Sponsored by:

The Official NNJR @ VIR 2007 thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:30 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleder
Russ had BIG shoes to fill and as far as I have been concerned always was responsive and a gentleman. My concerns lies in next years track chair
^ Agree. Russ is a gentleman and has always been responsive to participants needs.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:00 PM
sbarton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleder
Russ had BIG shoes to fill and as far as I have been concerned always was responsive and a gentleman. My concerns lies in next years track chair
I have found that calling Russ work's better. Russ has always answered my calls and taken the time (usually out of his work day) to speak with me. I think that is very commendable.

Who is next year's track chair?

-Scott
Old 11-24-2007, 12:33 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,330 Posts

Originally Posted by sbarton
I have found that calling Russ work's better. Russ has always answered my calls and taken the time (usually out of his work day) to speak with me. I think that is very commendable.

Who is next year's track chair?

-Scott
Bob Michaelson.

I am surprised that you guys all seem to know Knute and yet are taken aback by his attitude. He is Knute, an enigma by himself. Nobody likes to get yelled at especially if they feel they weren't wrong. Although Knute is effective at keeping the unruly and unknowing at bay. Sometimes he might not have all his facts straight and has a "don't confuse me with the facts" attitude. Not saying it is right or wrong it is what it is and I would think with the collective intelligence amongst us here we can get passed his approach take the slap on the hand and move on. Pride can be difficult sometimes. I myself stopped doing DE 18 years ago because I was reprimanded for something. I knew was not in the wrong for and the attitude of the CI pissed me off. He was wrong but did it matter and now for the life of me I can't recall who it was or why I got pissed. In hindsight that was a big mistake and should have let it slide. There were no other regions to drive with so I just stopped. Wish I never did and glad to be back after so long, so in hindsight I made it into something bigger than it was and after the youth and adrenaline has settled out of the picture I realized it was pointless to get angry over something like this.

Suggestions can be made, there is new blood in the club but the old blood still has control over DE. It doesn't mean changes will never occur although constructive criticism and insightful comments to help fix the bad are the best starting points. So if we focus our comments on helpful ways to improve instead of bashing NNJR for its shortcomings might be the words that are heard the best.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cobalt
Suggestions can be made, there is new blood in the club but the old blood still has control over DE. It doesn't mean changes will never occur although constructive criticism and insightful comments to help fix the bad are the best starting points. So if we focus our comments on helpful ways to improve instead of bashing NNJR for its shortcomings might be the words that are heard the best.
Well said Anthony. I'll see you at the next BOG meating........
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Bob Michaelson.

I am surprised that you guys all seem to know Knute and yet are taken aback by his attitude. He is Knute, an enigma by himself. Nobody likes to get yelled at especially if they feel they weren't wrong. Although Knute is effective at keeping the unruly and unknowing at bay. Sometimes he might not have all his facts straight and has a "don't confuse me with the facts" attitude. Not saying it is right or wrong it is what it is and I would think with the collective intelligence amongst us here we can get passed his approach take the slap on the hand and move on. Pride can be difficult sometimes. I myself stopped doing DE 18 years ago because I was reprimanded for something. I knew was not in the wrong for and the attitude of the CI pissed me off. He was wrong but did it matter and now for the life of me I can't recall who it was or why I got pissed. In hindsight that was a big mistake and should have let it slide. There were no other regions to drive with so I just stopped. Wish I never did and glad to be back after so long, so in hindsight I made it into something bigger than it was and after the youth and adrenaline has settled out of the picture I realized it was pointless to get angry over something like this.

Cobalt, my comments on this thread were NOT intended as bashing NNJR. There are some very fine members there whom I respect and whose acquaintenceship I cherish. On the contrary, my "criticism" was intended to spotlight specific instances and situations where improvements can be made.

While I respect your position on "we can get passed his approach take the slap on the hand and move on"...I for one, will not and cannot accept that on principle. To ignore is to encourage more of the same. To effect a positive change one has to standup, and attempt to right the wrongs.

Cheers!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:09 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,330 Posts

Originally Posted by Big6Dad
Well said Anthony. I'll see you at the next BOG meating........

Looking forward to it.
Originally Posted by BobbyC
Cobalt, my comments on this thread were NOT intended as bashing NNJR. There are some very fine members there whom I respect and whose acquaintenceship I cherish. On the contrary, my "criticism" was intended to spotlight specific instances and situations where improvements can be made.

While I respect your position on "we can get passed his approach take the slap on the hand and move on"...I for one, will not and cannot accept that on principle. To ignore is to encourage more of the same. To effect a positive change one has to standup, and attempt to right the wrongs.

Cheers!
Bobby, wasn't pointing any fingers. We all have to do what we feel is right. I will be a full NNJR member for 25 years this coming August, affiliate member for 6 years prior to that. The club has a lot to offer but there is always room for improvement. Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

BTW I hope all you NNJR members will be attending our Charity Auction this year. December 12th. Lots of great gifts including watches, high end 7.1 surround sound receiver, works of art and tons of other great stuff. Worthy charity Employment Horizons also having their 50th anniversary.

Shameful plug, but hope to see you all there.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:27 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As Brian said, I was referring to multiple emails last year and this year. No excuse not to return an email (and I left my cell number as well).

Originally Posted by Brian P
In fairness to Russ (who I've always found to be very responsive with emails), this is a transition time between track chairs. I wouldn't be surprised if the DE email address is assigned to no one right now.

Bull might have some email addresses so you can contact people directly during the off-season.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
As Brian said, I was referring to multiple emails last year and this year. No excuse not to return an email (and I left my cell number as well).
That's very strange - that does not sound like the Russ that all of us know. I've always found him to be very prompt in returning emails.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:54 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

I am merely a frequent participant, but I will take the liberty of stating that I'm confident that NNJR is always looking to improve upon its DE program. This thread will be factored in as a part of that ongoing effort.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 AM
tntporsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
Can we bring Arlene back next year? At least she answers emails...
After reading this thread, I'd have to be nuts.

If you have constructive comments, please email me. If you posted your constructive comments in this thread no need to repeat in an email.

Arlene
Old 11-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Jscaramella
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Arlene, although I have not participated in NNJR DE's for a few years, given up for CR, I did attend while you where in charge. Having 1-2 off's during that time landed me in front of you, but I never left our conversations with anything less than positive feedback for my next run. I'm sure NNJR will continue to improve.

Comments I can make; getting last minute attendance availability as an option without 1st having to send my check and not having to pay for a full weekend if your only there for one day would be a plus for me (for the venues close to home anyway)
Old 11-27-2007, 09:01 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Arlene!

Plus one on the positive comments regarding Arlene and Russ. Can't say anything but good things about my experiences with NNJR.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 AM
sbarton
Instructor

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Hey Arlene!

Plus one on the positive comments regarding Arlene and Russ. Can't say anything but good things about my experiences with NNJR.
+2

-Scott
Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Hey Arlene!

Russ has always done right for me. And Arlene you just can never say enough good things about
Old 11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by tntporsche
After reading this thread, I'd have to be nuts.

If you have constructive comments, please email me. If you posted your constructive comments in this thread no need to repeat in an email.

Arlene
All I want to know is if your husband ever installed the nice 964 taillights and reflector I gave him for you!

Quick Reply: The Official NNJR @ VIR 2007 thread...