Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody use these (pics inside) Griot's wheel storage hangers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:35 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill L Seifert
LVDell The rationale was flat spotting. But with Damon from the same business as John, I get a little confused. But I had an excuse not to build a tire rack. I'm lazy, so I am going to stick with John's advice. But the rack is cool looking, and at $129 you can't go wrong.

Bill
Just thinking out loud here...but if the issue is flat spotting then couldn't you pump up the tires to 45-50psi (look at max on tire) and then use a rack?

For most of you guys it wouldn't matter since you go through tires like gasoline.

Cheers,
Old 02-16-2008, 08:36 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingDog
FYI, They don't track whose number you use online and most stuff has free shipping.
If you can get Costco to ship these for free, jump on it. They're heavy to transport from the store.
I like them mostly because of the issues listed above, the tire isn't resting its weight to cause flat spots and you can hold a whole bunch of 'em. About two years ago I bought 4 sets of scrubbed in Goodyear G19 slicks from CCW and I was able to store them all on 2 double stacked racks against the wall. If I recall each double rack was about $59 or so...

Quick Reply: Anybody use these (pics inside) Griot's wheel storage hangers?