Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA GTS Hoosier Tire Contingency Awards

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

I have no idea without the use of fiberglass/plexiglass Fred. Mine was 2515 (without me) and 1/4 tank. No spare, glass bumpers, no radio, no insulation, no A/C.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:00 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First NASA race

Well aside from the truley crappy weather, my wife and I joined Derek Schwarz (Bull993tt) and Derek's girlfriend, Tanya, for a wondeful weekend at VIR for my first NASA event. The normally 5-6 hour drive took us about 7and a half but still well worth it once we got there. VIR is by far the nicest track that I've ever been to and its always a pleasure to run there. After going through a pianless tech on friday evening we headed off to the Mexican resturant in Danville for a great meal and some good laughs. We had scored some of the highly coveted VIR Lodge rooms so we headed back to the track for the night and to get some sleep for the next days racing. After driving down in 80 degrees and sunshine we woke up to 40 degrees and spitting rain and the rest of the weekend never got any better weather wise. After some controversy about where my car should be classed I decided to help the other GTS2 drivers out by adding 75#s more ballast to my car bringing my weight up to 3200+lbs. I still had a blast racing with Jeff Curtis and the others and going pole to pole to take a win in my first event with them was really a blast. I really liked the diverse group of cars and drivers that were at this event and how nice most of them were. The officials were very nice as well and the whole weekend ran very smooth concidering there were over 400 cars there!!!! Derek also scored a first place in GTS on saturday and on sunday he made the right choice and laft the car covered all day and I took a chance and tried my luck with the track gods and spun four times in 7 laps, including spinning on the pace lap. I drove the rest of the race at 4 10ths just praying for the checkered flag. All in all still a very fun weekend with a new group. I hope to do more NASA events in the future.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Nice job Tim, congrats on the win! I plan on trying NASA at Watkins Glen this year if all goes as planned..

Originally Posted by TIM COSTA
Well aside from the truley crappy weather, my wife and I joined Derek Schwarz (Bull993tt) and Derek's girlfriend, Tanya, for a wondeful weekend at VIR for my first NASA event. The normally 5-6 hour drive took us about 7and a half but still well worth it once we got there. VIR is by far the nicest track that I've ever been to and its always a pleasure to run there. After going through a pianless tech on friday evening we headed off to the Mexican resturant in Danville for a great meal and some good laughs. We had scored some of the highly coveted VIR Lodge rooms so we headed back to the track for the night and to get some sleep for the next days racing. After driving down in 80 degrees and sunshine we woke up to 40 degrees and spitting rain and the rest of the weekend never got any better weather wise. After some controversy about where my car should be classed I decided to help the other GTS2 drivers out by adding 75#s more ballast to my car bringing my weight up to 3200+lbs. I still had a blast racing with Jeff Curtis and the others and going pole to pole to take a win in my first event with them was really a blast. I really liked the diverse group of cars and drivers that were at this event and how nice most of them were. The officials were very nice as well and the whole weekend ran very smooth concidering there were over 400 cars there!!!! Derek also scored a first place in GTS on saturday and on sunday he made the right choice and laft the car covered all day and I took a chance and tried my luck with the track gods and spun four times in 7 laps, including spinning on the pace lap. I drove the rest of the race at 4 10ths just praying for the checkered flag. All in all still a very fun weekend with a new group. I hope to do more NASA events in the future.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Bull993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you had a good time Tim. It was fun having you and Kim around for the weekend. Thanks to Hoosier and CDOC for the contingency awards too!

Does anyone know when Hyperfest registration opens? It will sell out quick I'm sure.

Quick Reply: NASA GTS Hoosier Tire Contingency Awards