Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Lewis? You mean you didn't give him our gift, "Michael Schumacher, The Whole Story", signed by all three amigos?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
All those videos where posted here last year and atthe time we had discussed the differing driving styles , well before the 3 amigos started littering the post with their negative conjectures..... Nice to see we can now get back to content.........
Littering?
I actually like to recycle whenever possible, thank you very much.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
What happened?

I take a few days off to go to FL karting with my son (A. Wayne didn't show up at the paddock....I knew I shouldn't have wasted the money buying all those cardboard Alonso cutouts) and Alonso#2 is closed/gone?
Well after walking around for 1 Hr trying to find someone i only know as lewis with a paddock full of a thousand karts and people , i gave up after saying ITC, Lewis , ITC Lewis 50 times , MS nut hugger , Ms Nut hugger , plenty wierd stares but no one fessed up, so we went of to watch my friends kids race he was on pole ( muir) We left at 5 :15 pm great event , wow a lot bigger than i would imagine, i had wanted to see the shifters , but have to work OOT this coming weekend ...
If you are racing this weekend PM me your Cell no , it would make a big difference in finding you , Really a super big karting event ......
Old 02-11-2008, 01:27 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Lewis? You mean you didn't give him our gift, "Michael Schumacher, The Whole Story", signed by all three amigos?

He might have been drinking with the Finn
no! we are doing that on Wednesday , and ohh ITC , your welcome for the weather , i believe it is a bit chilly in your loocallll right now
Old 02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

no! we are doing that on Wednesday , and ohh ITC , your welcome for the weather , i believe it is a bit chilly in your loocallll right now
Thanks for the Saturday night thunderstorm/downpour......nothing like sitting in 2 inches of water, submerged extention cords, fuel and trying to work on your kid's karts.

Yes, I'll be there this coming (CIK) weekend, my son's running JICA (same kart# 353), only his second time, so it should be fun.

If you found the PSL Karting tent/transporter (it's hard to miss, like the Tony Kart transporter), we were right behind you.....our trailer/tents were against the fence on the front stretch, about 25' past start finish.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Thanks for the Saturday night thunderstorm/downpour......nothing like sitting in 2 inches of water, submerged extention cords, fuel and trying to work on your kid's karts.

Yes, I'll be there this coming (CIK) weekend, my son's running JICA (same kart# 353), only his second time, so it should be fun.

If you found the PSL Karting tent/transporter (it's hard to miss, like the Tony Kart transporter), we were right behind you.....our trailer/tents were against the fence on the front stretch, about 25' past start finish.
we where behind the tony kart tent towards the front straight , as we watched most of the race at that fence standing in the red pickup truck....
Old 02-11-2008, 04:31 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

So you were in the Advanced Karting pits?

We were right next to you on the left, 2 tents, 1 black trailer from New York....same for this weekend.....close enough for me to detecting anyone even thinking of MS.

The kids were standing at the fence on some concrete cinderblocks and some cardboar chassis boxes to watch the racing when they weren't on track.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

Wayne, just wear your I "heart" Alonso T-shirt. Lewis will find you.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:02 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso joins the action at Jerez

f1 technical.com

The ING Renault F1 Team remained in Jerez today to continue its winter testing programme in preparation for the new season. Conditions were warm and sunny, but windy conditions remained throughout the day and the team had to adapt its programme accordingly.

The team continued to operate a two-car programme, with Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet on driving duty. Fernando experienced some minor problems in the morning, but had a trouble-free afternoon and was able to test parts that were not affected by the windy conditions.

Nelson operated a similar programme, with set-up work in the morning, and then completed some longer runs in the afternoon. At the same time he was able to conduct the usual test procedures, including installation laps, starts, and pit-stop practice.

At the end of the day Fernando had covered 104 laps, with a best time of 1'19.710, while Nelson completed 110 laps, with a best lap of 1'20.014.

For the final day of running tomorrow, Nelson remains in the car and will be joined by fellow Brazilian Lucas Di Grassi, who will build on the work he completed with the team yesterday.

Fernando Alonso: "Like all teams here we struggled with the very windy conditions. But we tried to make the most of the day and tested some important parts of the car that were not affected by the wind. So we did some useful work, but we will have to concentrate on the performance of the car later on in February."

Nelson Piquet: "We carried out the same programme as yesterday, which went well, although we had to cope with the wind, which was not ideal. Still, we covered lots of laps and I completed a race distance in the afternoon, just as we did yesterday. It has been good to cover so many miles in the last couple of days as it is important for my preparation as a race driver, and hopefully tomorrow we will be able to continue doing that."

Christian Silk, Chief Test Engineer: "We had to adapt the programme today because of the weather conditions, which made learning much about the set-up of the car quite difficult, especially in the afternoon. Nelson had a god day and completed his programme of set-up work in the morning and a race distance in the afternoon. With Fernando we had some minor problems which made for a slow morning, but in the afternoon the car ran without any problems. We did not manage to complete the set-up work we wanted but we did some brake testing instead."

Fernando Alonso R28-02, 104 laps, 456 km, fastest lap: 1'19.710
Nelson Piquet R28-01, 110 laps, 483 km, fastest lap: 1'20.014
Old 02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

f1 technical.com

Fernando experienced some minor problems in the morning, but had a trouble-free afternoon
Fernando was fine after 800 mg of Ibuprofen and the prompt delivery of some feminine hygiene products. Then his attitude improved enough that the team didn't want to kick the $hit out of him.

Here's one detractor checking in.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar
Here's one detractor checking in.
I "heart" Alonso t-shirt sales are not going to be good if this keeps up.

Alo, fans stand up and be counted.

Where are the fans (beyond Wayne)? Announce yourselves!!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Marc Gene , Renault maybe sandbagging !!

Second Ferrari test driver Marc Gene has added his voice to suspicions that Renault has been sandbagging in winter tests.

The Spaniard explained to the sports daily Marca that, although countryman Fernando Alonso and the French team have not been standout performers with the R28, it is often misleading to rely on the pecking order of pre-season time sheets.

Gene, who will attend every Grand Prix this year for Ferrari, agrees that the Maranello built F2008 will arrive in Australia for the first race next month in very competitive form.

"Of the rest, we will see," the 33-year-old said, refusing to rule out that Alonso and Renault will be the 'surprise' of the upcoming Albert Park event.

"Although they have not been the best in testing, they knew since April of last year that their car was not working well enough, and they started then working for 2008.

"It is possible that we are witnessing a wolf in sheep's clothing and that Fernando will be at the front again," Gene added.
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 02-18-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:35 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

"It is possible that we are witnessing a wolf in sheep's clothing and that Fernando will be at the front again," Gene added.
Last year he was a wolf in a princess's clothing!
Blah, blah blah.... Until the first race happens, nobody knows what is going through Alonso's head.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:13 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

We will all know in a few weeks but we will never really know what is going through Alonso's noggin!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:02 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Oh, I disagree. That's one thing about Alonso that seems to get him into trouble; he can't keep his thoughts to himself. Compare him to the king of control, MS. Michael never complained publicly and never let on about the shortcomings of his team or himself (if he had any!).

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3