Lewis Hamilton Rant

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 04:12 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down Lewis Hamilton Rant

As expected, off to another season filled with nothing but how great the open road racer Lewis Hamilton is . I'm sorry but until I see him win some races starting from further back in the grid then the top 4-5, I will fail to see why they seem to think this kid is such a "phenom". I have yet to ever see him actually come from behind having to truly race through the field. All he has done to this day pretty much is drive on an open track out of danger in clean air, so of course he is going to be resetting fastest lap over and over. The only thing he has done is shown that he can run fast laps. Like Martin Brundle said, if you put someone like Sutil in the same car he would probably be up on the podium also. Hamilton might as well retire now since he is the greatest driver the sport has ever seen according to the announcers. They even refer to him as the "World Champion runner up".

Last edited by potent951turbo; 03-16-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:44 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86
As expected, off to another season filled with nothing but how great the open road racer Lewis Hamilton is . I'm sorry but until I see him win some races starting from further back in the grid then the top 4-5, I will fail to see why they seem to think this kid is such a "phenom". I have yet to ever see him actually come from behind having to truly race through the field. All he has done to this day pretty much is drive on an open track out of danger in clean air, so of course he is going to be resetting fastest lap over and over. The only thing he has done is shown that he can run fast laps. Like Martin Brundle said, if you put someone like Sutil in the same car he would probably be up on the podium also. Hamilton might as well retire now since he is the greatest driver the sport has ever seen according to the announcers. They even refer to him as the "World Champion runner up".

I'm not a big fan of Hamilton either, but you have to admit he is impressive for a rookie/second year F1 driver, open road or not. Surely he has been blessed with an incredible car since coming to F1 but his skills are also incredible.

I am a Ferrari fan and want to see Kimi do well. However, I begrudgingly think L.H. is the real deal.

P.S. - It would be very interesting to see L.H. drive a race in one of the lesser cars. IMHO, he would still have a respectable run.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:16 AM
easyC
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like Hamilton alot... mainly for the genuine emotion he shows. He isn't mature enough yet, or at least wasn't at the end of last year... but he has the speed... if he can nearly best Ben Collin's (The Stig) time at the Top Gear Track in the rain while beating the likes of Mansel, then he obviously has the speed... you can laugh at that, but its shows he has speed. He is just very fortunate to have Mclaren behind him. I do think thought that Vettel is the most talented of all the F1 youngsters though...
Old 03-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

please change the title of this thread or delete it....many people tivo'd the race and haven't watched it yet. Posting spoiler info in thread titles is a no, no.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

He ran a great race and he won. What's wrong with that?

Sounds like someone needs to start a Hammy detractor thread...
Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I'm not a big fan of Hamilton either, but you have to admit he is impressive for a rookie/second year F1 driver, open road or not. Surely he has been blessed with an incredible car since coming to F1 but his skills are also incredible.

P.S. - It would be very interesting to see L.H. drive a race in one of the lesser cars. IMHO, he would still have a respectable run.
No doubt he has speed, but so do a lot of other rookies in lesser cars. I'm simply pointing out he has yet to do anything fantastic, yet people act like he is Senna or Schumacher and he isn't.

Originally Posted by easyC
I like Hamilton alot... mainly for the genuine emotion he shows. He isn't mature enough yet, or at least wasn't at the end of last year... but he has the speed... if he can nearly best Ben Collin's (The Stig) time at the Top Gear Track in the rain while beating the likes of Mansel, then he obviously has the speed... you can laugh at that, but its shows he has speed. He is just very fortunate to have Mclaren behind him. I do think thought that Vettel is the most talented of all the F1 youngsters though...
Sure he definately has speed, but let's see him come from dead last after having numerous problems like Schumacher did in Brazil 2006.

Originally Posted by Ray S
He ran a great race and he won. What's wrong with that?

Sounds like someone needs to start a Hammy detractor thread...
I don't have a problem with him winning. What I have a problem with is that I have to watch the half the race hearing stuff about how he is a "phenom" or how he is going to be the greatest in F1, when in reality I don't think he is any better then Vettel or half the other driver's on the field.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have a problem with him winning. What I have a problem with is that I have to watch the half the race hearing stuff about how he is a "phenom" or how he is going to be the greatest in F1, when in reality I don't think he is any better then Vettel or half the other driver's on the field.

Well how about in GP2 where he beat them. How about in karts where he beat them. He's shown the speed at other levels where the cars are much more equal.

Heck what about Top Gear where he nearly matched the Stig but did it on a wet track.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:36 PM
L8Apex
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Well how about in GP2 where he beat them. How about in karts where he beat them. He's shown the speed at other levels where the cars are much more equal.

Heck what about Top Gear where he nearly matched the Stig but did it on a wet track.
Can't argue that! (Some might try...and fail)

The kid has skills. He will only get better with time.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:38 PM
MTosi
User

LH................5 wins in his career, every single one from pole
Old 03-16-2008, 01:39 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports

Originally Posted by L8Apex
Can't argue that! (Some might try...and fail)

The kid has skills. He will only get better with time.
Originally Posted by MTosi

Correcto Mundo on all accounts
Old 03-16-2008, 01:39 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

As expected, off to another season filled with nothing but how great the open road racer Lewis Hamilton is . I'm sorry but until I see him win some races starting from further back in the grid then the top 4-5, I will fail to see why they seem to think this kid is such a "phenom". I have yet to ever see him actually come from behind having to truly race through the field. All he has done to this day pretty much is drive on an open track out of danger in clean air, so of course he is going to be resetting fastest lap over and over. The only thing he has done is shown that he can run fast laps. Like Martin Brundle said, if you put someone like Sutil in the same car he would probably be up on the podium also. Hamilton might as well retire now since he is the greatest drive.... snip

Haters! Sounds like the same crap we heard about Shumey... Hamilton is the real deal! Of course if you put the best driver in the worst car he's not gonna do as well - du'h - everyone knows F1 drivers' skills are very close, but it's having the whole package and being consistant that wins championships.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

I fail to understand why there are so many Hamilton bashers on this forum. Last season proved that, while he is young and made mistakes, he has talent. A "Hamilton Rant" can no more make Hamilton a second rate hack, than an Alonso Rant can make Fernando a mature, well adjusted race driver.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:44 PM
MTosi
User

It's hard to argue that if he is fast in lesser equipment, seeing as how no one knows. He's been running mclaren prepared equipment since he was 13 years old. I love the video of him at the kart track with the Mclaren van, sort of like bringing a howitzer to a knife fight. I think we all know he can go out and drive the fastest car around to win the race from pole, but that doesn't prove he's a good driver or a phenom.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:46 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lothar
I fail to understand why there are so many Hamilton bashers on this forum. Last season proved that, while he is young and made mistakes, he has talent. A "Hamilton Rant" can no more make Hamilton a second rate hack, than an Alonso Rant can make Fernando a mature, well adjusted race driver.

Low on meds , HUH,

Hammy will be good , how long before Heiki discovers he keeps getting the heavy fuel strategy making second place more obtainable than first ..... another Schumacher - Yes, the real Deal- yes, manufactured to look superior by back door manipulation like MS - YES
Old 03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MTosi
Winning each of those pole positions was an integral part of winning the event. I guess that makes Alonso a pretty poor driver too, see as most all of his wins have come from the front row. In 2006, only one of M. Schumacher's wins came from further back than the front row and that was from 6th, not the back of the pack.

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton Rant