Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:43 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,873 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
Oh, I disagree. That's one thing about Alonso that seems to get him into trouble; he can't keep his thoughts to himself. Compare him to the king of control, MS. Michael never complained publicly and never let on about the shortcomings of his team or himself (if he had any!).
You are correct on every count, sir.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete
You are correct on every count, sir.
+100
Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would agree , they both go about it differently , Schumacher likes to keep everything quite and behind close doors

like his contract or the time he tried to hide from monty that he had recovered from his injury or the best one yet , this one poor barrichello , the first WDC every booed , by his own , on a victory podium , i bet he would like to have kept this one private too like the others . Pleeeese the guy was a fraud at best ......the look on ralf's face said it all,,,,, LOL, what a champion.....never complained pleaseeeee...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltbjr...eature=related
Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I didn't see anywhere in that piece that he was complaining. HAHA

You just love to hate. Don't worry, the first race is now less than 4 weeks away. We'll all have our chance to see what Alonso can do as the clear #1 again. Obviously he wasn't much with equal status against a rookie.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hate ! not to worry , a webster for you my friend

4 race wins and second in points from a team trying to sabotage his results , i would say he did well....
Old 02-19-2008, 09:51 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
4 race wins and second in points from a team trying to sabotage his results , i would say he did well....
Sabotage is such an ugly word. If they didn't want him to win the title, they could have pulled him. Not to get too technical, but the record books will forever have Alonso in 3rd place for 2007 behind Kimi and Hamilton by virtue of the tie breaker.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sabotage...............LOL.

It was blatantly obvious Alonso was the main guy until Hamilton EARNED more points that he did in like cars. At that point he had to share the throne, and couldnt take it.

Yeah, sounds like sabotage to me.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:02 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Not to take A Wayne's side, but nobody here knows what went on behind closed doors at Mac. Hamilton has been RD's boy for at least 10 years and when push came to shove, who's side do you think Ron and of course, the rest of the squad was on. There must have been alot of internal politics going on and Alonso surely was the loser in that regard. On the other hand, nobody, especially Alosno expected Hamilton to be so good in his first year. I don't know about sabotage but clearly the favorite at Mac was Hamilton from day one. Alonso was just an insurance policy until Hamilton got up to speed. Since that didn't take long, RD was ready to cut Alosno loose.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:32 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
when push came to shove, who's side do you think Ron and of course, the rest of the squad was on.
And Alonso tried to combat that by paying his own money to the crew. Some say there is a history of Alonso paying his crew from race winnings and that might be true, but you can see how divisive this can be when one crew is basically getting paid twice for the same work and the other side of the garage is not. Whether McLaren had a policy in place where this sort of thing is allowed or not is unknown.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

And Alonso tried to combat that by paying his own money to the crew. Some say there is a history of Alonso paying his crew from race winnings and that might be true, but you can see how divisive this can be when one crew is basically getting paid twice for the same work and the other side of the garage is not. Whether McLaren had a policy in place where this sort of thing is allowed or not is unknown.

Alonso has always done so from his karting days and it was against Mclaren's policy so he stopped. The British press M3 pete and the other amigos tried to make it look like something sinister , it was not , in actuality it was not a large sum of monies just enough to show appreciation for the work put in. Dennis was favoring Hamilton in every way , i realize the MS nutswingers have a hard time dealing with this , but it is what it is...............................

Pete ! If you had raced you would realize most racers are superstitious and will not deviate from what routine they view as bringing them luck and success, be it a helmet type , shoe style or type of cereal in the morning, Alonso did this from his early days of karting and it has become a tradition for him ..

Schumacher was the same way , he always kept his contract in the car , he said it always brought him luck
Old 02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
wanna911
Race Car

LOL, specualtion is grandeur isnt it. If many of you actually knew how LITTLE the press actually knows it would make all this bickering go away.

Back to your conspiracy against Alonso theories.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't get your panties in a bunch there big boy. Re-read my post. It is in no way an attack on Alonso. I'm trying my best to be as objective as possible and not get into your name calling as you often stoop to doing. I also don't go back and refer to drivers that have been retired for 2 years or more and attack them. Let's stay in the here and now.

My comments were that if one set of crew members are getting a bonus and the other is not, that cannot be looked upon as anything but divisive. Whether Alonso has done it from his karting days or not, I'll take your word for it that it was against McLaren policy and he should have known that from the outset.

BTW, I used to race Rotax and after a main event win, I'd never change my underwear until I lost because of the luck factor. I also crewed for myself and was never paid a bonus so my alter ego would never be offended and slighted.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

BTW, I used to race Rotax and after a main event win, I'd never change my underwear until I lost because of the luck factor. I also crewed for myself and was never paid a bonus so my alter ego would never be offended and slighted.

enough said , I think the underwear part killed all but your Nascar future
Old 02-20-2008, 02:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
enough said , I think the underwear part killed all but your Nascar future
Do you know something I don't....... perhaps commando style?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

BTW, I used to race Rotax and after a main event win, I'd never change my underwear
Obviously you weren't going fast enough then.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3