Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 11:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raikkonen over the moon with form of F2008

F1 technical.

World Champion Kimi Raikkonen is very pleased with the performance of the F2008. After setting a blistering pace during the three-day Bahrain test, Raikkonen declared that he believes the car can even go faster.

Kimi Raikkonen said in the Italian newspaper 'Gazzetta dello Sport': “We haven’t had any technical problems, the car worked perfectly as it did on the two previous days. I can't point to any problems, we are very happy.

“Here in Bahrain I have been going faster and faster. I think I can easily go faster again. The car is also very consistent over long runs. To drive a car like this is fantastic.

“It is already very fast, both in race and qualifying trim. And in both situations it is very light on tyres. This is because it puts the power down in a very balanced way. The driveability is perfect.”

This incredible form already comes before the major aerodynamic update which is scheduled for the Barcelona test session from 25-27 February.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:51 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts
Talking

Wayne, I got a new car...how do you like the key chain!

Last edited by mdrums; 09-15-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:46 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Pretty , but ain't that an mercedes emblem
Old 02-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
F1 technical.

World Champion Kimi Raikkonen is very pleased with the performance of the F2008. After setting a blistering pace during the three-day Bahrain test, Raikkonen declared that he believes the car can even go faster.

Kimi Raikkonen said in the Italian newspaper 'Gazzetta dello Sport': “We haven’t had any technical problems, the car worked perfectly as it did on the two previous days. I can't point to any problems, we are very happy.

“Here in Bahrain I have been going faster and faster. I think I can easily go faster again. The car is also very consistent over long runs. To drive a car like this is fantastic.

“It is already very fast, both in race and qualifying trim. And in both situations it is very light on tyres. This is because it puts the power down in a very balanced way. The driveability is perfect.”

This incredible form already comes before the major aerodynamic update which is scheduled for the Barcelona test session from 25-27 February.
These are the comments I was referring to earlier, should make other drivers worry a little when Kimi talks like this...

Howerver, I believe McLaren will be very strong. Faster than last year. We'll see how they fair against Kimi, Massa & Ferrari but I predict them to be more ahead of i.e. BMW than what they were last season.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:24 AM
TraqBayB
Intermediate

Terve Suomalinen! ... it's okay with me... there are Finnish drivers at both McLaren & Ferrari.

...just another Finn heard from...
Old 02-09-2008, 10:20 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Pretty , but ain't that an mercedes emblem
Yep a Mercedes key with a Ferrari key fob. I bet some guys will get hives lookin' at that!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:03 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TraqBayB
Terve Suomalinen! ... it's okay with me... there are Finnish drivers at both McLaren & Ferrari.

[bevis] Finnish chicks with welders. hehe hehehehe [/bevis]

F1 needs more drivers that just shut up and drive.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:04 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Yep a Mercedes key with a Ferrari key fob. I bet some guys will get hives lookin' at that!
The Alonso version had a "Whine" button instead of the "Panic" one.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:09 PM
TraqBayB
Intermediate

yup Stace, and the beer is out of the frame...
Old 02-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
These are the comments I was referring to earlier, should make other drivers worry a little when Kimi talks like this...

Howerver, I believe McLaren will be very strong. Faster than last year. We'll see how they fair against Kimi, Massa & Ferrari but I predict them to be more ahead of i.e. BMW than what they were last season.
I agree Finn. I don't think that Mac, BMW, and Renault have shown their "hands" yet.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TraqBayB

Terve another!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Massa not worried despite problems

Yep Kimi has MS car and Massa is now driving rubens car ! Status quo is in effect

By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde Monday, February 11th 2008, 11:33 GMT

Felipe Massa during testing at Bahrain is not too worried about Ferrari's reliability issues during testing at the Bahrain circuit.

Massa suffered an engine failure that cut his running short yesterday, just one day after his progress had been halted by a hydraulic glitch in the F2008.

The Brazilian, however, reckons yesterday's problem was not serious, and he was left positive despite failing to complete his scheduled programme.

"It was a positive day, even though I didn't complete the race simulation because of an engine problem," Massa told Gazzetta dello Sport. "It's been taken off the chassis to investigate.

"The feeling is that it's not a serious failure, and that it's possible to solve it before the Australian GP.

"We would all have preferred to finish the GP (simulation), but it's better for the problems to come up now and not in the first GP, as in 2007 and at my disadvantage."

Despite the problems, the Ferrari driver is still upbeat about the F2008's performance so far.

"I like the car: it's not yet the definitive one for the first GP, but the performance and the reliability are excellent," the Brazilian added.

"The laptimes are good both compared to last year and compared to Toyota's. Comparisons with the rest will come soon. We are already more than satisfied, because we know we'll further improve."
Old 02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still trying to get this to page 3 Wayne?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:08 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Raikkonen ends Bahrain test on top

LOL, larry no worries it will get there ........
Ferrari tops Toyota

On the final day of testing at the Bahrain International Circuit, Kimi Raikkonen was again on top of the timesheets. Raikkonen was followed by team mate Felipe Massa and the Toyota duo: Trulli and Glock. Tomorrow, the other nine F1 teams will kick-off their three-day test session at Jerez.

Results
1. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:30.015 61
2. Massa Ferrari 1:30.190 70
3. Trulli Toyota 1:30.944 91
4. Glock Toyota 1:31.213 93
Old 02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Massa ends Bahrain test on top

Massa times are much slower than Kimi times before , so this might be with a heavy fuel load, race pace ? maybe.

F1news.com
Monday, 11, February, 2008, 16:50

Ferrari's Felipe Massa set the pace on the final day of testing in Bahrain on Monday, though his 1m31.189s was more than a second short of matching team-mate Kimi Raikkonen's best from Sunday.

The Brazilian, who dismissed the reliability problems he and the world champion had suffered over the weekend at Sakhir as 'not serious' in the Italian press, completed 91 laps today while focussing on set-up and general development of the F2008.

Talking to Gazzetta dello Sport yesterday, Massa also concurred with Raikkonen's assessment that Ferrari's new car was already a very fast machine.

"I like the car: it's not yet the definitive one for Melbourne, but the performance and the reliability are excellent," he said.

"The lap times are good both compared to last year and compared to Toyota's (the only other team currently testing in the Middle East).

"Comparisons with the rest will come soon. We are already more than satisfied, because we know we'll further improve."

Toyota's Timo Glock gave his team a timely boost by setting the second quickest time ahead of the hitherto dominant Raikkonen, while Jarno Trulli ended the day fourth fastest.

“It was a good day for us," said Glock.

"We did a lot of work on set-up and tried several things so in the end it has been worthwhile; we can be happy with the results.

"Today we looked at set-up over a longer distance and made some improvements but we still have to work hard. It has been an important test here and it has gone well.

"It was a good possibility to test in higher temperatures and we looked at car balance in warmer conditions as well as cooling.”

Testing times from Sakhir (February 11)

1. MASSA Ferrari 1m31.181s

2. GLOCK Toyota 1m31.209s

3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1m31.329s
4. TRULLI Toyota 1m31.689s

Quick Reply: Where are the Kimi detractors 08