Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone here used the Toyo R888's yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Lunch is cool too. I will be all over Lauderdale, Hallandale, Miami Lakes, Kendall, Dolphin Mall area. When I get my appointment schedule worked out I will let you know and we can figure out a place to meet at for lunch.

see ya! Mike
Great, it's gotta be here in South Beach though, I hope you don't mind seeing good looking girls while you're having lunch...
Old 01-30-2008, 12:00 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Great, it's gotta be here in South Beach though, I hope you don't mind seeing good looking girls while you're having lunch...
Nope sounds great....like I tell my wife...just because I am chained to the porch doesn't mean I can't still bark at the cars!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:21 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a set of these tires today. Thanks Erik. Now we will be on equal footing. Get that middle finger out and ready to point me by.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll be a cold day in hell....I don't care if they black flag me, you'll never get the signal
Old 01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,651 Likes on 852 Posts

Thanks for all the R888 feedback, folks!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Nope sounds great....like I tell my wife...just because I am chained to the porch doesn't mean I can't still bark at the cars!

Originally Posted by Erik
It'll be a cold day in hell....I don't care if they black flag me, you'll never get the signal
That's the spirit!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik
Tom: No heat cycling or even shaving here. I would like to try shaved, but read somewhere that shaving was not recommended. Not sure of the source, and those people may be the same people that don't like R888's in the first place.

Petu, I still think that the R6 Hoohoos are faster, probably by 1-2 seconds at Sebring, but they just suck to drive to the track. All of us "non trailer" guys have had trips to and from Sebring in the summer that were scarier then anything we've done on the track, but the Hoohoos take it to another level (think Finland on the lake without snow :-) ). They also don't wear as well, and are probably done in 1/2 the time. In my 996GT3 I did set my 2;24something on R6's a few years ago. So if you trailer then the R6's are faster but wear out, the R888 wear longer and are almost as fast, and are great driving home in the rain. Of course if you trailer, you may as well run the Hoosier Grand Am slicks which are about as fast or a little faster then the R6's, (much slower then Michelin Slicks) and seem to wear like steel.
Thanks Eric!!

Quick Reply: Has anyone here used the Toyo R888's yet?