult... I commend Mark on his tolerance and restraint and i'm truly sorry Mindy had to hear it.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Nice pictures, Aaron. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

I'm with Bull. What. exactly, was said??
Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 PM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now i wanna know also
Old 05-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 20 Posts

I respectfully ask that what was said at the drivers meeting be keep off of this forum. All of us who were there are in agreement that what was said, was disrespectful and not appropriate (yes I know that is an understatement).

Please do not let this negativity continue to seep into this thread. We would like to know what you liked and disliked about the event, and your thoughts on how this event can be improved in the years to come (drivers meeting aside). Thank you.

Aaron B. Ambrosino
Activities Chairman
activities@hcp-pca.com
Old 05-16-2008, 10:28 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

My first event of the sort.....

Yes, there were some slow drivers of fast cars who could only show their manhood on the straights.....

Yes one organizer in particular needs more "diplomacy" skills.....

But, all in all, I had the most track time time and fun in my car than of any event I have been to..... and that is what is important to me.

As far as the rest is concerned, it was just in one ear, out the other.....

Now why can't more clubs have open track events like that?

May be I should I start a new thread for that question......
Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver8
I respectfully ask that what was said at the drivers meeting be keep off of this forum. All of us who were there are in agreement that what was said, was disrespectful and not appropriate (yes I know that is an understatement).

Please do not let this negativity continue to seep into this thread. We would like to know what you liked and disliked about the event, and your thoughts on how this event can be improved in the years to come (drivers meeting aside). Thank you.

Aaron B. Ambrosino
Activities Chairman
activities@hcp-pca.com
You're right. I wasn't there, and I shouldn't have asked.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:41 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you were at the event or an Instructor at the event - then you will know what was said at the meetings. I was not there. By the same token - I was Instructing at an event two weeks ago - and by the same measure, what we chatted about in the Instructors meeting and the drivers meeting was for "there" as well. "There" is not "here".

Let's talk about the event - not what was privately discussed in either meeting, OK?

As well... For that - I would like to see some pictures..??!!!!!!

Have a great evening!

John
Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
You're right. I wasn't there, and I shouldn't have asked.
I would ask no one repeat it here also, though I know (from PM's) many want to. Let's let the chips fall where they may and leave it to Hudson Champlain to deal with it. I made my position clear both here and in my email to Patti, the event is a great one at a perfect time of the year, and she (and i'm sure most of HCR) want it to improve. Let's all wait and see what happens and be sure to answer her email with honest, constructive opinions.

John, no disrespect meant or intended, but what was said at the driver's meeting(s) IS part of the event for all of us that attended.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I received a email from Patti, the HC registrar asking for comments and feedback about the event.
After receiving my email, where I discussed the good, the not so good and the ugly, she sent me another email apologyzing on behalf of the region for any negativity that occurred at the driver's meetings and assured me that they would will deal with the negative issues immediately.
Case closed as far as I am concerned as this is a great event, with virtually unlimited track time at the greatest track in the Northeast, surrounded by fellow PCA members and friends.

Quick Reply: Roll Call for HCR "Cups and Saucers" at the Glen